Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash Next Topic
Page: of 3

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  6:10:04 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering how everyone is doing with this? Thanks again to all who are helping. Let me know if you are still in on this project.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2009 :  6:25:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm still in, Kristin!

Haven't had much time, but have 2 done so far!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2009 :  8:27:16 PM  Show Profile
Yippee Theresa,
Every little hat counts. Thanks! I can always count on you!

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2009 :  9:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Just a reminder the deadline for the next donation is one month away. Thanks again to the farmgirls who are helping with this project!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2009 :  07:37:19 AM  Show Profile
Kris,

Do you need them to you by Sept. 20 or sooner?

Theresa in Colorado

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  10:43:50 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I'll have some for you...yes, what is the deadline, please?
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  09:24:45 AM  Show Profile
If they can be to me by the 24th of September that would be great. I will possibly be going out of town after that and would love to get them to One HEART before I leave so they can get sent off in the container. You girls are great to be helping!

barnagainkristin

Edited by - barnagainkristin on Aug 31 2009 09:25:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  9:05:41 PM  Show Profile
Farmgirl reminder...
Please try to get the hats to me by September 24th. If you can't make this deadline I'm sure they can use them at a later date so still send them but I will be delivering the hats around September 24th to make sure they get sent in the container.

Thanks again to anyone who is helping!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2009 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I don't use wool because of allergies...but sure wish I could help ya.

Linda in Scranton, PA

Edited by - yarnmamma on Sep 09 2009 2:19:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  7:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the thought Linda.
Sorry about the wool allergies. Those little babes in the cold weather just need as much warmth as they can get so that is why we need wool or wool blend. Happy Knitting!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  3:05:13 PM  Show Profile
I have three done and working on the 4th, will get them all to you by the 24th. would you mind posting or emaling me your mailing address? thank you SO MUCH for your encouragement and work on this project! I wish i could have done more but canning season got in the way. I will keep knitting them if they will still need more at a later date? it's a wonderful way to use up bits of yarn :)
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  6:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
Thank you so much. Think of each little life that one hat will touch and how grateful their mother's will be. Any number you come up with will be appreciated so much even if it is just one. It would be awesome if you could keep knitting to use up your bits of yarn. It is fun to think of the little heads that will wear them so far away while you are knitting isn't it? One HEART would appreciate hats anytime we can get them to their organization since they have teams of Dr.s and Nurses going over through out the year to teach. I will email you my address right away. I plan to talk to them when I deliver the hats to get an idea on when I should set the next deadline for donations so I will post it soon in case you do want to keep on knitting. Thanks again so much.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  6:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Sara,
Your package came yesterday and what adorable pumpkin hats. They are so colorful and cute. I especially love the little stems on top and think they will be perfect for the little babies who will wear them. Thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job on so many cute little hats. You are an awesome knitter!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2009 :  8:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Kris,

I'm ready for your address again as well. I thought I had saved it from last time, but I can't seem to find it. Can you email it to me?

I've got 7 hats for you this time.

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2009 :  8:35:49 PM  Show Profile
Yippee! 7 more hats.
I will email you my address right away Theresa and thanks again for helping!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2009 :  3:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Maggie and Theresa!
What a great day at the mailbox. Twelve adorable hats that will all be just perfect for the babies in Tibet were in my mailbox when I came home today. You farmgirls are awesome. I will be delivering them next week to One HEART and I know they will all be thrilled like I was when they see them. Thank you so much!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  7:06:45 PM  Show Profile
I think the hats are ready to deliver unless anyone will be sending more. I will wait until the 24th deadline to deliver just in case more are sent and maybe I can knit a few more by then also. Thank you to everyone who came through and sent hats. I will take photos before I deliver them. When I deliver the hats we will talk about a new deadline if anyone wants to help with this project again. Farmgirls are awesome! Thanks again to everyone who helped or even who had good intentions of helping :)

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  7:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Well farmgirls, the hats were delivered today. I could have cried and almost did when I left the office they were delivered too. I had pictures in my mind as I knit each tiny hat of the little Tibetan babies who so needed them. China has decided to not renew the contract with One HEART so they had to lay off all their employees in the Tibetan region and will not be able to help the Tibetan mothers and infants any longer. Hopefully what they were able to do already will make a difference and the skills will be passed on to others. One HEART will still continue but may change their name since the T in HEART was for Tibet. One HEART is a legitimate non profit organization so I am not worried that the hats will be put to good use somewhere. They are hoping to help Nepal and the hats would be very needed there also. Are you all O.K. with your little hats going to Nepal instead of Tibet? They have been donated as planned and I was assured they would be delivered to Nepal or I would be called back to pick them up. They are also working on helping Chihuahua Mexico and if that is the case the hats would not be needed there since the weather is warm. If the hats don't go to Nepal for some reason I will pick them up. I have sent items to Afghans for Afghans in the past so if they come back to me are you all O.K. with me sending them to that organization? They really appreciate the wool so I think that would be our best choice. Let me know what you think since everyone put so much work into this project. I am so sorry that this happened and especially for the people who so needed them. I will be watching what I buy from now on and trying to stay away from "Made In China". I probably won't make much of a difference but it will at least make me feel better about being able to do something.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  8:54:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm sure they will go to somewhere good. I have donated to Afghans for Afghan in the past and that is a great organization - perhaps our next collective effort could go there? i'll knit for anyone that needs it. :) Thanks so much for all your work Kristin!!!

-maggie
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2009 :  5:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the encouragement Maggie!
I have a few ideas in mind. I went on vacation right after I found out no Tibet but my husband and I have been brainstorming on ways to still get the hats to Tibet. Our former governer John Huntsman is now ambassador to China so my next step is emailing his wife to see if she has any suggestions. Hopefully we can still get them to Tibet but if not we have a few contacts in Nepal so if One HEART doesn't choose Nepal maybe we can still get them to Nepal. Afghans for Afghans is only accepting blankets currently. All of a sudden I have lots of people who want to help including a school drill team and no way to get the hats to Tibet. Frustrating! Things happen for a reason so I'm sure it will all work out. Thanks for being understanding. I feel embarassed that it was all set and then China did not renew the contract. Hope everyone is as understanding as you are and knows that the hats will get to the right place soon. Thanks again for doing such a great job and knitting darling little hats. I will update everyone as soon as possible with new information when I get it.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2009 :  06:34:51 AM  Show Profile
Please don't worry about it too much Kris!

I'm sure those hats will end up exactly where God wants them to be! You have absolutely no reason to feel bad or be embarrassed. You have motivated a small group of women to contribute items made with busy hands and giving heart, there is only good in that.

I, for one, will help you again when you raise the call!

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  11:26:26 AM  Show Profile
Just thought I'd let you ladies know that the chosen charity for the 4th quarter project in the Farmgirl Philanthropy chapter is . . .

http://www.knots-of-love.org/ Caps for cancer patients.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out!

Theresa in Colorado

Edited by - TheresaB on Oct 16 2009 11:30:02 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page