Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic
Page: of 6

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  06:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Well next time I say lets meet in lansing.....I will drive that far since I have a sister there and I can spend the night for free... Free is Good!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile
I'm lonely .....everyone's tooo far away! : (

cj6 *believe in miracles*
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  06:07:35 AM  Show Profile
CJ, Oh I am sorry you feel that way. write to all of us so you are not lonely!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  11:41:48 AM  Show Profile
Lansing should only be about an hour and a half for you if we do an activity there....

Yes...write to us CJ about your comings/goings...so you don't feel so left out!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  6:19:06 PM  Show Profile
Lansing may only be 1 1/2 - 2 hours away but that's too far for me.I have six children three of which are under 14.I homeschool them,we have gardens,that if I don't work on them(although difficult do to health issues)they don't get done cause no one will do it without me there.I have two grandbabies that I will be watching again when my daughter goes back to work in a few weeks(maternity leave right now)that will be 4-6 days a week(weekends included)plus all the day to day things.We have one car and although I do usually have it during the day as hubby rides with a friend,I can't depend on that from one day to the next.(if either of them have a change in hours,going in earlier or later than normal,I don't have the car.That can happen once every few weeks or multiple times in a week.Extra $ don't happen often and even a dr.appt (1/2 hr away) can throw a glitch in the budget with the extra gas.Sorry I know this all sounds stupid but,driving that far is just not an option for me.Not that I wouldn't like to meet other farmgirls....We have't even gotten to GR any time recent to visit family : ( I don't have many friends,none that understand my back to basics/green way of thinking and had soooooo hoped to find some here that lived close enough to visit with on a regular basis.there use to be a group about 45min away i guess but, although they say taking new members on here they don't even have a group anymore(i talked to the girl who started it.she said she'd see if any wanted to still meet and let me kow but,weeks later nothing) I guess I'm just in the wrong place.nothing new there.

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  6:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Well it sounds like you have your hands totally filled so keep writing to us and we can at least talk to you and get to know you better!!!!

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  09:15:19 AM  Show Profile
CJ
Perhaps you could come up with something to do/visit in your area and those of us who can, could come down there.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  10:35:14 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I was thinking the same thing! Maybe each of us could take a turn "hosting" the sisters in their hometown. Those who can come, do, and those who can't get kept in the loop through the Henhouse.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

viola61
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Susan
Bay City Michigan
USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  3:08:27 PM  Show Profile
I just joined the forum the other day so that I chat with you ladies. I am only sorry I didn't join before you went to Frankenmuth, it is only 20 minutes away.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:03:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh that is too bad you missed it. It was fun. Please continue to read this forum so we will get to meet and you can come the next time.

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:45:08 PM  Show Profile
Bummer, somehow I missed this. I was emailing with Michele but then I never heard back about what was going on with the group. Please keep me updated!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh cool. another michigan Farmgirl...Cool!!!!

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  6:59:00 PM  Show Profile
PHOTOS finally!!!
This is us! Look at all those aprons!!
Jesse Mae pointing out the SNAZZY buttons on her jean jacket that she jazzed up herself! Buttons are red nail polish with white out dots, covered in clear nail polish!!! Now that is some serious farmgirl ingenuity.
And this girl deals with all those Bridezillas (see her I Hate My Job Post) and still has time to wow us with her prowess at earning badges!!!!
Check out this cutie of an idea....look close...yep it's an orange juice carton that Rise' had cut and folded into a wallet!
The spout area is like the clasp. She'll be teaching this craft at a summer gathering to kids. She could use some used/clean orange juice containers. email Rise' for directions on how to send them to her!
Ok it doesn't really have anything to do with our yummy lunch in Frankenmuth but isn't this hand carved clock COOL!!!???

Thanks for everyone getting together! I had the best time. I'm really looking forward to our next "gathering" of Farmgirls in the Mitten!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  12:41:06 PM  Show Profile
We really did have a blast!!!
It makes such a difference when you can put a face with a name or in the case of our farmgirl names an alias.
Rise is my sister and is not on the site yet, but if you want to send her cartons for the recycling junk into really good stuff class for kids, you can reach her through my email.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  12:16:20 AM  Show Profile

Hi Michele,I'm glad you suggested finding something for everyone to do down here.I imagine everyone does some kind of craft? So maybe Crafts 2000? LOL!(I remember you saying you like to come down and go there) If you can give me a little time to think about it,I'll find something to add to that to make it an afternoon? It may take a week or so...still doing school and trying to get the gardens "done"...

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  08:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Hey CJ...since you started this thread, could you please edit the tagline to include "new photos" or "photos up" to alert the rest of MJF that we have pics up of our Farmgirl Frolic? Thanks!!!!
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  11:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Oh poo, I missed seeing this and the first gathering! I'm subscribing to this topic right now! All the photos are great! I'm way out here in Fennville...anyone near by? For all of you crafters...our little small town of Glenn has a "Glennfest" every summer (small parade, food, booths etc), I'm signing up and getting things ready if anyone else is interested in selling or just stopping by let me know - or heck...bring your trailers, tents - whatever, I've got a big yard!!!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  1:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Well you sure are farther away from me.!!! I am sure we can find another place to meet that you can make it too.

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile
Just joined "the farm" and glad to know there are other gals in and around the state looking to get together. I am kind of in between everyone in Montrose (just south of Birch Run...outlet mall). We are expecting a fair bit of company this summer but would like to meet with y'all if I can at the next gathering. Enjoyed the photos of Frankemuth - looks like a good time was had by all. Take Care, Karen

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  7:19:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the "Farm," Karen!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  09:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Karen!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  10:27:28 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Karen,
Hope we can have a get toether soon. Does anybody else like to camp? Maybe we can meet at a campground and do some glamping.
Let me know
Michele

www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

RaspberryBee
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

Karen
Montrose Michigan
USA
291 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  7:46:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcomes! I love to camp. Right now it is in a tent but we are building our own teardrop trailer...slowly but surely. I would really need to work at glamping...not what I learned at girl scouts or growing up in a pop up camper. Pretty much every gal for herself. Pampering ones self while camping, a new concept I might get use to.

Karen

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.
-Henry David Thoreau-
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been camping (except for Girl Scout camp YEARS ago), but if you all are willing to teach me the basics, I'd love to go!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  07:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Ladies...start your campfires!!!!
Let's try to put toether a glamping weekend.
If we shoot for August I can probably get it organized. We don't have to meet in a campground. If someone has a big yard (or a farm) we could do it there. If you don't mind sharing your potty. We would pay for electricity.
Could be loads of fun.
Email me and let me know if you are interested.
I have a tent up for grabs for the weekend if anybody needs it.
Let's go campin!!!!!
Michele

www.stitchingby2sisters.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page