Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic
Page: of 6

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Right now, it looks like we have 5 interested Farmgirls for the upcoming Michigan meeting in Frankenmuth:

*Michele (vintagediva1)
*Beverley (Beverley)
*T (StarMeadow)
*SallieDee (Sallie)
*Jessie (JessieMae)

DOES 1:00 PM ON SATURDAY, MAY 9 WORK FOR EVERYBODY?

Last call for anyone else who wants to go! I'll call over to the Bavarian Inn and make reservations for us on Wednesday for the above time and people unless I hear otherwise.

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  09:50:41 AM  Show Profile
That sounds good to me. There is one more farmgirl who lives up here by me that her computer isn't working right now. I am going to talk to her tomorrow so I will ask her if she wants to go and let you know. Sounds like so much fun!!!!!Also just to let everyone know in october in frankenmuth for anyone of you that raise chickens they have a fowl festival and have showing of chickens and ducks and such. it actually is a three day thing but I am only going for one day, saturday. I don't know the exact dates yet but just thought I would let anyone know that might be interested. You can find it on the web under Fowl Fest. bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  12:37:06 PM  Show Profile
I am in. Sounds great to me.
I am bringing my sister, Rise, who is about to join farmgirls.
1:00 p.m. Where shall we meet?
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  11:06:21 AM  Show Profile

I am glad that there are so many farmgirls in lower michigan and they are willing to travel to connect.Frankenmuth is really neat(my family was there last summer for a few days-unfortunately our engine had thrown a rod so we couldn't really go do anything)I know where there's a campground that's fairly quiet and cheap.We stayed there and it was really nice.Unfortunately I can't do anything at the time you're looking at.My 14 year old's Confirmation is on may 12th and we're celebrating on the 16th(our family-still in michigan-is all over by GR),this in addition to 2 who are playing soccer.The soonest I could try and do something like that would be the end of summer.(taxes due the end of june-need to save lots of $$$,and class reunion 30th is 15 augustin Grand Haven.) I hope you all have fun!

cj6 *believe in miracles*
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  12:20:02 PM  Show Profile
CJ,
Sorry you can't join us in Frankenmuth but we will plan more events throughout the year. If you have any ideas or suggestions for the group. email them to me and we will probably have a brain storming session in Frankenmuth.
The confirmation party sounds lovely. Don't get so busy with the planning that you forget to enjoy the party
Michele

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  2:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Lorraine said it sounds like fun so it looks like we will have another farmgirl coming from up here in atlanta. If anyone would like to meet anywhere to drive together let me know. I will be coming down 33 and then catching 75 for the rest of the way. I can't remember where everyone is coming from..

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  4:54:14 PM  Show Profile
Here I am!! I'll be there! This is going to be great!
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  10:21:12 AM  Show Profile
THIS IS SO GREAT! We've got 8 Farmgirls coming to our Fabulous Farmgirl Frankenmuth Fling!
1. Michele (vintagediva1)
2. Jessie (JessieMae)
3. Beverley (Beverley)
4. T (StarMeadow)
5. Sallie (Sallie Dee)
6. Rise
7. Lorraine
8. Terry
Any other takers? As promised, I'm calling up to the Bavarian Inn tonight after work and getting reservations for us for Saturday, May 9, at 1:00 pm. I'm going to check on getting us a private room, but if I rememember correctly, there's a hefty fee for that. If there is, I'll ask for a secluded space.

Is meeting under the glockenspiel (the big German clock on the outside of the building with the dancing figures) a good plan? And so we recognize each other, should we wear our aprons? (I've got a "dressy" apron I've been saving for just such an occasion!)

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  12:41:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh that sounds really fun!!!!! Lorraine and I are planning on wearing our aprons too!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:21:00 AM  Show Profile
Aprons it is!!!!
Can't wait to get there.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2009 :  10:34:03 AM  Show Profile
Details on our Fabulous Farmgirls Frankenmuth Frolic on May 9, 2009:

We have a table for 10 reserved at the Bavarian Inn for 1:00 pm. We plan to meet up under the glockenspiel (big German clock) on the south side of the Bavarian Inn at 1:00 (wearing our aprons, of course!) and head in together. However, if you miss us, the hostess stands on both sides of the buildings will have us listed as the "Michigan Farmgirls," and can direct you to our table from there.

If you've invited a Farmgirl who isn't regularly on the message boards, please forward this info to them so they can join in the fun, too!

Can't wait to see ya'll there!

Jessie Mae
Farmgirl Sisterhood #134
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2009 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Did we know when we decided to wear our aprons that Monday May 11 is National wear an Apron Day. We're so cool we're ahead of the trend
Michele

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  12:48:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey,Everyone have fun on saturday! :) If anyone is going to be down around monroe I'd love to meet and have a cup of tea or coffee with you.And Michelle, I'll try not to get too caught up in the prep for the party(thats why I asked for the house to be spotless for my Mother's day gift.LOL! so I don't stress all week over it and can focus on the "little" things ...like making the cake and other food etc...) my email is cjfrommich@msn.com

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  12:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey,COOL! I'm a Farmgirl in Training!!! yehaw!

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  1:25:23 PM  Show Profile
CJ Have fun at the party, we'll miss you in Frankenmuth. But, we can try to plan somethin down your way soon
Michele

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Woot! I am so ready for a visit! See you ladies tomorrow!!!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:19:27 AM  Show Profile
Michele,thanks I'd love that! : )
Have a Blessed Mother's Day everyone!

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  5:17:43 PM  Show Profile
I live in Ohio, but our "up north" place is near Grand Rapids, so we go through Brighton and Lansing a few weekends a month... I work for a compay that has GM as a client, and DH works for GM so we also go through the SE Michigan area on a regular basis. (I lived in Rochester Hills and worked in Troy for 3 years...before coming home to the heart of Ohio)

If there are farmgirl happenings in Michigan I would be glad to hear of them. Unfortunately I won't see you all in Frankenmuth (love that place, hope you tour Zeilinger's woolen mill, say Hey to Gail for me)

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  6:37:04 PM  Show Profile
We had a nice time meeting each other and picking out our chapter name so it was well worth the ride downstate to meet all of the nice other farmgirls. I had fun!!! Hopefully everyone else did too....

Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Pics to be posted soon!! I'm assuming you all had a safe drive home Bev? You win the "far away" prize I'm sure.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  5:19:45 PM  Show Profile
We got home fine and safe and gee what do I win!!!! hehehehehehe next time I was serious it can be lansing then I can spend the night at my siters.....it would be fun!!! I want to go to that big knitting shop!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  5:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Divas did you get my personal info I sent you on your email? I did not know if those were i's or L's , so I hope it got to the right place...

Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile
We had a great time at our get together on Saturday.
Our official name is Farmgirls of the Mitten.
Got some great ideas of fun stuff to do together.
Michele

Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  10:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,where by GR that's home for me!even if I am down here in the SE right now.I'd love to visit with you sometime when you come this way.

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  12:00:51 AM  Show Profile
We're north of GR, a couple of miles outside Kent City. I'd love to meet up too!

quote:
Originally posted by cj6

Brenda,where by GR that's home for me!even if I am down here in the SE right now.I'd love to visit with you sometime when you come this way.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Looking for FarmGirls in Michigan Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page