Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  4:30:57 PM  Show Profile
I was just wondering what do the farmgirls feel about Tarot cards?

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com

C.W.
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  4:35:53 PM  Show Profile
I am against them..... totally based off my religious beliefs and the Bible.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  4:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
To each their own...I feel do what is right for you...I don't mind tarot cards as a fun thing...

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile
I have some Tarot cards and I keep trying to learn how to read them. They are animals and Native American Shaman cards. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:21:21 PM  Show Profile
Diane,

I used to read Tarot Cards before I became a Born-again Christian.

I realized that they opened up the door to demonic activity. A Shaman actually taught me how to read them. I would highly discourage the use of them unless you want to welcome evil.

I would be happy to share more with you about my experience if you want to e-mail me.

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:28:08 PM  Show Profile
I am fine with them.. I have had mine read and I am thinking about getting a set. We each have our own paths...

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" http://thegoodearthfarm.blogspot.com follow me!
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:38:35 PM  Show Profile
For me personally, I don't agree with them.
You have to make your own choices though. :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"You are my strength when I am weak. You are the treasure that I seek. You are my all in all. Seeking You as a precious jewel; Lord, to give up I'd be a fool. You are my all in all."

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  7:03:53 PM  Show Profile
Tarot cards are many times right on target. If the reader really knows what they doing. I don't believe they are evil, but they are to be read correctly and carefully to make an accurate reading. My Aunt read them very well, I think they are actually a tool for those who are gifted already.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  7:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This is an interesting topic. It is always interesting to read different viewpoints on a subject. Isn't it great that our forum brings together so many people with different view points?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:25:52 AM  Show Profile
LOVE THEM!!!

I was given a set from my twin brother for our 30th birthday. I have several others and adore them. I'm so sorry if anyone has experienced anything negative with them. I don't think of myself as someone in pursuit of things negative, demonic or evil so it is hard for me to put tarot cards in that kind genre.

I suppose this is yet another example of just how different we all are despite attempts to be the same. I think that is wonderful and creates an environment of infinite possibility.
Cheers! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:45:07 AM  Show Profile
I always looked at them as a parlor game. Poor choice of words, I have never looked at them. I have heard that stuff like that leaves you open for evil spirits. Don't have time for that so I just rely on prayer and faith. However, I don't really see the harm as long as we consider them as a form of entertainment.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  08:22:17 AM  Show Profile
I get freaked out by anything that could possibly predict my future r anything like that! I like not knowing. I dont have a clue if they work or if any of it is true! It just scares the junk out of me. My friends got their palms read once and I was like NO WAY!!!! I dont even like magic shows.

That being said - I have seen some really beautiful Tarot decks but other than looking at them I wouldnt use them. Part of that has to do with my religious beliefs. However - I don't have a problem with people who do!

It takes all different kinds to make the world the beautiful place that it is!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  08:29:38 AM  Show Profile
Only our Lord Jesus Christ knows what our future is. If I am going to open myself up to anything spiritual it will through our Lord. Yes, to each his own. We all have free will. I personally feel that this world dishes up enough negativity to us all. Tarot cards are man made. I can only trust our Lord. It is enough for me.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  08:33:30 AM  Show Profile
I love tarot card art, there are so many beautiful decks out there. I have several and don't use them very often. I don't see that they so much predict the future as that they give you insights into what is going on and possible paths that you may take. I am not afraid of them. They can sometimes help you to find inner wisdom and insight into issues going on around you. They are tools for wisdom and not a bad thing to me. I too am glad that we can all express our opinions and still be sisters. We have a beautiful tapestry here of many thoughts on the subject. Thanks for the topic!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:14:35 AM  Show Profile
I don't think that people should rely on them (just like astrology) because nobody can truly know your future because it changes every time you make a choice. Relying on things like Tarot and astrology can do more harm than good (even though alot of people view it as a fun thing but some people don't they view these oracles as a sure thing), because ultimately these things are all based on interpretation not necessarily truth.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  08:27:23 AM  Show Profile
If y'all like tarot, I think you would love Caroline Myss's Archetype cards. This deck is very unique and so interesting. She believes before we are born we choose our family and make a sacred contract with the Divine. She believes each person has 12 archetypes or characters (key strengths and weaknesses)and everyone shares the same four (lets see if I can remember. . .we all share the child, saboteur, prositiute (compromisor) and the judge). We must all learn how to use our archetypes to be the best people we know how and when we acomplish what we come here on earth to do, we leave to go make another contract. I like these card because each archatype has the good and then the bad of each. There are many and it comes with book to help you read the deck. If you can't find it at Barnes and Nobel go to Hayhouse.com and I know you can order it there.
Or check out her link (those interested). . .
http://www.myss.com/
She is the farthest thing from evil and has the most kindest intent so please don't be afraid. . .

Best.
Heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  12:37:45 PM  Show Profile
I think they can be very beautifully illustrated, but I've only ever had experience with a goofy/hippy dippy good friend in England reading mine and I didn't like what she had to say (or rather, what the cards had to say...) and it never turned out that way (thank....whatever force???) I much prefer someone to read my tea leaves!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:26:29 PM  Show Profile
YOU WOULD rather have your tea leaves read, Jonni. LOL I remember some of your older posts about tea...high tea, afternoon tea...? So I had to smile reading this post. :) How's baby Violet?? I haven't even told you congrats yet..... so here's to happiness for the new family!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:29:18 PM  Show Profile
But responding to this thread on a relevant note, I do agree with Chelsea and Sharon. I believe there IS real power behind tarot cards and anything similar...but it's not the power I want welcomed into my life.

:)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  1:34:32 PM  Show Profile
LOL! How well you remember, Jodi! Thank you so much for your well wishes regarding Violet. And hey, I even bought violet tea to commemorate her birth

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on May 07 2009 1:35:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  2:56:02 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, I can remember my Grandma reading tea leaves. I loved that! I hadn't thought about that in a long time.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  2:50:59 PM  Show Profile
I took the tarot cards and gave them to goodwill. I should of burnt them. The next day I walked into my living room and my one minute sand timer had sand falling from the top to the bottom. No one was around, and to make matters worse I started to vaccum the living room and it stopped. At first I thought the power was off but it wasn't. I actually had to raise my foot and push the power button on. Shortly after I went to my home in Attica. Strange but true. No I didn't drink or smoke anything. But I am getting older.

Go to Top of Page

C.W.
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  7:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Wow, creepy. When I was younger we lived in a house that had some issues like you describe. Just weird things would happen... lights would turn on and off, toilets would flush, we had babysitters that refused to watch us again. My parents got rid of some things and it stopped. You try to rationalize each event... but it is the feeling that is unmistakable.
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  8:43:29 PM  Show Profile
Acts Chapter 16:16-18 speaks of things like this and not in a good light. Soothsaying is one word used to describe this in the Bible, and it speaks against it and yes I agree with what Jodi said. Nothing I'd want anything to do with either. I consider them very dangerous.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  04:45:08 AM  Show Profile
I figured as long as the sand was falling down and not up I would be OK. But I'm picking up some holy water and sprinkling it all throught the house.

Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  08:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Diane, I didn't want to give my opinion only that is why I this scripture with you. God will honor the fact that you got rid of the cards and your blessing on your home.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tarot cards Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page