Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic
Page: of 6

molliejd
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

mollie
white lake mi
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  2:22:38 PM  Show Profile
Camping sounds good to me. I would love to meet all of the Michigan farmgirls. I live in White Lake. Let's plan something soon!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  6:01:12 PM  Show Profile
molliejd. "Molly Jane Doe?"

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  12:09:21 AM  Show Profile
hi everyone,sorry it took so long to get back in here(dealing with bronchitis the past couple weeks and still not quite 100%)Besides Crafts 2000 we could go to a local cafe here called Cafe Classics.It's a neat little place where they have local groups come and perform in the evening a few nights each week.They serve coffee,tea,etc... along with soup and sandwiches...the owner also recently bought two other store fronts and connected them...one is a coney dog(etc...) restarant,the other a bakery(the personal sized cheesecakes are heavenly!)Maybe the we could do the 18th or 25th of July?(I think that's what the saturdays would be).I'm excited to meet everyone down here.

cj6 *believe in miracles*
Go to Top of Page

molliejd
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

mollie
white lake mi
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile
I hope that I am not being too sensitive but I didn't expect to have the user name I chose be criticized. It is just my first name and my intitials. I am new to the forum. So much for my first post.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  5:51:04 PM  Show Profile
Cj6- I hope you are feeling better, I had bronchotis and it is a nasty thing. and
molliejd, I really don't think Jessie meant anything by what she said. She is the type of person to do that.. Please don't take it wrong. I think she was just asking..
To everyone else, I would like to get together with everyone but I really am not a good camper. so, I will go next time when we meet for another time.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  6:27:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mollie....I don't think Jessie meant to "criticize"... we all have fun/different names for a variety of reasons... Welcome to our Michigan farmgirls!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  6:36:51 PM  Show Profile
OK...the whole camping thing! IF it's not too far away...I could bring my pop up. My tow vehicle is not as ummmm "reliable" as it used to be, so it would have to be sort of centrally located to me for the camper.... There would be room for a couple of other folks too. Just a warning...I snore. LOL Otherwise, I'm hauling out the tent!

Got a little UP action planned for the first week of July (after the 4th) at Tahquamenon Falls. Might just be me and my 9yr old... he wants to travel through the locks. I'm game! Plus, 4th grade is the big learn-about-MI-year...so we'll get a bit of a head start. Then, the following week, we are off to southern KY to a "family" reunion on my hubby's side. Going to be a ton of folks at the old homestead...so the tent is coming along!!! I'm on a little fold up cot these days though. I turn 49 on Friday and am feeling every bit of it!!! LOL. There is a fiber fest in Charlevoix at the end of July too. Thinking about the state park up that way for just me for a couple days. AND then there is the fiber fest in Allegan (over that Fennville way) late August....

Peachy...I grew up in Otsego. Picked a lot of apples/plums in the Fennville area as a teen! Have a wonderful potter friend living in South Haven. And, my mentor/dear friend in the Coloma area too. I miss it. It's so FLAT over here! (even though I've been here 18 years now....) WELCOME to the group!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  07:44:45 AM  Show Profile
The Fiber Fest in Allegan sounds like something we should attend. Does anybody know of a good camping spot on that side of the state. We could do the Fiber Fest and maybe go to holland or Saugatuck?
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  08:21:40 AM  Show Profile
Mollie, I'm so sorry...I ABSOLUTELY didn't mean to criticize your name in any way. I am a very big "Golden Girls" fan, and in one episode Rose tells a story about someone named "Mollie Jane Doe" from St. Olaf. When I saw your name that is the first thing that popped into my head, and I wondered if maybe you chose that name because you remembered it and were a fan of the show, too. No offense intended AT ALL!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  09:04:59 AM  Show Profile
I am already planning on going to the fiber fest in allegan. My sister lives in lansing so I am staying with her. So if you guys meet someplace let me know I will meet ya there.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  09:31:32 AM  Show Profile
Another option for those not attending the Michigan Fiber Arts Festival in Allegan August 15-16 is the St. Johns Mint Festival. Lots of great stuff going on that same weekend in my town; I live on the parade route and within walking distance to the park and would be happy to play hostess at my house for anyone who would like to attend. The link to the Mint Festival flyers is: http://www.clintoncountychamber.org/pdf/mint/2009mintfestivalbrochure.pdf

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  10:02:17 AM  Show Profile
Wow never heard of it but that link makes it look like a lot of fun!!! but i am already committed to going to the fiber fest. Looks like a lot of fun though...

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Jessie mae,
St Olaf???? Have you seen "New in Town"? with renee zellweger and Harry Connick. It's in St. Olaf and the Minnesotans are as good as in Drop Dead Gorgeous.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  6:40:51 PM  Show Profile
ARRRRGGH!!! I go to the Fiber Fest every 2-3 years, is this the year I'm supposed to go?? It can't be, I still have fleeces in my basement not spun from the last one... My 35th year high school reunion is this year, that weekend, and I talked another woman into organizing it, I have to show up...

Gosh I wish there were more weekends in the year!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  05:20:59 AM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to bow out of this,everyone.It's nice that y'all have managed to connect through this post,and are able to travel to get together.I'm just not in that place yet,I have small children still and grandbabies that I watch each week,money is tight.My family loves to camp but, I'm not sure when we will be able to this year,me going without them wouldn't be fair.I was so excited when we got our computer to find this site...as I look for the magazine everytime I am in Ann Arbor or Toledo and had hoped to find some friends to do things with around here.Michele said to think of something to do down here and I did(in between being sick) but,no one seems interested. : ( Have fun when you get together again.

cj6 *believe in miracles*
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  07:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Jessie Mae,
I checked out the site for the Mint Festival and it sounds like fun. I think we'll come to that instead of Fiber Fest. Do I really need more yarn????
is there someplace nearby where we can camp. I'll email you
Michele

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  2:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Michele! I just saw that last week! How funny! I loved that the secretary made "tapioca" whenever she was stressed! And I really thought it was funny when Rene' got out a big spoon and was eating the WHOLE bowl...

Hmmmmm...mint or fiber....mint or fiber....well, mint certainly smells better! LOL..... And actually Michele, there is camping right at the fairgrounds. Which is what I was going to do. Now I can't decide. Actually, I was looking forward to a couple days away from my kids...but it's always a crap shoot with my husband's work schedule...so mint might be the only option....going to the website.

BTW, there is a fiber fest going on in July at Castle Farms in Charlevoix too. THAT looked interesting... Haven't ever been there though and hotels are pricey in that area. I do have a friend with a boat in Charlevoix though....

Here's the Allegan fiber fest website http://www.michiganfiberfestival.info/
AND if you really want to drool over some yarn/fiber...check this out! http://www.michiganfiberfestival.info/

Boy, could I use one of those fancy-schmancy cruise deals.....ME or AK sounds good...nothing tropical for me though....
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  2:22:18 PM  Show Profile
Here's a thought.... August 30 Detroit Tigers Stitch and Pitch! It's a Sunday at 1:05pm. Tickets are 15$. It also happens to be "kids day" too!!! http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/ticketing/stitchnpitch.jsp Just a thought... I know it's right before Labor Day.... But it's back to work that week for me anyway...

I haven't been to a Tiger game since I was a kid. I did get to watch some fireworks from the new park from the Ren Cen when my hubby did a show down there last summer. THAT was cool. Fireworks from higher than the fireworks....different.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  7:19:16 PM  Show Profile
tHERESA, STITCH AND PITCH IS OUT FOR ME BEcause I have a family wedding that weekend. bummer.
I think the mint festival is a go. Farmgirls and mint...juleps, maybe???hmmmm
Michele

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  4:44:22 PM  Show Profile
IF...and I mean IF, I do Stitch and Pitch...it'll be a family thing. Can't go see Tiger baseball without my boys! ;-) They aren't big baseball fans (and neither am I) but they should probably see a major league game at least once right?
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  10:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
StarMeadow, you just come on over anytime and we'll go out picking apples or whatever is in season at the time! All of you are more than welcome to camp in my yard! (just as long as you don't mind goats and chicks and a very talkative cow!) Allegan is about 30-45 minutes from me and there's also the Glennfest/craft show parade etc 2 minutes away from me in August! I don't have the dates for that yet! If you're uncomfortable camping we'll put the dog away (I'll do that anyhow!) and you're more than welcome to stay inside, if you don't have a camper or don't want to haul one, I have one that's in great need of remodeling but it works for horse camp and anyone is welcome to stay in that too!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  6:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow...what a great invite Melissa! You just never know. I do need to get over there this summer to visit a friend in Coloma, maybe we'll swing up that way! :-) (I used to live in Paw Paw and teach in Dowagiac many moons ago....)

I picked apples on a farm in Fennville as a kid. And, plums, and pears. Those darn pear trees...I got poison ivy every time.
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
StarMeadow or anyone else interested...open invitation, come on over! I thought up another idea that's closer yet to Allegan (Fiberfest) and also the Allegan Antique Fair...I think the first Sunday or last of every month - help me out here Michele...my brain isn't thinking! If anyones interested. One of our Michigan farmgirl friends who is on the forum but working hard right now so isn't on as much (Miss Kris) is camp manager at Silver Creek Horse Camp in Hamilton...closer yet to Allegan, the camping is $10 per night, very rustic...pump for water and outhouses! This is where the dh and I take our horses so of course I'd have to come with them! There is a horse camp section and a non-horse section, a beautiful creek and lots of nature! Of course you are all more than welcome to stay at our house but I thought I'd throw out another idea!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  9:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
oops! should have read before I typed and saw that Fiberfest (Allegan) was out and mint was in! Sorry!!! Invitations still open if anyone is interested! Sorry for the confusion...

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  8:01:43 PM  Show Profile
There is also a state camp ground not far from St. Johns, where the Mint Festival is. http://www.stateparks.com/sleepy_hollow.html

And if anyone is intersted, there is a family mint farm that is struggling to not have to sell off their land and you can buy mint oil and a few other mint products from them to help try to save their farm. I believe they'll be doing tours at their farm again this year during the Mint Festival.
http://www.getmint.com/

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page