Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 NEEDED...wedding shower ideas !!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic NEEDED...wedding shower ideas !! Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  02:13:23 AM  Show Profile
I am hosting a small wedding shower for my friend A. it will be on October 2nd, a sort of high tea with a few friends and her sister and dil. There (hopefully) will be 7 of us, including the bride to be.
Now I am in need of some ideas. I am making a sort of garland of victorian brides to hang on my mantel. I want to decorate her chair with white tule and some roses (fake ones)
Now I need your help :-) in planning some small favors I can give to the attendees, easy ones and that I can make myself.
ALSO what to serve? I am planning on a sort of high tea. One of the gals is pregnant (dil) and the other just had a baby (sis). SO I know I need teas, some little snacks but WHAT!! I might make muffins, maybe some nice and yummo sandwiches cut in 4s. Any more ideas, recepies, patterns etc??

Please help, I have never done this before (wedding shower)! I did have a summer tea last year and that was fun, but this will be Fall....
AND it need to be all on a tight budget (mine duh)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9325 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9325 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  04:00:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Marian,
Oh it is always so fun to do showers! My younger daughter just got married this past June and so it has not been to long ago we did her shower. Fruit cups are always nice to have and lots of people like fruit. The favors were little boxes that looked like gifts with candies in them.
Votive candles or scented tea light candles wrapped in tulle or tissue paper and tied with a little bow might be nice and you can usually get those in packs of 6 I think.
I'm sure the girls will come up with wonderful ideas.
The tea sandwiches sound yummy. We did those for the wedding reception and everyone enjoyed them.

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 19 2009 04:01:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  06:10:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Denise! Yes candles are always nice :)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic NEEDED...wedding shower ideas !! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page