asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
Had to share. My dad is pretty good with the hammer and saw and a few years ago made a set of Adirondack chairs for our yard. Well we have been shopping around for garden benches and everything was really expensive. Then I thought why not have an Adirondack Love Seat. Asked my dad and he said he was out of winter projects so why not. He just e-mailed me a photo from his workshop and here is what it looks like (of course it will get a coat of weather seal) and then it will be ready for the backyard. It is all out of cedar.

[ ]

It will look great in the corner of our backyard with the climbing fairy rose arbor behind it.

Who else has some great lawn stuff?

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2006 :  5:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow, That is beautiful! Nice to have a handy Dad. That is going to be so welcoming to your garden!

This is a picture of my side yard at my old house, taken May 20, 2004. The old dresser I picked up for $20 at a thrift store, the wicker stool has passed away , but was someone else's trash that became my treasure. It was a cozy little place.

Theresa

Edited by - farmgrlchick on Jan 28 2006 5:31:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2006 :  9:21:43 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, your corner looks like my favorite coner to sit in the summer. My DH built me a chair I added a old wire milk crate with an small, old dresser drawer to fit over the top, which works grate for a tea tray. Next to those is a tall, slender old bookcase that in the summer I have lined with candles.
Anne, your dad does beautiful work. I would love to have Adirondack furniture some day. Hmm? May be a project for my hubby this summer?

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  06:50:44 AM  Show Profile
Julia -

I think my dad got the original pattern for the chairs off of the internet. The cedar wood, durable but not that expensive. The loveseat is only going to cost me under $100.00 for the material. In the magazines a piece like that is always over $250.00, plus my dad made it so that makes it special.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  07:43:59 AM  Show Profile
Anne -- the loveseat is great! Please show pics when you get it outside in it's final location.

Mine is just a little old fashioned garden where the flowers come together to praise the Lord, and teach all who look upon them to do likewise.
-- Celia Thaxter

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2006 :  4:59:12 PM  Show Profile
I will definitely post pictures when it is in the yard and the rose is blooming.

Anne

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Garden Furniture/Decor Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page