Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  4:32:27 PM  Show Profile
I know that somewhere around here there was a "recipe" posted for washing your hair with baking soda, vinegar, and a honey rinse. I couldn't find it when I searched for it, but I know it's here somewhere. Would someone please direct me where to find it, or just post the recipe for me? I'd really appreciate it. :D

We are heading to the beach this weekend (weather holding) and before I get all that sea water and sand in my hair I want to give it a good washing out. :)

Maybe it wont be so hard to get it out afterwards..hehe

THANKS!!
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  2:48:33 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, I think it's under the "No 'Poo" heading, but I can't be sure. And what I have been doing since January this year is washing with baking soda and rinsing with apple cider vinegar. I don't recall anything about using honey, but I could be wrong. I use about 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and just put some on the back of my head and some on the top and work it through, rinse and then use about 2 tablespoons ACV in a little less than a cup of water (I use an old yogurt container) and work that through my hair. If I think it needs it, I'll wash with baking soda twice. It's worked out really well for me, I don't miss the shampoo bubbles at all!
Good luck! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  2:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy,
Thanks for the info.:) Do you rinse the vinegar out or does it stay in?
The honey thing is a TBSP of honey in 2C hot water. It is a leave in conditioner, I believe :D

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Natural Hair Wash Recipe?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page