Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Nothin' Like Sawin' Logs At 5:30 in the Morning...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nothin' Like Sawin' Logs At 5:30 in the Morning... Next Topic  

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  2:05:37 PM  Show Profile
Wow. What a day. This morning my DD woke me up a little after 5 and said the power was out, she was going to her boyfriend's house to get ready for work. Then she calls me a few minutes later, still in the driveway, and says there's a tree across the driveway. She can't get out. So she calls Jeff, my SIL, next door and he's been up for about an hour. He said it sounded like a freight train just went through the valley. Scared him. So he gets the chain saw and starts cutting branches and me and Abby start pulling them over to the side so she can get out. I went back to bed then.

Apparently we had some pretty bad weather I slept through. There are trees down everywhere all over Ga. and parts of Tn. and Alabama, too. Just did get power back on. I was so worried about all my food in the freezer ruining. But thank the Lord it's back on. My satelite is messed up so I can't see the news to see what actually happened here. But I saw enough while I was out earlier today.

I hope everyone is ok that went through this. Is is even tornado season yet?

Kris

Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  2:52:35 PM  Show Profile
I heard where yall were going to have bad weather last night
I am not sure if it is or not
and I watch the weather station all the time lOl
I am glad you all are okay, hugs sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Kris,
We didn't loose power but, with the wind this morning we lost a lot of shingles off our roof. You must have been tired to sleep through that. Have a good evening.

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  5:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I thought you were going to be talking about how your hubby woke you up early by snoring really loud! That must have been some storm! Too bed the tree went down! I am so glad that everyone is okay!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjournies.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  06:05:32 AM  Show Profile
The funny thing about that particular tree is it has been dead since we moved here and I have wanted it taken down and burned all this time. So God did it for us. How neat is that?

The power went off again this morning but came back on soon after. More bad storms in Tn. again. Nothing here except rain,again. I hope nothing else has happened.

There is nothing better in the morning than a nice big ole cuppa coffee. I sure missed that yesterday morning. I made a little cup of warm tea yesterday but it just ain't the same. So I have a nice big cup right here. SO good!!

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  09:30:09 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, glad you are all okay. Storms can be so frightening and when you realize that you just slept right through it...well howdy!!

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  12:07:23 PM  Show Profile
It just missed us but a tornado tore through Shreveport and Bossier City. You should see the west gate of the AFB. Ooh, wweee! I hope no one over there was hurt!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  1:02:37 PM  Show Profile
It has been the strangest weather lately. Right now Lookout Mt. which is to the west of me is covered in dark clouds and to the east the sky is blue and the sun's a shinin'. Just really strange. And I don't think tornado season starts til June.

Yeah, I must be a really heavy sleeper anymore. I didn't used to be. When my kids were younger, I heard everything. Not anymore, though.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  12:03:56 AM  Show Profile
Kris, glad you are all okay. Praise God! How wonderful he took down a tree for you, now it's done and you can cross that off your "honey do" list. lol

Cindy

FARMGIRLS CAN DO ANYTHING!!!

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  05:33:05 AM  Show Profile
We got it all sawed up yesterday. The guy who came to fix the satelite said he'd take some of the wood. It is so pretty and smells so good. I need to get a chipper-shredder and use the branches for mulch. We have at least 30 cedar trees here. The goats have taken care of some of the smaller ones out back. They need to come down too. But I would much prefer the human way now! But at least the tree fell across the driveway and not on the fence. It was just too perfect how it fell right across the driveway. We could not have done it ant better for sure.

Looks like more rain today here.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  07:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Kristin! I must say I am glad I don't live in an area that is prone to tornadoes! We get some awe-striking thunderstorms up here. The kind that can make your hair dance with all the electricity in the air and that you can read at midnight just by the lightning strikes- but luckily no tornadoes!

Please stay safe!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Nothin' Like Sawin' Logs At 5:30 in the Morning... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page