Page: of 4

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  09:33:59 AM  Show Profile
I sure can Alee! I still have them out too!

here is yours!!

Triple Goddess: The Triple Goddess, the original trinity, symbolizes the three faces of the Great Goddess and is the earliest representation of her division into multiplicity. The goddess with three faces is a universal motif, found worldwide. The Triple Goddess is intimately associated with the changing phases of the moon; just as the moon transforms from one phase to another, the Great Goddess moves among her many roles. Her three faces are usually virgin, mother, and crone: virgin representing the strong, self defined goddess; mother representing the nurturing goddess as a source of all nourishment; and the crone representing the goddess of death and transformation. This symbolism embraces the role of the goddess in all phases of existence, from birth through death to rebirth. the Triple Goddess reminds us of our sacredness regardless of our age or function in life. She reminds us that despite her many forms there is one goddess, always present and always sacred.

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
Etsy:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  09:38:15 AM  Show Profile
WoW Tasha-Rose!
I knew it would be intense but as I read your reading, tears ran down my cheeks. This has been a really hard winter (I lost my mom to ALS) and I am really looking forward towards spring and the upcoming seasons. Maybe so I don't have to shine so bright and can rest letting the sun take over for a while.
Thanks
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  10:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Great! Thanks Tasha! That rings very true with me today! Thanks!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Tasha would you please draw one for me...for as many days as you'd like! I'm a lost/stressed out farmgirl right now! Somehow I've gotta come out of this!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  12:48:12 PM  Show Profile
Thank You Tasha! My card was right on. Can you please pull one for me on a daily bases. By the way I LOVE your blog spot lots of great links...

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2009 :  6:23:16 PM  Show Profile
Tasha - thank you so much. It all fits as I am Gemini. Can't wait for your Etsy store to be open again.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  08:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Alee- Gaia really likes you Alee!! Gaia existed before everything: she existed before time. Gaia, the eternal, prehistoric earth mother goddess, is fertility incarnate, moist, mysterious, strong. She is like energy itself; everything that lives, breathing or not, overflows with her life. She is the earth and all the powers of the earth. Gaia is not always a consoling goddess: standing for life and generation without thought of consequence, she had an energy and a power that must be approached carefully. All bodies eventually return to her, into the black, fertile earth, to be devoured and to receive her life to live again. As goddess of the soul, Gaia reminds us that we must ground ourselves in the reality of nature and incorporate all sides of ourselves, be they pleasant or unpleasant, light or dark.

Melissa- Demeter: Demeter is an ancient Greek Great Mother goddess, a goddess of life and death. The Greeks emphasised her role as goddess of the cultivated Earth, the giver of fruitfulness and abundance and provider of the gift of agriculture. She and her daughter, Persephone, called by the Greeks "the Goddesses", together represent the continuous cycle of life and death, the two phases of the vegetative power of the Earth. Demeter is remembered primarily for her great love for her daughter-when Persephone was abducted by Hades, Demeter's grief caused the whole Earth to go barren. Here we see Demeter ready to give birth, to produce life. Demeter offers a blessing of fruitfulness and possibility, of coming joy, of abundant life and of hope.

Tamara- Artemis: Artemis, the archaic mistress of animals, probably dates back to Paleolithic times. Her realm is the wilderness, and her concern extends to all wild untamed things. She presides over the hunt and is the goddess of hunters. Fiercely individualistic and independent, she remains apart from relationship to men. Despite her fierceness she is addressed as a healing and soothing goddess. Protector of births, she alleviates the suffering of women in childbirth. She is also responsible for the initiation of young girls. Artemis is a wonderful symbol of female independence. She reminds us of the value of solitude and the importance of wild, unprotected places. She shows us those frightening places that bring healing even through fear.

There really seems to be a dominant set of Goddesses who want to be heard among farmgirls!! I assure you there are more than just the Goddesses who've been drawn in my deck!! There are 48 cards total in the deck! I'm excited to see who comes out tomorrow!!

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
Etsy:

"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  08:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tasha! I really like Gaia too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2009 :  3:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Tasha...I'm not sure what to think about the goddess of life and death? I hope this is a good thing!!! I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Thank you so much for doing this!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

http://oldethymecountrybarn.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  07:06:09 AM  Show Profile
Alee- You got a duality card!! Isis and Osiris: In ancient Egypt Isis was among the oldest of the goddesses, the mother and giver of all life. A moon goddess, she gives birth to the sun, creates and sustains all life, and is the savior of all people. The teacher of agriculture, she is also the goddess of medicine and wisdom. Osiris was her brother and husband. when Osiris was murdered by his brother Set (where we get the term Sun Set, as Osiris was the Sun god) Isis searched for and found him, revived him, and conceived their son, Horus. when Set again took Osiris and scattered his body in fourteen pieces, Isis hunted down each piece, except for his reproductive organs, which she was unable to locate, in order to give each piece a proper burial. Isis is the universal goddess, representing total femininity. She can overcome death itself, yet she is not above grief: one of her tears, wept when Osiris was dying, caused the Nile river to flood. She underscores the depths of emotion that even a goddess must feel.

Melissa- Ix Chel: Ix Chel is the ancient Mayan moon goddess who reigned supreme throughout the Yucatan Peninsula in Souther Mexico and as far South as El Salvador for more than a millennium. She is also called the Queen, Our Mother, the white Lady, and the Goddess of Becoming. Although married to the sun, she is fiercely independent, allowing none to own her: she remains free to come and go as she chooses. As a fertility goddess, she makes women fruitful and send fertilizing rains to the earth. She is particularly honored as a patroness of childbirth and a healing goddess of medicine. Like many moon goddesses, she is the patroness of weaving. Ix Chel, like the waxing and waning moon, is comfortable with all sides of life. Her energy is midwife to our own creative ideas.

Tamara- Amphitrite: Amphitrite is the ancient Greek Triple Goddess in her guise as ruler of the sea. Her name, used synonymously with the ocean by Homer, means "the third one who encircles." A moon goddess, Amphitrite retained her individuality even under the later Greeks, who had her married to Poseidon. She has a special concern for the foaming waves. Just as Amphitrite can moderate the winds and the sea, we can learn to calm the waves of our inner storms.

Any other takers today? I'll leave my cards out for a little time yet this morning and check back. I am so enjoying reading for you ladies! Just fyi, I am bothered by some of the language of these cards. They were illustrated (beautifully) by a woman, but the text is all by a man, so incorrect vords get used from time to time, like "patroness". These are MATRONS not PATRONS. So I may change text from time to time if I catch it as the words fly from the keyboard to the screen...just so you are aware.:)

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
Etsy:

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  08:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Tasha,
are they still out (I am on west coast time. I had one of the strangest new moons yesterday and my anxiety is banging down my door. I would love it if you could give me some Goddess wisdom. Hope you are feeling better and remembering to take care yourself as well as you take care of everyone else around you.
Blessings,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Tasha! I love the goddess cards!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2009 :  09:18:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I feel like I am Morgan-Fey ...could u do mine to see if she is mine?
thanks..this is fun

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  11:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Tasha - WOW the cards are amazing - Artemis blew me away. I conisder myself a green or natural witch. I work with herbs and have been a midwife assistant. I find myself working more and more with young pregnant women looking for guidance through pregnancy and birth. Independant - you bet! Then you pulled Amphitrite! Calming the waves of the inner storm WOW. I seem to be the on member of my family calls on when their storms are out of control.

Where did you get the cards from. I would love a deck

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  11:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Okay. I need in on this. I've been MEAN lately...haha. Seriously. Only if you have the time and will. I'd love to know what goddess is calling to me.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  12:38:22 PM  Show Profile
I'll draw tomorrow. I needed to take a day today and not do any divination. It's a strange day fro me.

I'll draw again in the morning. I am so glad you are all enjoying this so much! I got the cards in a lot I bought out. I buy people's used ritual and spiritual items, cleanse them and re-sell them at Pagan festivals and other events. Just one of the things I like to do! It's a great deck and it just decided one day that it didn't feel like being sold just yet, had a little bit of wisdom for me and so I started drawing from it daily! It is a lovely deck. GORGEOUS illustrations!

So tomorrow our Goddesses speak. As for today I am going to get into my studio and get soemthing accomplished!

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
Etsy:

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  3:19:29 PM  Show Profile
it's good to have respite. Enjoy it!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  7:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
This all looks very interesting. If you have time in the next few days, could you chose a card for me? Thanks, Tasha.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2009 :  8:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tasha- since you are going to your studio, does that mean you are feeling better? I hope so!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  08:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Time for goddess cards!! There are some lovely draws today ladies! Again I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that you are all enjoying these cards so much!!

Melissa- Another goddess hanging around the bunch here: Amphitrite: Amphitrite is the ancient Greek Triple Goddess in her guise as ruler of the sea. Her name, used synonymously with the ocean by Homer, means "the third one who encircles." A moon goddess, Amphitrite retained her individuality even under the later Greeks, who had her married to Poseidon. She has a special concern for the foaming waves. Just as Amphitrite can moderate the winds and the sea, we can learn to calm the waves of our inner storms.

Alee- Lady of the Lake: As in many traditions in which a goddess bestows kingship, the Lady of the Lake, a mysterious Celtic goddess, gave King Arthur the sword Excalibur and thus established his right to be king. Before he died, Arthur restored the sword to her and it now remians with her beneath the waters of the deep. water, the source of all life, has long been the domain of the goddess. Lakes represent both the source of creative power and the land of the dead, life giving and death or renewal being the two main functions of the goddess. water indicates both the consciousness and revelation. The Lady of hte Lake is a guide to the mysterious realms of emotion and renewal, a source of immense creativity. She can give us the energy we need to rule our lives.

Tamara- ANOTHER goddess hanging around this group! Gaia: Gaia existed before everything: she existed before time. Gaia, the eternal, prehistoric earth mother goddess, is fertility incarnate, moist, mysterious, strong. She is like energy itself; everything that lives, breathing or not, overflows with her life. She is the earth and all the powers of the earth. Gaia is not always a consoling goddess: standing for life and generation without thought of consequence, she had an energy and a power that must be approached carefully. All bodies eventually return to her, into the black, fertile earth, to be devoured and to receive her life to live again. As goddess of the soul, Gaia reminds us that we must ground ourselves in the reality of nature and incorporate all sides of ourselves, be they pleasant or unpleasant, light or dark.

Heidi- Mary: Mary is most closely allied to the Middle Eastern moon goddesses; like them she is a creatrix goddess. Associated with both the heavens and the sea or other waters, she is worshiped by Catholics as the Moon of the Church and as "Stella Maris" the Star of the Sea. The moment of the annunciation is when she confronts the truth of her own great creativity, symbolized by Gabriel, the angel of truth, made from fire. This is the moment at which she accepts the imperative to create, the need to bring forth life from the very center of her being. Mary is the goddess as womb, as source of all life and of regeneration. She is the mother of mercy and infinite compassion, the one we turn to in times of need. She is a reminder that compassion toward oneself fosters creativity; she reminds us to be gentle with ourselves.

Linda- Kuan Yin: Kuan Yin, revered throughout Asia for thousands of years is the Chinese goddess of infinite mercy and compassion. Her name means "she Vho listens to the sounds [sufferings] of the world". In the Buddhist tradition, she is an aspect of Avalokitesvara, the bodhisattva who sprang from one of the Buddha's tears. She once took the form of Miao Shan, a woman who was spurned by her father for refusing to marry; later, Miao Shan sacrifices both arms and legs in order to heal her father. Her appeal is particularly widespread because she gives assistance in this world: she provides the earthly blessings of children, health and long life and rescues people from drowning, lightning, and poverty. She is particularly a protector of women. Kuan Yin is a symbol of the unlimited compassion each of us can have for ourselves. No matter what the situation, it is possible to treat ourselves with mercy and love.

Dawn- Again, another goddess lingering: Artemis: Artemis, the archaic mistress of animals, probably dates back to Paleolithic times. Her realm is the wilderness, and her concern extends to all wild untamed things. She presides over the hunt and is the goddess of hunters. Fiercely individualistic and independent, she remains apart from relationship to men. Despite her fierceness she is addressed as a healing and soothing goddess. Protector of births, she alleviates the suffering of women in childbirth. She is also responsible for the initiation of young girls. Artemis is a wonderful symbol of female independence. She reminds us of the value of solitude and the importance of wild, unprotected places. She shows us those frightening places that bring healing even through fear.

Karen- Pele: Pele is the fiery Hawaiian volcano goddess. The daughter of the earth goddess Haimea, Pele came to Hawai'i on a boat. Killed in a fight with her sister, the ocean, she took refuge in the glowing cauldron of Mount Kilauea, where she receives the souls of the dead and regenerates them with fire. In tempestuous relationship with Kamapua'a, the ferocious pig god, she is portrayed as a jealous goddess, her rages manifesting as volcanic eruptions. Revered by Hawaiians even today, she carries the force of the volcano, with its molten lava flow, which even in destruction creates new land. Pele stands for the molten, fierce aspect of life that is unable to do anything halfway. She reminds us that even in the midst of fiery eruption there is creation and new life.

I hope you all have a lovely day and that the Goddesses have blessed you with their wisdom!

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
Etsy:

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  08:51:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow. I never thought of myself in that way.... thank you. I will keep her close at heart!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  08:57:10 AM  Show Profile
Mee too Mee too! I could really use a goddess card , if you could include me? I think I need a female energy boost. Just once if you like?
Thanks =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  09:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Annika, I'll make sure to include you tomorrow, okay! I can pull as often as you like, so if you'd like daily, just let me know!!

Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
Etsy:

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2009 :  09:10:44 AM  Show Profile
Tasha,
I am so glad you are feeling better! I love these cards. I glean from everyones totem goddess. I find it sweet that Mary is included. She has always been one of my favorites! Would you be so kind as to pull a card for me daily? It is so insightful.
Thanks a spiritual TON,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA