Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 DH is cooking..I was scared, but IT'S FABULOUS!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic DH is cooking..I was scared, but IT'S FABULOUS!!!! Next Topic  

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  06:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone else's husband cook? Are you pleasantly surprised, disgusted, or just happy that you didn't have to make dinner?

Since Violet's arrival, Jus has frequently offered to help out in the kitchen. Well, that used to mean beef, beef, beef. On our first brunch date, he made a filet mignon and cheddar cheese omlette...UGH. The meat was cut into like, 2 inch hunks. I remember not wanting to eat for 3 days after because it was STILL in my tummy!! Oh, the things you do for love!

But get this: on Saturday for lunch he made a prosciutto, pear and goat cheese pizza with carmelized onions and honey drizzle (I know...WHAT????) and yesterday for lunch he made penne with fresh parmesan, chives (from the garden), andouille sausage, roasted red peppers and cloves of roasted garlic, tossed with olive oil, salt and cracked black pepper.

I bow to the master! Absolutely wonderful, and the "chef" isn't too hard on the eyes, either Though, I couldn't help but feel a little slighted when last night, I could only come up with turkey burgers (but they're made with granny smith apples and other goodies) and roasted sweet potatoes with sweet chili spice. A little ego bruising, but for food like this, I can get over it!

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  07:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni- Doug used to be the same way, but the more he has been in the kitchen and the more cooking shows he watches, the more he gets adventurous. Sometimes he doesn't follow all the directions so very well, and sometimes he needs to be reminded that REAL chefs don't over stuff things...

Now if only he would learn to wipe the stove down afterward and do the dishes on a regular basis!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  07:15:50 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Alee...that's the downside, isn't it? The cleanup. When we married, he said "if you cook, I'll do the cleanup"...what he didn't say was that he'd do the cleanup three days later or when he got around to it. Now he's cooking and I am STILL doing the clean up!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  07:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! Are you sure our husbands aren't clones?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2902 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2902 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  07:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Jonni
You need to send Jus over here & have him show Jim that there is life past the twice a year omelett.. & I agree, the clean up is the worst!. How can a kitchen look like that after a man spends less than an hour there?
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  07:58:57 AM  Show Profile
Ha! Maybe it's just a man thing. I am very happy with the concoctions, so it's a bit of a tradeoff, I guess. I did NOT however, do the dishes after my turkey burgers last night, so we'll see what happens when I come home from a long day at the "salt mine" as my daddy used to say :)

Lisa...just an fyi...after the omlette comes the "breakfast sandwich" or as I like to refer to it, "arterysnafoo".

Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  09:46:57 AM  Show Profile
I'm very lucky mine will make the dinner and clean up. Sorry he is a keeper and I'm not trading. I have been married for almost 26 years. We don't eat anything really adventuresome as I have a lot of trouble with certain foods. He even cans with the pressure cooker as I hate too. He just started to pitch in and I never turned him down. Although sometimes the dishes get into the wrong area but they are always clean.

Madelynne

johnandmadelynne.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  11:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Lucky, Lucky girl, Madelynne...he sounds like a true keeper--and don't worry, I wouldn't offer to swap--my guy would drive you crazy :) But, he's my kindof crazy and I guess I'll keep him, too!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic DH is cooking..I was scared, but IT'S FABULOUS!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page