Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Fashion
 Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic
Page: of 5

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  07:44:18 AM  Show Profile
When I was in High school I was always mistaken for this girl named April. As life would have it my sister ended up being her friend and living as her roommate in another town. She said it kinda creeped her out because we looked so much alike and our actions were the same too. I finally did meet her one day and it kinda creeped me out too. It was like looking in a mirror.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  8:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Suzanne Somers. Which is cool because I have always LOVED Suzanne ever since she was Chrissy in Three's Company. I always wanted John Ritter for my boyfriend, LOL.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  04:49:04 AM  Show Profile
Just recently a friend of mine told me I look like Geena Davis. I wish!! lol

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  06:37:40 AM  Show Profile
A lot of people have told me I look like Sally Fields especially in Smokey and the Bandit.

Tina~Farmgirl #455
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  08:38:16 AM  Show Profile
I've been told that I look like Elizabeth Perkins, who was in "Big" with Tom Hanks. Also Melissa Gilbert as an adult. I think it's the similarities of the long face, freckles, and the hair (when I used to perm it).

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  2:31:50 PM  Show Profile
A lot of people say I look like Julia Roberts. I see it mostly by her profile, or when her hair is long and wavey.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  3:47:08 PM  Show Profile
Jessie - YOUR story made me laugh out loud!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Calico Countess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Christie
Bow Island Alberta
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  9:58:33 PM  Show Profile
I've been told either Kate Winslett, or Nicole Kidman. Personally, I think those people need to clean their eyeglasses or put them on, but it's very nice of them to say that anyway!

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful" ~ Mae West
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  08:37:53 AM  Show Profile
As a girl I was always told that I looked like the girl in "Different Strokes" who played the older sister to Willie and the young un who said "Whatchu talkin' bout?"--don't remember her name on the show or her real name!!!

And then, as I got older I was told sooooo many times that I looked like Melissa Gilbert...even as we both got older I could say that I really saw it too. We are about the same age and we've aged very similarly!

I think it is funny when people see in us things we don't see, but it's really cool when we can see it too!

I have a funny story...when I was 15 my father's work took us to Hitchcock, TX for a few months which was soooo exciting! We went from the country to a city where we could actually walk down to the local 7-11 whenever we wanted. One day, my younger (and not exactly favorite) brother came home from the 7-11 and said that he had "bumped" into a girl who was my spittin image! He was laughing but being very serious about it. He said it was creepy (as someone else said about their roommate and sister in an earlier post--that's what made me think about this story!). Anyway, I figured he was picking on me as always, but then, a few days later I was coming out of the 7-11 as she was going in and Oh MY GOODNESS! She DID look just like me...creeeeepy! BUT...she had tremendously BUCK teeth! They were soooo bad! That was why he was laughing when he told me about her. I don't have buck teeth but am very self conscious about my teeth so I was very embarrassed by seeing this girl and am now very grateful that I don't have teeth like that. Anyhow, it was creepy to see someone that I could honestly say, Yeah, she really looks like me....except for the teeth!

As a side note, before we left TX I decided to change my looks, so I went to a salon for a perm for my very long but straight hair. As I left the salon with my new curls there were two teenage boys loitering outside and as I passed, one of them said, "It didn't help." I imagine he was just looking for someone to pick on but as a young teen I was sooooo self conscious. I can say that the trip to TX was very humbling for me! And the perm turned out to be the very worst one I ever got in my life. Fortunately, middle age has given me natural curl (go wonder!) so I don't get perms anymore :)

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

mulegirl
True Blue Farmgirl

184 Posts

rosemary
cottonwood pass co
USA
184 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2009 :  1:24:23 PM  Show Profile
I don't get told I look like anyone famous but what I do get a lot is I look like so and so's friend's sister, or cousin or someone they knew in another city. So there must be some clones of me out there, because about once a month someone tells me this?!

Rosemary

smile, follow your heart and don't look back
http://web.mac.com/rosemaryart
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  07:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Rosemary-

LOVE the photo of you and your(?) horse! I take it that the photo was taken in CO since it looks as though that is where you live...gorgeous scenery!

Sorry...I know that is off the subject :)

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

CherryMeDarlin
True Blue Farmgirl

602 Posts

Cherry
Odenville AL
USA
602 Posts

Posted - May 01 2009 :  09:24:16 AM  Show Profile
This is much fun! Sherri's gonna have to share her award with you, Jessie! I've been told I look like Nicole Kidman, but the only similarity I can see is my height (I'm 5'8" and change) and I have an upturned nose. If only I had her figure, nevermind looking like her! My daughter, though, does look like Lauren Conrad from The Hills. And her name is Lauren, too!

~~Cherry~~

"A thing is as simple or as complicated as you make it." --TT Murphy
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 02 2009 :  9:13:23 PM  Show Profile
When I was younger and had longer hair I was told by lots of people I looked like Drew Barrymore and Debra Winger, I don't think they look alike lol Go figure.

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

"Courage is being scared to death... but saddling up anyway" ***John Wayne

http://main.acsevents.org/goto/iloveyoumom

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  4:30:37 PM  Show Profile
In the early 80's I swear everyone told me I looked like Lady Diana. I had the hair and dressed like her before she did. My sister looks more like her. When Diana got married on T.V. my two little girls pointed at the tv and said " Aunt Mare,Aunt Mare(Aunt Mary). Later and still today without fail I am told that I look like somebodies aunt, or a school teacher or nurse. I take it as a compliment. Not fancy, made up or skanky.

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 03 2009 :  4:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I am always getting Sarah Michelle Gellar....I saw it more when I was skinnier, but I'm still told it so I guess it fits. We have a weird nose and around the eyes/eyebrow....

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  12:21:34 PM  Show Profile
Another Geena Davis here, I actually get that a lot . . . usually people say "You look like Geena Davis in that baseball movie!" ( A Leaque of Their Own )

I don't really see it, but my husband agrees.

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - May 13 2009 :  4:52:28 PM  Show Profile
I'm pretty....average?? But my sister has been compared to Mandy Moore. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lilliesfarm
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Lillie
Jones OK
USA
43 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:45:24 AM  Show Profile
I'm always told that I look like Annette Funicello from the Mickey Mouse club.

God bless
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  11:52:57 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth McGovern. But I've heard I have a double in Toronto somewhere.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  11:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
People say I look like Stevie Nicks! Look ! http://www.stevietribute.com --- LOL!!!

~~~~
http://maggie.ecrater.com (My Online Store)
http://maggiemerch.blogspot.com (Store Blog)
http://www.myspace.com/hh_reiki (My Healing Website)
http://www.myspace.com/brookealyson (Come listen to my music!)
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  1:34:12 PM  Show Profile
Okay...you gals are much younger than I so now I just look like an old woman...BUT....when I was young people would stop me and say I looked like some actress that I don't remember the name of now but she was "back in the day" and she had contracted measles while she was pregnant and had a brain-damaged child from it and never got over it or acted again...but I'll be darned if I can remember what her name was now...see....I AM old! And once when I was young (back in the 60's) and got my hair cut everyone thougt I looked like Mia Farrow. Ha! I must not look like much though now though cuz I haven't had a "date" in years! LOL!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KansasCowgirrrl
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lisa
Linn Valley KS
USA
26 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Send KansasCowgirrrl a Yahoo! Message
I get told a lot that I look like Emily Procter who plays Calleigh Duquesne on CSI Miami. It's probably the long blond hair and southern drawl. When I was younger I was compared to Emmanuelle Béart. I need to learn how to post a picture I guess!

Cowgirrrl Lisa
A cowgirl is a woman with guts and a horse
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  11:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Sandra - She is buried here in Houston. She was in the movie "Laura" and her name was Gene Tierney .... She was beautiful! :D

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

thethriftycountrywoman
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Jane
Port Austin Michigan
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  1:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Wow Sandra it sure would be nice to be compared to Gene Tierney. I'm just grateful not to be compared to Roseanne or Rosie O'Donnell! My husband looks just like Teddy Roosevelt though!
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  06:03:47 AM  Show Profile
My godfather and cousins always said I look like Geena Davis. I dont see it, myself.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Who Famous Have You been Told You Look Like? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page