Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Women and their friends
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Women and their friends Next Topic  

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  8:53:49 PM  Show Profile
Earlier this evening i recieved a text from my old best friend. We were the type that were more like sisters than friends. That one great true friend that everyone has at some point in their lives. We had a horrible falling out a few years back and since then dont really speak. I wont get into details right now but lets just say it was BAD.
So it took me by surprise to hear from her tonight. We talked for an hour or so and it was nice. I miss her terribly.

I was wondering has anyone else ever lost that extra special friend? have you had the good fortune of finding another down the road?

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Miss2Missus on May 23 2009 8:59:53 PM

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  9:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Karen,
Yes.. and Yes! I lost a best friend a few years ago, and thought it would literally Kill me. I mourned it for a long, lomg time until I really grasped that the mear fact that she allowed something to come between us, spoke volumns to what our friendship really ment ( or didnt mean) to her and I moved on. I am a little "gun shy" of letting people in at first, but feel so blessed that I have my best friend Terra.. she gets me and I dont have to always "explain myself" she just knows me and it is easy. it is said that people come into our lives for a reason, a season or a life time......I think they have a special purpose! the ones that come in for a season, if for nothing else to show us, "how to breath".

And in case you are wondering; I think you can go back to an old friend too!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/RFBlog/
www.twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  11:03:38 PM  Show Profile
My best friend and I fell in love with the same guy. They got married, and I thought it best to step back. Giving up her friendship is one of the hardest decisions that I've ever made. And 7 years later, I still wonder if I would make the same decision again, even though I think it was the right one.
Obviously, it is a much longer story than that...but that's the condensed version.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  06:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have a wonderful friend that lives in California. We were joined at the hip in High School and I am devastated that we don't talk much any more. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding which was wonderful. I am really lucky that whenever we do finally get a hold of each other- we are always friends, but I miss that everyday type friendship from her.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  07:11:34 AM  Show Profile
I have two best friends, my cousin Michele and Joy, who I met in seventh grade. Michele and I have gotten much closer these past 10 years, thanks mostly to the internet and E-mail. Although we live in different states and she is a farmer and I'm a secretary who has been a stay at home mom for 6 years, we are a lot alike. Our friendship is very special to me, the fact we are first cousins is just an added bonus.

Joy and I have been best friends since 1972! It wasn't always easy to keep our friendship going through the years, it took lots of work and dedication on both our parts. We have been through a lot over the years and the one constant we have always had is unconditional love for each other. Whenever I am wrong or Joy is, we are supportive and loving, not judgmental. That I think is the recipe to a true and successful long term friendship. It takes a long time to cultivate, but we have reaped the rewards from it for 37 years now!

Good luck on finding your true bosom friend!
Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

RedHoopWoman
True Blue Farmgirl

513 Posts

Kathryn
Yoder Colorado
USA
513 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  10:31:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karen!
If you've got an opportunity to move forward with your friendship,I would sure give it a shot and don't look back,my best friend in all the world,Cassid,was killed in an accident years ago and even though we had some torrential fights and heartache now and then between us,that is all nothing compared to the pain of losing her.
The things that stand out in my mind are the times we rode our horses together in the woods,singing old Dolly Parton songs,we would ride against eachother in barrel races and celebrate the other one's occasional wins,we were always there for eachother and sisterhood like that just can't be replaced,like I said,all the arguments and strife are now all so small,let it go and enjoy your friend!!!

"Today's Mighty Oak is just Yesterday's Nut"
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  8:54:29 PM  Show Profile
its really nice to know that i'm not the only one who has that one true friend that weather they are friend or not anymore are always with you in your life

Karen ^_^

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  11:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes, in a way. My ever bestest friend and I have known eachother since kindergarten and we will both turn 52 in June, lol. She and I were always together, did everything together, had sleepovers even though we lived across the street, lol

She up and married an American some 29 years ago and moved there, made a career as a lawyer but whenever she was in the Netherlands we spoke and had a great time. We lost contact due to different moves. Some 7 yrs ago I tracked her down through her brother (very long story) and now we talk on the phone once in a while and if we do we talk for 2 hrs or longer :) I went over 2 yrs for a month long visit to her and her hubby and it was as if time just fell away and we had the best conversations and the best fun as always!

I am SO blessed to have her in my life still, and yes we are more sisters than bestest friends :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Women and their friends Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page