gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile
I just read in my local paper that they are trying to start up a farmers market in my little town. They will have a meeting next month I can't wait. I wonder if the artisian breads that MJ builds would sell we don't have a bakery in town anymore. They would be easy to do Hummmmmmmmmm thats a thought. I was thinking that some of the home made soap would sell also. I guess I will have to wait until the meeting to see what is all allowed.
Diana

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  6:36:51 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I hope they get one started out there. I love FM. Ours starts here May 2nd. I have nothing to bring but will try to go and take some reusable shopping bags to sell. I got a very late start, but things are popping up all over out there!

At ours, we can only seel produce we have grown ourselves or things we have made. We only take people from our county or counties touching ours. And there is a membership fee of $20 a year plus $5 every time we go. It's also in a covered place, which is great in summer. With plug ins, too.

Good luck with yall's. Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Apr 30 2009 6:39:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  8:21:49 PM  Show Profile
Most of the time a health department certifed kitchen is required when making food products. Our town is starting a farmers market too. It opens june6. I can't wait!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Farmers Market Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page