Page: of 4

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2006 :  5:13:50 PM  Show Profile
I googled 'yo yo quilt clothesline' and it pops up as the first entry. Pretty fun!
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  08:16:18 AM  Show Profile
I don't know if I'm behind the times here or just can't keep up, but did the yo-yo exchange start yet? I'd like to get in on it if it's still open...thanks
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  08:40:24 AM  Show Profile
well, now that all the dolly patterns and bunny/carrot patterns have been mailed out .. let's get started on that fun "yo" exchange!

I'll start a new 'thread' about it .. where everyone can officially sign up .. and with all the info.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:03:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Frannie! Will you also give info on how to construct the yo-os and what to use for a durable pattern? I've never yo-yo'd but always wanted to. Thanks again,

Love,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  7:28:40 PM  Show Profile
I just found out about the Olfa rotary circle cutter. You can look it up online, but Jo-Ann fabrics seems to have the best price.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Donn
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Marilyn
Newcastle New South Wales
Australia
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  9:05:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Fabulous Farm Femmes

I have a vintage pattern from a 1953 Family Circle magazine for a clown doll made from the yo yo's if anyone is interested.That would be a cute way to use your yo yo's also.This pattern uses 52 yo yo's 3 inches across (finished size) for the arms and legs, and 13 5 inch yo yo's for body.
I can copy and email it to any one who wants it.

Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  3:06:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Any size works well I have used dimes as timplates all the way up to cups it all depends on the size of your scrapes and how patient you are

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Apr 28 2006 09:46:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  6:24:14 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by CabinCreek-Kentucky

i once did a yo-yo swap with lots of girls .. now THAT was a lot of sewin' .. as i remember there were about 20 of us and we swapped 5 yo's each!

would be fun if there were about twenty-five of us of us and we only swapped ONE yo each. it would be a 'beginning' .. it could be the 'center' of a 'table topper' .. and we could finish off the edging and make it as small or large as we wanted.

if enough of us are interested .. AFTER the dollie class .. it would be a fun summer project! oh .. and when we finished .. we could all take photos and display them!

AND .. maybe maryjane's sewing book will be out by then .. so .. everyone will know how to make them!

True Friends, Frannie

Frannie what a good idea I would be interested in doing a summer project with yoyo's I loved making the 60 that I did.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  9:05:55 PM  Show Profile
i'm still working on my yo's ... soon as i get this computer working right .. i'll have everyone that is in the swap .. send me your name/home and e-mail address.

don't send it yet .. cuz' it might not get through .. and i lost some of the ones you girls did send me .. wait to hear from me to send it .. and then i'll let everyone know who to mail their yo-yo's to.

did we decide on some for EVERYONE or to do it in groups of FIVE?

(if i don't answer e-mails or postings .. it's cuz' i can't get on-line') xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  04:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Ok, this type of swapping is new to me. Can you explain exactly how does this work. Would you need to make 5 or 60 yo yo's?
Thanks
Tina
quote:
Originally posted by CabinCreek-Kentucky

i'm still working on my yo's ... soon as i get this computer working right .. i'll have everyone that is in the swap .. send me your name/home and e-mail address.

don't send it yet .. cuz' it might not get through .. and i lost some of the ones you girls did send me .. wait to hear from me to send it .. and then i'll let everyone know who to mail their yo-yo's to.

did we decide on some for EVERYONE or to do it in groups of FIVE?

(if i don't answer e-mails or postings .. it's cuz' i can't get on-line') xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  05:01:22 AM  Show Profile
hi tina .. for this swap .. you need to make 60 .. cuz' there are about twenty of us in the swap at this point .. and we are either going to send 2 to each person on the list .. or .. we will swap with five people and send more. love to have you join us!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  05:29:52 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie,

Ok, I'm in! How do I make them and when would they be due?

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  05:34:27 AM  Show Profile
I keep my baggie of yo circles with me all the time. I'm able to stitch away while waiting at the orthodonist, basketball practice, traveling, etc.... I've just got a few more to go to get to 60. I could just keep going....this type of stitching is so mindless and relaxing.

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2006 :  12:58:29 PM  Show Profile
I keep mine with me too...I am up to about 50 now and have alot more cut out.
Tina..we don't have a due date yet, but we have been working on them for a little while. We are using a CD for a template and folding over the edge 1/4" (no pressing) and doing a running stitch close to the edge. Let Frannie know if you want in on the swap!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

schindm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Mary Jane
Rockford Illinois
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  10:30:39 AM  Show Profile
quote:

I have a vintage pattern from a 1953 Family Circle magazine for a clown doll made from the yo yo's if anyone is interested.That would be a cute way to use your yo yo's also.This pattern uses 52 yo yo's 3 inches across (finished size) for the arms and legs, and 13 5 inch yo yo's for body.

Go to Top of Page

schindm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Mary Jane
Rockford Illinois
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2006 :  10:35:16 AM  Show Profile
quote:

I would be most appreciative if you could email me with the yo-yo clown doll instructions. I have taken over the sewing chair for Daughter's of the Nile (Tebala Temple)and we sew for the children at the Shriner's Hospitals. I have hundreds of yo-yo's and clown heads without instructions on how to sew them together for the finished doll. No one I know has the pattern and instructions. Yours is the first place I have found to get the pattern-most are for the crocheted clown doll. Thanks so much! Mary Jane Schindler K9NKAT@insightbb.com
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  10:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Mary Jane (nice name) I will be glad to email it to you.Especially for such a great cause!I will contact you by email tomorrow.Watch for my email (my address is monkeysocks)so I don't get thrown out in the bulk mail!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2006 :  11:38:58 PM  Show Profile
Shriners is one of my favorites!!!!!! My sweet granddaughter was born with hip problems and had to be in a big old body cast and then had two surgeries all before she was 2 years old and Shriners in SLC did it all and for free. They were caring and thorough and wonderful. They will always be my favorite charity!!
Welcome, by the way, MaryJane!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

schindm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Mary Jane
Rockford Illinois
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  08:52:51 AM  Show Profile
quote:

Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  09:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Diane, reading back, I would love to have this pattern.

Could you email me privately, and I'll send my address?

Thanks,

I am an avid quilter/farmgirl! Love this site!

Again, thank you!

gloria g.
Richards, TX
strawberryhousequilting@earthlink.net

quote:

P.S. I have a cute pattern for a flag wall hanging made out of yo yo's and buttons if anyone wants a copy!

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  09:09:42 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message

one of my favorite toys from my childhood I thought I would post it here as it is made of yoyos my cousion brenda hendron made it for me

have a lovely day
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile
Yo yo's are a great project. The hardest part is all the cutting. They are easy. I bring a baggie of cut out fabric and make them when I'm waiting like at the Dr. or a ferry. They are wonderful. I used a drinking glass as a template.Have fun! should be a great project.

Can't wait for the new book.

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

schindm
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Mary Jane
Rockford Illinois
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  3:11:41 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I would really appreciate a copy of the instructions for the yo-yo clown doll. I have hundreds of precut circles and clowns faces and no instructions on how to contruct the doll. These dolls will be completed for the Shriners Children Hospitals made by our local Daughters of the Nile organization. Thank you so very much! Mary Jane at K9NKAT@insightbb.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  5:03:39 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
http://www.ehow.com/how_8124_make-yo-yo.html

I have never used the above pattern so I do not know how good it is the patterns I use are still under copysrite so I can not post them

a pretty picture for ideas go to this site
http://www.victoriantrading.com/store/catalogimages/21v/i8255.html

I love the above doll just gorgeous

http://www.spoonsisters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=100&Product_Code=26608

these dolls are adorable animals

http://www.geocities.com/bjstitches2/yoyobear.html

have a lovely day

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 28 2006 2:39:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  8:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I am just reactivating this post as we are in the middle of a yo-yo swap and wanted people to get ideas what they could do from the post in this thread.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe

www.sunshines.etsy.com
http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com/
http://sunshine.harbaugh.googlepages.com/home
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic yo yo quilt Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page