Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash Next Topic
Page: of 3

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  8:26:15 PM  Show Profile
Me again Theresa,
I tried to register for the farmgirl henhouse but I get the message that they are not accepting new members at this time. Could you please let any ladies who are not already on this thread know about it so they can get the information they need. The deadline for the first trip to Tibet is still June 10th as posted in the first post. Thanks,

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  8:57:10 PM  Show Profile
Kristin,

I posted to let the ladies know to email you when they are done and that we need to have them to you by June 10th. So, that's all good.

If you'd like to join up with Farmgirl Philanthropy you'll need to email Brian and he'll work some magic and get you hooked up to post.

I'm on hat #6, hoping to get to 10 before mail date!

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  6:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Theresa,
So far I have heard from Sara.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  6:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Knitting and Crocheting Farmgirls,
Well the deadline is nearing to deliver the hats. We have just about 2 weeks left. Let me know when you read this if you still are able to help and email me so I can get my address to you. Thanks to all who have offered to help with this project.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  07:12:52 AM  Show Profile
Kris,

I will ship to you by Friday! Will you let us know how many you get?

Theresa in Colorado

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  7:27:53 PM  Show Profile
Finally found a knitting pattern I liked and I am working on the hats. It would be great if when you receive all the hats from everyone you could post a picture so we could see all the neat hats everyone made. It would be nice too if everyone shared what pattern they used. I am excited about being part of this! Sara
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2009 :  6:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Sara,
I will take photos of the hats and try to post them if I can figure it out. You are awesome to help and I can't wait to see your little hats. They will be on their way to Tibet very soon. Hope to hear from you again soon.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  4:53:52 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,
I received your package today and the hats are adorable. Thanks for putting your time and materials in to this worthy cause. They will be delivered very soon. Think of the cute little heads they will cover and know they will be much appreciated by their mothers.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  7:25:47 PM  Show Profile
Yikes! The pattern I used did not work out - my kids said it looked like a frisbee with a nose....Let's just say I am beginning again and I will hopefully have a better pattern and will send the hats to you for the next shipment. I am usually a good knitter, but this pattern was way too floppy and looked weird. However I may try felting it and see what happens...Sara
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  7:38:17 PM  Show Profile
Sara,
You are too cute. Thanks for doing the hat and no worries about missing the first shipment. They will be sending a large container to Tibet in the early fall so they will be able to take whatever we can give. I just delivered a lot of darling hats to them and they were so excited. Thanks for helping. I'll try to post a picture soon or email you one.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  05:55:42 AM  Show Profile
My revised "Pumpkin hat" is on the way! I think the rest I knit I will do in a bigger size though. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing what you think as far as size goes. Warmly, Sara
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Sara,
What a darling little pumpkin hat I got in the mail today. It will be so adorable on a little Tibetan baby. It will be delivered in the fall. I love the pattern you chose. I sent you a picture in the mail of the other hats so far. Thanks again for helping out.

barnagainkristin

Edited by - barnagainkristin on Jun 25 2009 4:05:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Oops Sara,
I forgot to tell you the size looks good. Mine are a little bit bigger and quite stretchy just because I am a loosey goosey knitter. Whatever you decide will be fine. I'm sure they have big and small babies like we do here. I'm with you on the idea that it's nice if they can wear them a little bit longer. I'm sure they will be passed on to other mother's when they are outgrown. When I delivered the last batch they said the wool hats would be so nice since Tibetan winters are just as cold as ours here in Utah but they have no heat. My daughter said "oh I'm sure they have fire but we thought about how they live above tree-line so they wouldn't have wood and I think they just burn Yak dung. Aren't we lucky to live where we do. Thanks again.

Kris

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

lelasfriend
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

sara
baltimore MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  6:43:32 PM  Show Profile
How lovely to get your note today Kris with the wonderful pictures of all the hats that have been made! They are so lovely. I am working on more pumpkin hats in a bigger size. Thanks for your feedback and for the wonderful work you are doing. Warmly, Sara
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  6:55:05 PM  Show Profile
I got you note today as well, Kris! I've so enjoyed this I'm thinking of just making this the Farmgirl Philanthropy project for July - Sept. too! What do you think?

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  1:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,
That would be great if you choose this for the project for July-Sept. I'm sure One HEART would be so grateful and this is a great opportunity to get things to Tibet since they will be sending a large container over in the fall. I would love to fill up all the space in that container we can with tiny hats. Thanks again for doing such a great job on the hats and helping out.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2009 :  8:45:30 PM  Show Profile
Any other farmgirls out there who could help with this project?
It only takes a small amount of yarn and a small amount of time to knit a newborn wool hat. They could also use wool blends. We just need warm little covers for those tiny newborn heads who don't have heat in their homes. I would love to get as many little hats to them as possible with the fall delivery.
Thanks again to all who have been helping!

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  05:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Kris,
What's the date you'd like these by this time? I haven't made any yet as I need to get some more wool. It's almost time to start homeschooling again and these little hats are easy to do while the kids read aloud to me!

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  11:41:57 AM  Show Profile
AWESOME. I have mostly wool in my stash so I'm in. Will get knitting. Thanks so much for posting this!
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile
Theresa B,
The deadline for this delivery is September 20, 2009. Happy you continue to work on this project. Your hats for the last delivery were adorable.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  8:15:44 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
I am so happy you can help. Good to hear someone else out there has wool in their stash. Most of the babies these hats will go to live above 10,000 feet elevation and their winters are very cold with no heat in their homes. Needless to say that is why we are asking for good old wool or wool blend yarn. Email me when you are ready to send them and I will get you my address.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2009 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Bumping this (Come on, ladies!) and adding some cute patterns I found free online.

Crochet:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70209A.html
http://sandyfroglegs.blogspot.com/2008/12/free-little-pillows-hat-illusion-of.html
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-bumpy-hat.html

Knit:
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/30035AD.html?noImages=
http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/kms-preemieHat.html?noImages=

Theresa in Colorado

Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2009 :  10:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Theresa! You are awesome! Can't wait to look at these patterns.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2009 :  3:49:12 PM  Show Profile
i was JUST thinking of this thread hoping I could find it later when i was ready to send stuff. Thanks for the bump! I'm finishing a pair of socks, then it's hats hats hats!
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2009 :  1:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Maggie!
Can't wait to see your hats. I have never made socks before but I've heard they are lots of fun. One HEART Tibet has found a company who makes tiny organic cotton socks and they are donating a bunch to be sent over with our little hats. They will be taking over newborn vitamins along with lots of other supplies. When I dropped off the last bunch of hats it was fun to see that they had quilts and socks to go along too. I'm so happy that farmgirls are helping with this project. I feel like it is such a worthy cause and the little hats will be very appreciated.

Happy Day!
barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit a long, Crochet a long, use up stash Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page