Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Looking for: Old fashioned dustmop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Looking for: Old fashioned dustmop Next Topic  

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  06:54:39 AM  Show Profile
I am looking for an old fashioned dustmop. I don't want the Swiffer stuff. I want the rag, yarn type. I found a big one at walmart but I am really looking for a smaller type one that you can remove the head and wash it. I use it to dust my paneling and the one I have is wearing out. Any suggestions?

Patsy

I think that if a mortal ever heard the voice of God, it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. (F. Moore)

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  06:59:16 AM  Show Profile
I love, love, love, my microfiber mops, Patsy--I got them from (don't laugh), QVC--they're made by Bona, I believe is the brand. You can use them dry, just with water, whatever. They come in 3's, and you simply remove them from the telescoping mophead (heavy, heavy duty velcro) and rinse them or wash them as needed. The only thing, remember not to use fabric softener as it takes away from the "attracting" agent in the microfiber. I can't say enough about them--even my HUSBAND cleans with them because they're so simple and great.

With 4 dogs and a newborn, I've got messes and it's so nice to just take it from the closet and use it wherever, and the mop attachment itself extends like crazy, so you can even dust ceilings!

Here is the link to their official site.
http://bonamops.com/index.html

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on May 18 2009 07:01:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  07:23:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patsy - I had the same urge as you last year, and lo and behold I found one at Target of all places - they even sold the replacement mop heads. This is the smaller, almost round, old-fashioned type that I remember my mom using in the early 70's, of course mine doesn't have that distinctive brown/gold color scheme that hers did but it does the trick:) I haven't checked lately, mostly cause I now have one, hopefully they still are carrying them.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  08:00:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm heading for Target!!! MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  08:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We can buy them at Ace Hardware around here- both dust mops and the microfiber kind. I also have seen small ones at the dollar store!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  05:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Patsy you can buy an old fashioned dust mop at THE VERMONT COUNTRY STORE. You can find them online, they will also send you a catalog. I bought one from them and its great. Isn't one of those cheap imitation ones with a flimsy handle either. I believe it's wool yarn. Hope that helps.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Looking for: Old fashioned dustmop Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page