Page: of 6

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  10:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jan, I decided to go natural, and that is a white grey, a couple of years ago, most of the ladies I know had been trying to discourage me but I kept going and within 9 months I was natural and they loved it.
I couldn't stand the dyes any more and now my hair is softer than ever.
Go for it.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Well...as of TODAY I am 21!!!!!! It's my b-day!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  7:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Well, happy birthday, Chelsey, and many more! I have been alive for 58 years now.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  06:25:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Hi all!
I am 37 and until this pregnancy felt about 20!!! I am sure I will get there again!! So neat to read everyone's post!

Hugs!!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"

Edited by - Buttercup on Apr 26 2009 06:31:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Miss2Missus
True Blue Farmgirl

407 Posts

Karen
Asheville NC
USA
407 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  11:49:04 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Laura Marie

I just turned 28 and feel like I am just starting to know what I want. Now going about getting to it is another story.

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"

you took the words right out of my mouth.

I just turned 28 in February. but don't ask my wii fit age, that's how old i feel some days.

I have a theory, after the age of 14 you slow down in aging. You mature in that you learn to act "cool" by not blurting everything out when it first pops in your head (except for me i never got that far)then at 20 it just stops. i've talked to my parents and many co workers they seem to agree they all still feel like they are somewhere around 20 not 50 and 60.

http://apple-and-eve.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2009 :  2:37:23 PM  Show Profile
I am loving all the 50+ Farmgirls we have on here! I will be 57 in May. I loved turning 50 and felt like I was comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life. What I don't like are the wrinkles and sagging skin on my face but that goes with the territory.

Handmade Soap & Lotion Bars http://www.therusticcottagebath.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9417 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9417 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  4:34:58 PM  Show Profile
You know I've been following this thread and the interesting thing is that no matter what our age it is better than the alternative. At least that is what my kids tell me sometimes. I have not come to the place where I am happy with me the way I am. I still feel like I am a work in progress and I thank God for that. Though some of the things I am not happy with are the outwards things, ie;weight you know the things I can do something about. I am grateful that God is patient with me. ;)

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile
I turned 39 this past February-heading towards 40!! I like this age better than any other so far, and after reading the posts, I'm looking forward to my 40's, 50's, and hopefully beyond!

I teach middle school. A friend of mine who retired a few years back always said "We must like teaching middle school so much because we have about the same maturity level"!!!

Jennifer
Farmgirl Sister #104

"Nature brings to every time and season some beauties of its own".
-Charles Dickens
Go to Top of Page

Summerstead
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Heather
Roseland Nebraska
USA
119 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  06:13:35 AM  Show Profile
I'll be 31 on Mother's Day!

I have a hard time believing my own age a lot of the time. It doesn't hit me that I'm no longer a 20-something until somebody calls me "ma'am" or until my 6-years-younger brother has a birthday. I won't complain, though. While I've always been happy, I feel more peace in my life now than I did 10 years ago. I feel (and usually act) much younger, and I think that may be the key to a long and happy life!

*Heather*

www.summerstead.blogspot.com
www.summerstead.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

C.W.
True Blue Farmgirl

101 Posts

Chelsea
Prosser WA
USA
101 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  06:40:20 AM  Show Profile
I love all these "age advantaged" women here! We young 'uns have so much to gleen from your wisdom.
I will be 26 in July, just starting to hit the age where I know what I believe. Now it is just a matter of gaining the maturity and wisdom to keep my mouth shut.
Go to Top of Page

River
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Jean
Stockdalet Texas
USA
17 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  4:12:00 PM  Show Profile
Well birth age is 52 this August.....but sometimes I feel what I think 90 feels like.. then other days I feel like a Spring chicken those are the good days I wouldn't trade for anything...
Go to Top of Page

createmyworld
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Beth
Akron PA
USA
295 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  05:56:16 AM  Show Profile
I remember when I was little and my mom was in her 30 somethings and I'd ask her how old she was and she'd have to think and do the math from whatever year we were in. I thought that was so ridiculous that she could forget how old she was and now at 38 I am finding that I have to do the same thing often! :0) It's so funny to remember that and be there now! This is a fun thread, I read through all 10 pages and love seeing everyone's response!

www.createmyworld.etsy.com

"He who works with his hands is a laborer, he who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who works with his hands, head and heart is an artist." -St. Francis of Asisi
Go to Top of Page

KD Earthwork
True Blue Farmgirl

210 Posts

Katie
Gualala Calif.
USA
210 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  8:59:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm 48, 49 this August.I'm happy to read about everyone in these postings being happy with thier lives.Is there a coincidence here?Independant,strong women who look back on thier lives and are happy they lived the way they did.
Me too, very happy married to the man of my dreams.A daughter that just turned 21,one entering high school next year, and a three year old.I work my butt off on our small farm and my job to support it(w/ my husband's help too).But every day is glorius and happiness just radiates out.

Katie
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  8:16:42 PM  Show Profile
I turned 53 in April. I am in better shape now and feel better than I did 10 years ago. I work at a horse rescue where we currently have 90+ horses. It is hard physical work but like I say I feel better now than I did years ago. My husband of 31 years was joking with me the other day and said he wouldn't have a chance against me if I decided to "take him out". I finally decided what I wanted to be when I grow up. I want to be a farm/horse girl. It is never to late to become who you want to be.

Farmgirl sister 572

May the force of the Horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  07:00:41 AM  Show Profile
I am 37 and apparently look pretty young, yesterday I was mistaken for my 13 year old daughter! I looked over at my husband and he was laughing. He said "See, you still don't look your age", and most of the time I don't act it :)

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  1:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
It's been fun reading through this thread. I didn't have a clue until 40, then just a peek, to get me through that decade, then 50 hit, woozer gals, it's been a great ride these four years, I'm learning more and more about myself every year. Sixty oughter be a hoot ;P Like Corinne though, I quit coloring my hair and I don't regret it. Attiude of course is the biggie, the sassier, the better, LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1706 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1706 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  1:26:57 PM  Show Profile
How old amI? This question doesn't really brother me. I'll be 58 on August 5th of this year. It's good to know all the different ages and the opportunities that can exist with different ages.

Your farmgirl friend
Laurie
suburban countrygirl at heart

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How old are you? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page