Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Healing yourself Next Topic  

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  09:02:34 AM  Show Profile
So to just give you an understanding where I am coming from, I am going to give you a brief explaination.

A year and a half ago my 55 year old mother was diagnosed with ALS (lou gerigs disease) and I had to stop my life and become her primary caregiver. I wanted to do this because we knew my mother was going to get worse quickly and I wanted to return as much love as she gave us.

However I am 35ish, with 2 little kids and in the beginning of making a farm business with my husband. Our lives are so busy. I found the more and more I cared for my family, and mom, the more my heart hurt. I thought I was going to have a heart attack (I am a little overwieght but not what you would think would have a heart attack)!

I even went to the ER thinking that my heart must be stuck. They assured me I was healthy and told me it must be anxiety. They quickly filled out a perscription and sent me home. This was not the right answer to me and I wanted to know why my heart hurt.

In January my mom passed and since I have been spending an enormous amount of time working on healing.

Ok so to get to the subject of this topic. I was exposed to two amazing books about how to heal. In "Heal your Body" I realized that the "Heart represents the center of love and security" and I need to say outloud to myself "my heart beats to the rhythm of love." Then there is "The anatomy of the spirit" that taught me that my heart is the bodies powerhouse for emotions. No wonder I am having such chest pain, I just lived through one of the hardest and most painful losses of my life.

#1 Heal your body, the mental causes for physical illness and the metaphysical way to overcome them. By Louise Hay www.hayhouse.com

This handbook is like nothing I had ever read. She takes certain illness's and attaches them to negative thought patterns, then giving you a healthier thought pattern. So it sounds bogus but it is crazy how it works. Here are two examples of the hundreds the book lists, try them out and see if it helps you.

Runny nose ~asking for help. Inner crying. I love and comfort myself in ways that are pleasing to me.

Stuffy nose ~not recognizing the self-worth I love and appreciate myself

#2 Anatomy of the Spirit, the seven stages of power and healing. By Caroline Myss, PH.D.

This book encompasses how we treat our spirit/souls effects our physical being. Wow! It is so full of info I am still processing. She not only teachs about this but wants everyone to learn how to do it for themselves. An extremely empowering wealth of knowledge.

Ok so I am starting this forum, asking if anyone else has experienced this sort of "New Age" healing and to ask how is it working for you?

Best,
Heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  6:27:30 PM  Show Profile
I believe there is a lot of validity in telling yourself positive thoughts--I have some guided imagery tapes that I sometimes listen to. But it only goes so far. I take meds. for depression and I know what happens when I stop taking them--and all the positive self-talk in the world won't bring me back to health. I guess it's all about balance--I try to balance what I know works best from Western medicine with natural remedies and I try to cultivate mindfulness (a Buddhist virtue) Being a Christian, i shy away from a lot of the New Age stuff--but I'm open to studying Eastern thought and religions. But I only study the established religions and not the New Age philosophy of some books. It has to have some sort of long-standing tradition behind it for me to take it seriously. I feel it really does depend on balance. And it helps a lot just to get outdoors on a beautiful day--the best medicine in the world.
Cindy
PS--I am glad you are healing. You've been through a lot emotionally and are taking good care of yourself.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  08:24:10 AM  Show Profile
That is what is so amazing about these women is that they are studying ancient energy medicines.
Thanks Cindy for you comments. They ring very true that one must balance between western and eastern beliefs. I just feel in my own life like Drs. don't help find the root to my illness but just how to pacify me. That is why I love these books, these women want us to study ourselves and change what is hurting us. Somethings we can't change, like my mothers illness or her need for me but I could pay attention to my own body and listen to the signals that might of gone ignored. With listening, I feel I am making the best decisions to take care of myself which is healing.
So just out of curiousity I looked up depression in "Heal your Body" by Louise Hay. She says...
"Depression Anger you feel you do not have a right to have. Hopelessness. I now go beyond other peoples fears and limitations. I create my life.
I am not saying quit your meds, I understand there is a time and place for meds. I just want the best for everyone and all of us to be healing not ailing. . .
Blessings,
Heide

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Polka Dot Apron
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Ahrisha
Beautiful Lancaster County PA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  09:35:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heide and all~ ~ ~This is such an interesting and timely topic. As you found Heide, there is an emotional cause of every disease or malady we find in the physical. Heal the emotional cause and the problem disappears. Science is confirming this now and I was as amazed 20 years ago when I first read Louise Hays book as you are now.
I had a serious problem years ago that lead me on this path. There is a time and a place for doctors but mine could not help me so I set off on my own to find what I told my doctor would be a "sane solution". This new path lead me to heal myself and to begin sharing this knowledge with other like-minded people. Sounds like you are one of them. I have been sharing for 12 years now and it has become a passion of mine. To learn more please visit my website and watch the 5 short videos there. Health & Happiness to you~ ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Stop by for a visit at:
http://joyouslylivinglife.blogspot.com
I have been a "Woman in Business from Home" for 12 years teaching folks how to live a more Natural life. Please visit my website: www.2FeelGood.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  10:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I just love this thread Heide, thanks for giving of yourself in this way....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2009 :  6:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Regarding energy healing--as I understand it, we only have so much energy and we when are constantly giving to others, it depletes our supply, so we must restore it. That's why i surround myself with color, plants, and animals in my house. I also like to create, everything from painting to poetry to crafts--it takes energy to make energy. I hope this makes sense. I know a priest who does Reike and I've thought of trying that but I'm not sure if there are very many practitioners around here (the priest I know is in a foreign country at present). i'm sure I could benefit from some form of energy healing but I want to be very careful about who I go to. I made an appt. once to have it done (not Reike, but a woman who claimed to see auras) and then I decided to cancel--it just seemed too quick and easy--and she about threw a snit. So I want to be super-duper careful if I try it again.
I know that Jesus used positive energy to heal, but most of the Christians I know consider it blasphemy to talk like that. That's why I study Eastern religions as well. I wish I could heal myself, but unfortunately, there are times when you definately need a doctor. It doesn't have to be a medical professional, but someone who has a good grasp of your illness. And it's true, most Western drs. just prescibe meds. that mask symptoms instead of curing them. But I think that's what a lot of people want (I work at a hospital) cause then they don't have to do the hard work of trying to heal themselves.
so I try to follow this advice from a fortune Cookie: The dr. cures, but nature makes well.
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  4:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Heide, I too lost a parent to ALS. I know that feeling in the heart. Louise Hayes made a big impact on me and was part of the support I surrounded myself with at that time. My husband and I were newly married and adopting our son. And now I find that same pain in my chest as i navigate with my elderly mom who needs my help but resents the very idea. Thanks for reminding me of Caroline Myss. I will find my copy tonight. I'll also add that homeopathy and Bach flower essences have been a backbone of our family!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

pamcook
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Pam
Chapel Hill NC
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  05:35:37 AM  Show Profile
I want someone to help me learn to care for my body to allow it to continue to repair and heal itself - but if I'm experiencing a trauma - get me to the best trauma center in the world. We obviously have to use a huge amount of common sense.
In regards to "new age" philosophies, I've found most of them to be variations of teachings from the Bible and other religions. We have access to so much information - we need to use a discerning eye (or heart or ear) or we can be led down a scary path!

Take care of yourself - allow yourself time to heal. Hugs & blessings.

www.ikat.org

Edited by - pamcook on Apr 03 2009 05:36:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  3:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I so want to learn reiki.......i believe in it.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  4:03:19 PM  Show Profile
I believe the practice of Reiki as energy medicine is very interesting. I think that if you like this thread you should check out another one I started in Hogs in Quiches; are you taking care of yourself?

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30565

*Dana I love the idea of you shouting to the moon and your vicarious neighbors applauding!
*Renee, you are the amazingly wonderful "WOW!" farm chick. Thank you for putting so much into making this forum such a comfortable place to hang out.

Blessings and light back at ya!

H

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Healing yourself Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page