vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  2:29:40 PM  Show Profile
I am slowly going crazy....... I am sooooo sick of all the clutter and all the piles of stuff. Every day I try to get rid of more and more stuff, either putting it up for barter here, posting it on freecycle or donating it at the local church donation center but I don't seem to be making any progress.
Don't know how I got buried under this mound of STUFF but the more I try to reduce, the more there seems to be to get rid of.

Okay, I'm feeling better now that I vented!!!
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  3:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I have been going through that too! I got rid of a whole bunch of stuff a few months ago. It went on freecycle, to the goodwill, to the church yardsale and some of it got "gifted" to friends and family. And just when my house was becoming clutter free, guess what?! There's more! I found my culprit though- my mother. She keeps bringing over things that she thinks me or the kids might want. I've told her no and no and no a hundred times but it doesn't seem to sink in. aaaarrrggg, but I love her anyway.

Keep going you'll eventually find bottom! :)

Melanie

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  4:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You know, my house gets that way too sometimes. I think it is admirable to do barters with it- if you can stand for it to hang around for a while or to be getting more things in return. My best remedy when I am TOTALLY sick of clutter- throw it in black garbage bags and take it to the nearest thrift store donation center right then! If I let it hang around for even a day or two I start forgetting about it. I am in a major cleaning/decluttering mode right now too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  11:03:40 AM  Show Profile
I've put de-cluttering on my priority list now too. I have 2 storage sheds up the hill, with mostly useless stuff taking up space. Time to just have somebody else put it all in big bags and take it away. If I were capable of that much courage, it would be done by now. Hence the third party!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  11:06:52 AM  Show Profile
We have a lot of clutter, too...I took some away to donate on Saturday, but on my way to the charity, I stopped at a yard sale!

Also, I'm married to a stacker and conservator of magazines and I can't seem to get him to throw any away and due to his "piling" nature, they are all over the house and I'm beginning to get nutso with them. We live in a cottage, and the smaller the place, the worse it looks!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  4:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm going to have to do it your way. I wait and think...I might need this...or...someone might need this...or I should have a yard sale with this...and then, I'm buried! And Jonni...ME TOO!!!! I think my magazine reading is an addiction. When I'm not feeling perky or feel like I need to be a bit creative..I buy a magazine. I go through it carefully, tagging the pages of this craft or that idea...and then stack it in a pile! And then....everything is such a mess, I have no place to craft!
Go to Top of Page

southerngirl
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

florida
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  5:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I think you are right too. I have a closet (walk in) and a garage full of garage sale to be stuff. The problem is I never have time to have the garage sale. I feel so bad because most of it is in really good condition. I'm going to put it all in bags on the driveway for goodwill. I can't stand the clutter.
Go to Top of Page

Mamarude
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Anna
Durango Colorado
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  8:14:13 PM  Show Profile
Anyone here like Flylady? It was popular several years ago, and saved my life. I still try to take at least 15 minutes a day to shine my kitchen sink and find an area to declutter.
Cherian
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:22:29 AM  Show Profile
I really need to get on the ball with sorting things. I too have many things I don't need. I will probably be putting up some books for barter here shortly. We need to simplify and downsize :)

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AlyssaMarie
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

AlyssaMarie
Palouse Washington
USA
287 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:41:08 AM  Show Profile
We moved into our house last August and most of my house is relatively decluttered. Except for one half of my bedroom that literally looks like a storage unit. Its full floor to ceiling of boxes. Most is organized into piles for a yard sale we hope to have soon (never done one before so not sure where to start) and the other is stuff to be taken to charity or to find a permenent home in our house. It just makes me sick to my stomach to walk in and see all this stuff. Most of which I just simply don't want anymore. I also have young kids in school who can't seem to throw away any school work or art projects, so it lays in piles in their bedrooms. Does anyone know what to do about the stacks and stacks of school stuff? My oldest is in first grade so this problem should be corrected sooner rather than later!

AlyssaMarie @ Link'd Hearts Ranch
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  6:52:34 PM  Show Profile
You know, most of the clutter comes in to my house in the form of junk mail or magazines. I just can't bear to get rid of it until I've read through it. My problem is I don't want to give anything up!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  4:33:27 PM  Show Profile
My son de-cluttered my house. I was ready to shoot him when I found out he gave to good-will most of my very good and expensive pots and pans. But the rest of the stuff I didn't even miss. Maybe if you have a good friend you can declutter her home while she does yours. Pack up the stuff for 6 months in boxes and if you don't use it toss it, without looking in the boxes. My friend Nancy did that then gave me the boxes. I had to take them without looking into them. I got some cool things, she got decluttered and my nephew and his wife got the rest.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Slowly Going Crazy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page