Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  09:27:00 AM  Show Profile

Hi everyone,
I got this message from my oldest son Jared this morning. He is going to be walking in the juvenile diabetes walkathon again this year and is looking for sponsors. Thought I would pass this along to all of you and see if any of you could help him with his pledge. Maybe we can push him way over the top on what he thinks he can achieve. Some of you already know that Jared has had this disease since he was 6 years old, but most of you do not know that I lost 3 uncles to this disease, my older sister to this a couple years ago and my sister in Law last year, so this fund raiser is very important to him and also to me. He is shy and not very aggressive in looking for sponsors so it has been difficult for him to achieve the $ goals he places. This year I would love to see him bring in at least $1000.00 or 5 times that much. I know that with help from some of you who are able we could do this. Please help if you can. To make a donation please go to the link at the bottom of his e-mail. If the link does not work ,cut and paste it into your browser, then it should work. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.
Eileen Widman
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 6:41 AM
Subject: Support Jared Widman in the 2006 Walk to Cure Diabetes

Greetings!
I'm writing to you to ask for your support in a very special cause.

This year, I'll be taking part in the Juvenile Diabetes Research
Foundation's Walk to Cure Diabetes along with a half-million other walkers across the country. Our goal: To raise $86 million to help fund research for a cure for type 1 diabetes and its complications.
Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating, often deadly disease that affects millions of people--a large and growing percentage of them children.
Many people think type 1 diabetes can be controlled by insulin. While
insulin does keep people with type 1 diabetes alive, it is NOT a cure. Aside from the daily challenges of living with type 1 diabetes, there are many severe, often fatal, complications caused by the disease.
That's the bad news... and yes, it's pretty bad.
The good news, though, is that a cure for type 1 diabetes is within reach.
In fact, JDRF funding and leadership is associated with most major
scientific breakthroughs in type 1 diabetes research to date. And JDRF funds a major portion of all type 1 diabetes research worldwide, more than any other charity.
I'm writing to ask for your support because now more than ever, EACH of us can be a part of bringing about a cure. Each of us can make a real difference
Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as you're able?

Together, we can make the cure a reality.

Thank you,
Jared Widman

Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:

http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=86321926

Follow this link to make a donation:

http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=86321926

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  10:26:34 AM  Show Profile
What a great way to contribute! Everyone should at least take a look at this website. Jared is 60% of the way to a very modest goal he has set for himself. I think we can push him way over that! Come on FarmGirls.......let's get on the bandwagon.
Can you imagine how much he would raise if we each gave $1.00?
Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein

Edited by - quilt8305 on Feb 01 2006 10:28:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  2:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Clare. I'm sure Jared will appreciate your contribution.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2006 :  2:14:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you soooooo much Mary and Clare. Jared is so excited he has called me twice from Iowa this morning!! It is wonderful to see him enthusiastic about this and I appreciate you so much.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  09:27:11 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to a few of you wonderful Farmgirls, Jared has surpassed his fundraising goal! Let's keep going and maybe he can double it!
Thanks Aunt Jenny!
Mary

Edited by - quilt8305 on Feb 02 2006 09:30:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  10:44:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow !!! You guys are wonderful! Thank you so much Jenny and Susan.
Mary, what a wonderful cheer leader you are. I vote you for pom pom girl of the year!!!
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  08:19:37 AM  Show Profile
FarmGirls are wonderful. Jared started out with a goal of raising $100 and thanks to some very special FarmGirls has raised $230 at this point. Let's keep helping this worthwhile cause. Double it he did - now can we triple it? Thanks Ellen. You are so generous.

Mary

Edited by - quilt8305 on Feb 06 2006 08:23:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2006 :  10:52:00 AM  Show Profile
A dollar each from 70 more donars would triple his goal! or $5 each from 14, or $10 each from 7. He has until March 4th. I am still cheering him on and hoping to help him at least triple his goal. Thanks you are all so wonderful.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2006 :  09:25:20 AM  Show Profile
Jared is only $50 away from tripling his original goal of raising $100 for Juvenile Diabetes. Let's see if we can get him there with our help. And be sure to check out his cute website.

Mary

Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  2:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Jared only has $40 to go to reach a total of $300 raised for Junvenile Diabetes research.. Farm Girls keep stepping up and donating - isn't that wonderful?

Mary

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Juvenile Diabetes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page