countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  04:32:19 AM  Show Profile
A couple of years ago we started having a time set aside each week for us as a couple. Back then we called it "Couch Night" and we would watch DVD movies and unwind. Not long after that I discovered Flylady and we began calling it "Date Night". Sometimes we might go to the park for a picnic or have lunch/brunch somewhere.

I'd told someone about it and got a surprised response, although they said it was a cool idea. I was just curious if anyone else has a "Date Night". Do you have a chunk of time set aside for you and your sweetie? What kinds of things do you do? Is it a set day of the week? A set time?

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  05:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Now that the kids are out of the house every night is Date night. I have a realy sweet DH.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  06:24:43 AM  Show Profile
We have a 3 month old and are just now talking about date nights...not because we are afraid to leave her, we simply haven't wanted to--she's such a joy. But, we do set aside time when she's asleep to snuggle or to have a glass of wine and hang out on the sofa. We plan on going to dinner in a couple of weeks and having my mom watch her for a few hours. It still feels weird though, when she isn't with us--like I've forgotten her in the car or something! I have to get used to that :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  07:34:05 AM  Show Profile
This past Christmas I gave my son and daughter in law "The 12 dates of Christmas" I took a clothesline and pinned on felt stockings and Mittens and filled each one with a different activity. Movie tickets, tickets to the zoo, pasta, sauce and Italina music cd, cookie mix in a jar, dvd and micrwave popcorn, board game and candy, gift cert to Trader joe's, bread baking ingredients and recipe, card games a coffee cake and coffes for breakfast in bed, etc.
They thought it was great and I had a lot of fun putting it all together
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  08:11:51 AM  Show Profile
Michele, what a great idea. You are very creative, girl. I would love to get something like that.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Date Night Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page