Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  5:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I do scented candles as prayer and cleansing effect.

Linda in Scranton, PA

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!"

author unknown
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  11:56:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,
sorry I didn't check in yesterday; my brother and sister were here for the first time together since the day we buried our mother. As if that wasn't powerful enough, we all got the flu and we had four children and myself all vomiting all night long! Whatta full moon. Well, I am under the believe that we are now on the upswing from a very hard blow (and what better resource than attitude?)

Bury the ax. Has someone trespassed against you so severely that you are unable to ever find peace with them again? There is an ancient tribal tradition that would make the fighting parties (usually siblings) sit around a fire together, passing an ax, whoever held the ax got their turn to voice their upset, each getting a turn. When everyone had their chance to speak their peace they buried the ax (with all it's war energy) never to bring up the battle again.

Spiral. Do you feel like everything needs your management to run smoothly and do you have a hard time letting things happen without you? Go the entire day without an opinion or direction. Watch your day happen without your control. Agree with what is choosen and do not argue or allow yourself any rightious reaction. Let destiny fall where it lays.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2009 :  3:17:11 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, I could go for that...both 28 and 29....
healing!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  08:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Activate. Is there thoughts or fears that keep crowding your progress? Create a bill charging for how your time is spent, listing not only the physical chores but all the worries you spend you time trying to solve. Tally your varied charges for services and total a sum. After your finished finding the enormous balance, write "Paid in Full." and mail it to yourself.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2009 :  11:42:03 AM  Show Profile
That turned into a pretty big "bill" pretty darn quick!! My time is spent way busy right now and truthfully I'd love a real "guilt free" day off. Hope everyone has a good day "clearing off their balances"....

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  09:44:28 AM  Show Profile
Be well. Do you ever feel like a wash machine on the fast spin cycle all out of whack; the loss of balance banging and bumping against the walls threatening to break the pipes? Sometimes we have to stop everything, pull everything out and reorganize how things are going to be done before we break. A wise friend once told me, in moments like this, hold still and bring everything essential close to regain composure. Let all the dirty details and muddy water settle before joining the cycle again.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2009 :  11:49:38 AM  Show Profile
Heide that is very good advice and exactly what I have been doing the past couple of days. It's so easy to get over extended in the energy department until you feel like you are being fragmented. Each of the fragments cannot give a "whole person" to anything. So yesterday and today are about re-gathering the fragments back into the center of the whole. Sometimes it is enough just to breathe.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  08:18:56 AM  Show Profile
En*Trance. Have you ever had an animal that you haven't seen ever (or in a long time) appear to make it's presence known to you? We have farmed here for years and never seen a snake. This week we have seen several, they slither lost, like in a stupor. I decided that they must be our latest totem. To my surprise the snake may symbolize rebirth, or the need to shed the outgrown for a new layer. The snake is known to go into a trance like state before outgrowing and shedding it's current skin. Boy can I relate!
Take the day to contemplate and incantate the changes you are ready to enchant.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  08:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Funny you should mention the snake. I saw my first snake in my flower garden last week and I've been here almost 30 years and have only seen this one. It slithered out from behind my shrine and then just sat there looking at me for a long time. It truly is a time of change just look at the weather changes, the plant changes etc. I can relate as well.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  09:29:11 AM  Show Profile
Request. Are you so caught up in the rhythm of life that you don't stand back and see how others can assist and nurture you? Life was not intended to be lived alone; others can contribute and share in your happiness and sadness in countless ways. Today ask at least 3 people to aid in supporting your sustainability. Also offer and suggest to at least 3 people how you could volunteer your services to aid them.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  4:57:24 PM  Show Profile
One thing I know for sure - ask and it shall be given to you. It may not be instant but it will come. How does anyone know what you need if you don't tell them? Most people assume others know what's going on inside their head and then get all hurt when certain things don't happen. No one knows what is in your head if you don't tell them! Speak up, reach out. That's how we rebuild our broken world. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we are all in this together.

Blessings,

Sheri

Edited by - Sheep Mom 2 on Jun 12 2009 4:59:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2009 :  9:38:41 PM  Show Profile
OK, I'd like to ask someone to help me sustain my faith (whatever that means) as a friend of mine was killed several weeks ago and my neighbor just lost her husband of over fifty years. I haven't been able to talk much about my friend who died--I wrote about it on my blog but it still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. My neighbor has no living relatives left now, though her husband's family has told her that they will always be her family. I like to believe that the Creator provides, but it seems that some pain can never be assuaged. And though you know the departed are in a better place, you still wonder how anything good or worthwhile can come from losing them. I guess I want some answers, which are not forthcoming. Or maybe I just need some farmgirl hugs. Sorry if this sounds depressing, but I just don't understand Life's currents sometimes.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  05:41:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow Cindy, I am so sorry. Death is such a powerful force. In the last monthes of my mom's illness, I had what I call, Death anxiety. I freaked out when I was seperated from my family, I had horrible dreams and overall I felt, Faithless. Or rather Foggy. I think when someone dies young or prematurely (according to us) we ask, "Why?" Which no one can ever answer. For myself, I appreciate Carolynn Myss's belief that before we are born our creator gives us tasks (or a spiritual contract) and after we fullfill our obligations to the Divine we are called back. Hence the saying "the good die young."

Now for me, I am presently getting ready to go to the farmers market and was going to say something silly for todays to do, like moon someone. But now that I awoke to your message I think it is currently inappropriate. SO as a strong believer in staying present in the now and not to get all consumed in the past or future, this one is for you. . .(written as one huge FarmGirl hug).

Retrieve. Have you lost someone or part of yourself that feels like it will be gone forever? Dig deep within yourself and remember as many details as you can. Begin a journal titled after whom (sometimes it can be yourself) you lost and fill the pages with words and photos (cut out pictures in magazines) of your favorite memories and of all the things you wanted to share and did not have the chance. After or even while constructing the book, look around your surroundings and notice how "this" repeats and reappears. Find the details of that entity coming to you in your environment, know you are not alone and that which is missing doesn't have to be gone to eternity. The universe is all here, now complete and we all are a part of it (like it or not, it is up to us if we are going to be nice about it).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  09:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps I have a different spin on death than some. In 1989 I lost my father to cancer, 8 months later I lost my husband in a horrible accident. Five years later I lost my mother and three years ago my brother died unexpectedly of liver cancer (5 days from diagnosis to death and he would not allow them to tell me after what I'd been through with dad and mom as the care giver). So basically - other than my kids, I have lost my whole immediate family. My uncle just died a few months ago and he was the last close member left. I have to say here that grief is the worst pain that we experience in this reality. On the other hand, if we truly believe in our own philosophies - ie Heaven or an afterlife, then we are grieving for ourselves. We are grieving for our own illusion that we are alone. Our loved ones pass from our site but they are still with us all the time. To explain how I know this without a doubt would truly be a lengthy tome - it did not change the course of my own grief but the knowing is a certainty with me. You know the old commercial where the kid says "I see dead people"? Well I don't see them, I hear them. Not just my family either. You can say I'm a nut or that I am possessed as some have tried to claim but I have long outgrown the worry of being "burned at the stake" in this lifetime. It is not something I can control like a parlor game or Medium on TV. Just suffice it to say that I know without a shadow of a doubt that the "dead" are not dead at all, just transformed. I have never admitted this in such a public way before but have decided to live my truth without the "sin" of omission. The death always makes sense - the person did their job and then went home. The manner of their death is often to teach lessons to those around them or is part of their final lesson here. We should be rejoicing for them for they are beyond the limitation of polarity and separateness and physical pain. We can mourn for ourselves, but should have joy for they have truly come home. I don't know if this is at all comforting or not. I hope it will help you to see that you are never alone.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  10:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sheri, You are so awesome to share your honest truth.
Just a few days ago an aquaintence of mine sitting in an informal group of friends said the he hears voices of people who are gone all the time. He said he doesn't worry about what others think and he also knows that he can "go" anytime he wants. He is older...I'd guess in his 70s and someday I will ask him more...but I got the feeling that he was talking about what you experience.
I have seen visions of the future....things literaly change before my eyes to what they will be like....and I figured out what it meant. Within a few weeks that part of my house changed...I won't go into detail here yet...but it was as real as anything to me and it was truthful.
Say some prayers and send me some good vibes today...I am very sad. I was taken directly from my physcial therapy to the ER yesterday. I got dizzy, room started spinning and then vision got blurry...I asked therapist to take my blood pressure and it was very high....she had me rest sitting without moving for several minutes and after almost 2 hours it didn't go down. It was about 200/100 She kept calling my Dr..who didn't respond or call back at all...to me that meant Dr was not concerned (a big resentment)
Anyway at the ER it didn't go down until I was given more meds...then when out of the danger of stroke or heart attack, I was allowed to go home with a new added script.
I got a ride home...but he was a person who has asked me to call other people and not depend on him so much for things.
I feel like I am too alone today and that nobody cares...very depressed. This wanting to cry is not going away....I'm just going back to bed and have a good cry.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2009 :  8:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Linda--please don't feel alone! Hospital ER's are cold and impersonal places--honestly, a trip to the ER is enough to make anyone want to cry. As for your doctor not responding--I don't know about your doctor, but my doctor's secretaries screen all his calls. It's possible that he didn't get the messages. I hope you're feeling better now--<<<hugs>>>>
Heide--thank you for suggesting starting a journal to remember--I have letters and e-mails and some newspaper articles--I think tomorrow I'll look for a blank journal and start constructing a memoir.
Sheri--I too have "heard" the voice of my friend who died--not audibly but as a thought when I've asked his spirit a question. I know that the deceased haven't really died but are just transformed--still, it's hard to accept his death. I've been listening a lot to the song "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay as it seems so uplifting and a celebration of life. And life should be a celebration--I think my friend would have wanted it that way. It's just that when I'm stuck in these valleys--it's hard to imagine that I'll ever get up the next hill. But what would life's peaks be if we didn't go through the valleys? Thank you all for sharing your perceptions and moral support. I do feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who "hears" those who have died. I guess I'm really a lot closer to my Cherokee ancestors (and there are a few in my family tree) than I realized.
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2009 :  10:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Save yourself. What is it you need to be rich and whole? There are very few requirements of what is necessary to survive, it is a simple fomula, yet each individual has a unique recipe. So much of our time is spent on what is missing that we do not even see what is within us. Focus and write a list of the ingrediants of your life, starting with what you would actually die without down to what really makes your life more fulfilling.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  09:02:51 AM  Show Profile
Adapt. How many times in your life have events taken a turn for the unexpected? We all live in this illusion of schedules and plans for some sort of feeling of control, only to be reminded that there is no true preperation for our future. Do something today that you never thought you would do, maybe something you are afraid of because of a previous experience or perhaps something that has never gotten your attention. It can be as easy as trying new food, reading a random book or listening to a different radio station.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  06:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Brew? Do you expect what you eat and drink to heal and rejuvinate your body, mind and spirit? There are so many herbs that when used have healing properties your body responds to. One of my favorite things is to brew sun tea ~put your favorite teas( mine are, mint, chamomile, and raspberry leaf) in a jar and set them out in the sun all day. In the evening pour over ice, add some squeezed lemon and lots of honey and you have a herbal iced lemonade. Also if you have a sun burn or a rash you can add oatmeal to your sun tea jar and cook it also in the heat of the sun, then in the evening spread the oats all over your ailing skin. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  07:33:58 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday the "imagination bug" caught me as I was cutting the suckers off my maple tree. I began looking at the saplings and then tested them for flexibility. I have always wanted an arch above my flower garden gate so I got excited with their flexibility. I ran over and cut some willow branches to add to them and then stripped all the leaves, twisted them together, tied them with twine in various spots to hold the whole thing together then hoisted the whole thing up along side the fence posts on each side of the gate. With my dog staring at me as if I was totally insane, I lashed the branches to first one post and then the other. A perfect arch over my gate. It cost nothing but my time and my vision and it made a long time "wish" come true. It stayed up there thru a big thunderstorm with lots of wind so I guess my lashing job was pretty good after all. The best part? I didn't have to haul those branches to the burn pile in the rain....and it proves the value of flexibility!

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2009 :  5:37:30 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, that sounds wonderful. I would love to see it, one day. . .

Rejoice. How many times do you say "thank you" a day out of habit and how many times do you go out of you way to let people know your true graditude? Often we take each other and thoughtful actions for granted. There is no such thing as being too apprieciative. Today thank someone for letting you give them a gift.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  09:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Naos. Where is your place of shelter, is it within you or is it a place you have to go? Create an outdoor offering of flowers and special stones. Place them under this powerful Solstice light to remind, reflect and symbolize the security that illuminates the darkest parts of all of us (when we choose to shine).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2009 :  09:29:05 AM  Show Profile
It always amazes me how "in sync" we tend to be!! The "thank you" post of yesterday is something I told several people yesterday with heartfelt gratitude. Sometimes your posts - (esp the late in the day ones) reflect my day.

I believe that our true shelter is within ourselves but to give offerings is a way of directing energies into the field of intention. By making our thoughts and wishes manifest even symbolically into the physical planes gives them a lot of power. Be careful and mindful of having a pure and peaceful heart when doing such an activity - center yourself first and then make your offering with a full heart. (In other words - be careful what you ask for for you will get it)

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  12:55:45 PM  Show Profile
#17 Pick a bouquet. Do you have flowers blooming? Go outside and gather the beauty and bring it indoors.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  2:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Dear Heide, have i said thank you lately for all the lovely things you post. thank you for the time and effort you put into this thread, and the inspiration you give. going in the am to pick some daisies off the road side for my solstice celebration table.
your little ones are just lovely. did you make those beautiful dresses??? Hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page