Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Baking using my sourdough starter!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Baking using my sourdough starter! Next Topic  

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  05:23:10 AM  Show Profile
My starter..."Lizzie" is really doing well and I use her more and more. I baked some sourdough whole wheat blueberry muffins that were delicious...well, they still are...there's a couple left! LOL!
Check my pictures on my blog...they turned out great. I used Mary Jane's recipe for starter and one of the gals from the MJ's Bread Recipe forum provided the recipe. Thank you whoever it was...I can't recall now. These are so quick to whip up too! Starter is SO easy once you get it going for making all kinds of baked goods and it's always "ready to go". Give it a try and there is GOBS of help and advice and recipes on the bread forum.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  08:09:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sam! So glad it is going well! You might want to post over on this topic http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28238 since more girls might check that topic or be subscribed to updates. I cant get on blogspot from work but I will certainly check out your pictures tonight!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  08:17:31 AM  Show Profile
I knew a car once named "Lizzie" I believe her first name was TIN. You have really made that starter work, I saw your muffins they looked yummy.
Nancy Jo

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Baking using my sourdough starter! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page