Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic
Page: of 5

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:53:23 PM  Show Profile
cool thread! When I was in high school was told by a couple of teachers that i could be Trisha Yearwood's little sister...then, a couple years after high school, I put blonde highlights in my hair, and I was told the same thing by several people....funny thing is, I looked at the pictures of me this last christmas after 5 years of marrige and 2 babies in a row, and all I saw was a slightly slimmer version of Rosanne Barr.....arg!!!!!!!! How do you go from Trisha Yearwood to Rosanne?????.....lol
Go to Top of Page

Hosanna
True Blue Farmgirl

466 Posts

Hosanna
Alton Virginia
466 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  11:07:54 AM  Show Profile
I had somebody tell me I looked just like Carrie Fischer in the first Star Wars movie - Princess Leah. Without the huge hair buns on the sides of her head. I checked - and you know she's right?
Go to Top of Page

lara916
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Lara
Washington State
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile
I've had a quite a few people tell me I look like Cate Blanchett, but my hubby doesn't think so at all! LOL.

Lara #327

"Boots" Becker Homestead Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  3:46:33 PM  Show Profile
I don't look like anyone, except I do often get the "You look familiar, where have I seen you?" question. But my five year old daughter is constantly being told (especially when she was a year or two younger) that she looks like the twins from Full House.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

MrsDirtDoctor
True Blue Farmgirl

165 Posts

Hallowell Maine
USA
165 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2009 :  07:24:51 AM  Show Profile
I get paula abdul all the time, although i really don't see it!! when i was younger i got christina ricci...LOL
Go to Top of Page

MissMcdonald
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

7 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2009 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile
When I was in the emergency room @ the hospital with my sister and her very sick asthmatic boy, The doctor on call tried to tell me I looked like Renee Zellwegger. (as we had just spent the night on chairs at a different hospital, I assume he was comparing my hairdo with her look on cold mountain) He was trying to be flirty so he was kinda embarrassed when I said "This sick little boy is the one here to see you."
Since then I have been told that by others but In all honesty, I dont see it.

The cocks may crow, but the hens do all the work.
Go to Top of Page

mspence
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

Misty
Warrensburg MO
USA
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2009 :  09:40:43 AM  Show Profile
I got told I had a smile like Julia Roberts a couple of times (big goofy grin). I also get told I look like Rachel Weise (The Constant Gardener) alot. I think maybe from some angles, when my hair is long. But I think I look like me. It was fun to read everyones posts though!
Go to Top of Page

Annabel
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Anna
Malvern PA
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2009 :  7:08:35 PM  Show Profile
I love this thread! I get Ashely Judd all the time.

Annabel
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2009 :  3:04:07 PM  Show Profile
For those of you who have seen the wizard of oz, many have told me I look like Dorothy. Now, it's more like toto.

Bonnie Ellis

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2009 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile
When my hair was long and straight, I was told I looked like Debbie Gibson. When it was permed, I was told that I looked like Tatum Oneil. Now I just look like an old lady...at least my 16yo tells me so!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
http://maknfaces.blogspot.com
~I'm rough & tough and I don't wear bloomers~ Nellie Braken 1887
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2009 :  10:59:32 AM  Show Profile
I used to look a lot like Carol Burnett. In her book, there is a pic of her (senior pic I think). My senior pic looks just like her. We really could have passed for twins. Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with her as we aged. I'm sure she had a little help from the plastic surgeons. We still have the same big mouth. Wanna hear my Tarzan yell?

Belle
Go to Top of Page

MissLiss
Farmgirl Legend Schoolmarm

322 Posts

Melissa
Corona CA
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2009 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile
When I was in school, Who's the Boss was big and everyone kept telling me I looked just like Alyssa Milano, and I guess I *kind of* did...but not any more. Back then I didn't care, but now, what I wouldn't give to look like her!

Melissa
Farmgirl #724

Use it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without!
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2009 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile
Bette Midler. I wish I could sing like her.
Melody Farmgirl#833
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13621 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13621 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  2:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I don't recall being told I LOOK like someone famous, but I have been told be some that my singing voice reminds them of Karen Carpenter's voice.
I just look like the rest of my family . . . :)
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

redbud
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Christine
Luther Oklahoma
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2009 :  6:04:49 PM  Show Profile
A guy I used to work with once told me I looked like Twiggy-he had to explain who that was, lol. Other than that when we were in high school, my best friend and I were told we looked alike alot.

to everything there is a season, a time to every purpose under heaven
http://christine-88stitches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  04:43:29 AM  Show Profile
I have honestly never been told I look like any celebrity!

Not all those who wander are lost...
www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

MyGreenGravity
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Michelle
OH
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2009 :  08:56:38 AM  Show Profile
I get stopped alot for people to tell me I look like Alanis Morisette.

Some people ran down a boat dock after me and asked me if I was her or her sister! If I could only sing and make that kind of $$ lol
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  04:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Back in the day...many moons ago...I was told I looked like Peggy Lipton of 'Mod Squad'.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

UnSophisticatedFarmGirl
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Jeannie
Elgin Oklahoma
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2009 :  11:10:25 AM  Show Profile
I dont look like anyone per say except myself but recently my 13 DD was told by several folks at SEARS that she looked like a young Helen Hunt..lol Of course she was like who is that?! LOL. I think a thread with photos would be great...

Swing By & Say Hi: www.theunsophisticatedfarmgirl.com/

If You Dont Like My Cooking Lower Your Standards!

Grass Fed Eggs Are Best

Edited by - UnSophisticatedFarmGirl on Nov 25 2009 11:11:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

Sarah
South Haven MI
143 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2009 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile
I've been told I look like Margot Kidder, girlfriend in the original superman movie, but I don't see it so much ;) I get the "you look a lot like my; cousin, friend, aunt, etc," too.

Farmgirl sister #779

http://symbioticstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AveburyRose
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

DJ

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  09:25:52 AM  Show Profile
Two people...that look nothing like each other...which is funny....when I was young, it was Charlene Tilton...then as an adult...

Madonna and Stevie Nicks. Just as many people have said both. I think it depends on the lighting! LOL!
Go to Top of Page

thecatspyjamas
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Denise
Scottsboro AL
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  4:44:36 PM  Show Profile
This was fun to read! Once a boy told me I looked like Bo Derek. LOL...he just had a crush on me. I was only 12 and it made me mad! Once someone told me I looked like Marilou Henner and I liked that, although I don't look anything like her. (for one thing, my hair is blonde...)

But a funnier story...once I went to a party with my then boyfriend, now ex-husband. It was just a bunch of drunk old rednecks sitting around a fire and this man kept saying "you look like somebody famous." All night he kept saying that and I'd joke around and say, "who, Marilyn Monroe?" Finally he said, "I know....Barbara Streisand!" That was kind of embarassing...I thought he'd at least say someone cute & young since I was only about 17 at the time. That kind of hurt my ego just a little. Now I see that Barbara is pretty in her own way, but at the time I wanted to look like someone sexy and glamorous, I guess!

Denise
artist, designer, cat rescuer, farm girl
www.thecatspyjamas.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  08:14:44 AM  Show Profile
Ok, this is fun. For the last 20 years I have worn my hair short and I get the "you look like Jamie Lee Curtis" all the time. I think the only resemblence is the irregularity! LOL When I first had my hair cut short, my head was wrapped in the towel and my hairdresser says "you look like Mother Teresa!" Another time, when I was really skinny, 99 lbs., a friend said I looked like Karen Carpenter. I said, "I think she is dead" and he said "my point exactly!". Now with my short auburn hair I mostly hear that I look like Sharon Osborne. Thank goodness my Husband doesn't look like Ozzie!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
Go to Top of Page

dellsworth
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Deanna
Blue Ash Ohio
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  4:36:42 PM  Show Profile
I have never been told that I look like anybody famous. Instead I just have one of those very common familiar faces that makes me look like everybody. You would be amazed how often I am asked, "Do we know each other?" "Have we met before?" "Did you go to such-and-such school or work at such-and-such company?" 99% of the time the person asking is a total stranger that I have never met before. I have even had people sort of argue with me "I am sure I know you from somewhere, you look so familiar." I am also frequently told that I look just like somebody's relative, friend, co-worker, neighbor, friend, etc. It used to bother me, when I was younger, that I had such common and ordinary looks. But as I have gotten a little wiser I realize it is really a gift. People are almost always likening me to loved ones or people they at least like. And it is really nice that because people find me familiar they also find me approachable and comfortable. So here's to looking like nobody famous but almost everybody else.

Deanna
Farmgirl Sister #909
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Liza Minelli
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page