Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 It's Raining- Apple blossom petals!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic It's Raining- Apple blossom petals! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  09:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love spring because that is when the apple trees bloom. But I always go through a period of mourning about now because the time of the apple blossoms is now swiftly fading away. My hammock was white this morning with them and they keep falling on me and my computer as I sit below the tree.

The bees are doing their job and pollinating like crazy! I can already see little embryo apples forming at the base of the used up apple blossoms. It is amazing to see how quick nature goes from one form to the next! I know the apple blossoms have to fall so I can have apples later this year, but I do wish that a few blossoms stayed the whole season through! They are so beautiful and I find the scent positively addicting!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  09:18:48 AM  Show Profile
I love apple trees, too. We have 3 very old ones and 4 new ones. I was looking at the old trees last night to see if there are any apples and I saw alot. So the last frost didn't hurt them!! I have got to prune and thin next year. I can't even see up thru them they are so thick. I am also afraid to get too close because one of them is where a snake slithered up last year. I'm always afraid it's still up there and will fall on me one day. Oh how awful that would be.

Enjoy the last few blossoms, Alee. And I hope it's full of apples for ya'll soon.

And it feels like winter here today. If it had gotten a few degrees colder last night we might have gotten some frost. It's still cold now. This crazy weather. Although I am NOT complaining at all. I love it. I have clothes on the line and they are almost dry already with all the wind and sunshine. Sorry, I'm rambling on your post.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  12:23:53 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you girls, I love the apple blossoms and the cherry blossoms. They are so gorgeous!! I, too, am deflated when the blossoms end and the fruit begins, but then when I see all the fruit start to ripen, I'm elated again.

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  1:02:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We missed a frost the other day by a few degrees as well. I can tell that if everything goes well this year, we will have a bumper crop of apples! I am very excited. And I noticed a volunteer apple tree growing underneat the "mother tree". I would love to have more. This is just a rental but I might be tempted to plant some trees in the yard just so I can have the pretty blossoms in the spring time.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic It's Raining- Apple blossom petals! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page