Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  11:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Luxuriate. Do you spoil your senses, being selfish and relish in the joys of life? Consider that your senses center all in your head; seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling (who doesn't like to have a head rub)and knowing. Give the best you have to offer to every sense today. Feast your eyes on the most beautiful rose. Smell the most delicious pie coming out of the oven. Taste the juiciest berries you can find. Hear your favorite music, loudly, while singing along, feel yourself dancing, know you are loved.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 29 2009 :  11:36:00 AM  Show Profile
There is nothing better in the whole world to me as a really hot scented bath after a day digging in the dirt. Exhausted, I slither down in the water, close my eyes and inhale the sweet scent. It's like my whole being sighs. It's the most wonderful reward for a job well done. Afterward I slather on heated lotion in the same scent. My daughter bless her (decadent) heart got me a lotion dispenser that heats the lotion - now that's my idea of true luxury! My dog lays by the shower staring at me like I am crazy as I relax in that sweet water. If he only knew what he was missing.....

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  05:01:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning friends! I am up and off to the Farmers Market with a truck full of Yummies right out our garden. My husband has been up for hours cutting and washing greens.
Cool off. Is there a situation or person that has you so hot you can not talk about it with out getting totally upset and fustrated?
It is very unhealthy to ignore ones feelings and all feelings need to be honored. When we don't react and bottle our emotions we tend to take them out on innocent people sometimes years later. There is no need to pop your top and give yourself a heart attack. Sit in the shade and watch the breeze blow by and imagine giving the wind your dispute. Reflect inwards to why this bothers you; is it this present situation or from one in the past? Release your angst by moaning deep from within when you exhale and then let peace fill it's space when you inhale.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  07:38:22 AM  Show Profile
Everyone thinks the "past" is etched in granite because it's past. To resolve old issues you can relive the past and change the outcome. How can you change the past? Change the memory, re-program your brain. After you have cooled off - go back into the incident and imagine it having the outcome you wanted it to have. Visualize yourself saying what you wanted to say and didn't or imagine the incident having a peaceful resolution. Isn't that a little like writing fiction you may ask? Well, linear time is mans creation not necessarily how the universe really works. You see if you "Change your mind" you can change your life. Just try it. It may take a few times but eventually you can rid yourself of your past "Mud". Sometimes it takes "forgiving" yourself as much as the other person. Once resolved, let it go and smile to yourself because you have a "new secret weapon" to rid yourself of old hurts.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  08:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, Sheri...that makes sense. I like the way you explain it.

I have been studying about resentment and attitude. By actually being willing to change my perspective of an event in the past or however I need to change my thinking to stop anger or release resentment.
There is energy to work for change but done with love rather than anger.

Louise Haye said one time in a seminar that the answer to everything is forgiveness...of others and ourselves.

Sometimes I hear things like "there is no such thing as past or future...everything actually is only NOW",

also I heard that the only reason God invented time was so that humans didn't feel like everything happens all at once".

I also read that time is the way we have decided to enjoy things or suffer things in seperate pieces.

This deep thinking is truly a wonderful meditation.

-----breathing deeply.........letting go of negative thoughts.....of any thoughts......meditation........opening up a channel so my Higher Power can use me for good and for love....

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  09:03:36 AM  Show Profile
Linda it's all about perception. We humans only perceive one layer of time at a time. I believe that the past, present, and future are all happening simultaneously - kind of like the layers in an onion or the rings on a tree. We only experience one layer at a "time". Our "past lives" aren't really past it's all happening right now. The earth school is here to break things down and slow them down so we can experience them fully. My favorite comparison is to an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation where Captain Picard lives a whole lifetime, marries, has children, ages and dies all in a span of 5 minutes to his crew. To him he lived and loved a whole life and he cannot make them understand it. The only "proof" that he has is that he learned to play a flute in that lifetime and retained the love and ability of the instrument. I think things like child prodigies or talents we just seem to have easily - those stay with us like Picard and the flute. The whole idea of it just fascinates me. I truly believe that we can create our own reality by how we choose our perceptions. You see it all the time in synchronysity (sp?) or dejavu it all just seems to fall magically into place.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 31 2009 :  1:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhh ladies this is such an interesting subject, the eternal study of time. Today's "todo" is inspired by Einstein and his popular theory of Relativity.

Relate. Did you know that no two people share the same instinct of measuring time? There was an experiment of taking people and putting them in different rooms. They were told to come out after what felt to be 10 minutes and no two people came out at the same time. The world operates on many routines and needs to adapt within a very tight schedule, a synchronicity of a massive unknown scale. Go the entire day without wearing a watch or checking a clock, keep your actions all in "real time".

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  08:35:48 AM  Show Profile

Think BIG. Is there a dream you have that seems too grandiose for you to materialize? Write down what it is, what you need and who can help you. If you don't know the people or have the materials that you need, keep a list so when the assistance arrives you can delegate. Don't limit yourself because of your current resources might be lacking, know that when something is supposed to happen those final details are provided.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  06:55:41 AM  Show Profile
Heide-
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the reminder :D

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

Don't die with your music in you ... not no way not no how!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:10:49 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to say that yesterday turned out to be a "receive big" day for me. My friend gifted me a hoop greenhouse. A 40 ft. hoop green house that she no longer needs as she retired from her horticultural business. I knew she wanted to sell it but I didn't have the money so I just let it go. Yesterday I was there picking up some plants she had started for me and out of the blue she just says that I can have the greenhouse I just have to take it down. Around here we have fickle weather in the spring and late summer/fall that entails lots of plastic and covering things esp. tender tomatoes which by myself is difficult. Having that greenhouse will solve that dilemma and help my tender crops immensely but I never could come up with the several thousand dollars to purchase one. So yes, think big. Sooner or later the answer is yes.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:20:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh, that is wonderful Sheri. I am glad the universe has thanked you for your wisdom and acts of random kindness. I thank you and send blessing to your new greenhouse .... abundance :D

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  08:59:16 AM  Show Profile
Right on Sheri! Your going to love the greenhouse. We have one that is simliar and for an experiment we dug it down 4 feet below ground level, trying to keep it from freezing. We have used it 3 years and don't heat it. It is amazing how much heat they keep overnight, although we do get a lot of sunshine, even in the winter.
I wish you the best and look forward to hearing more about it.

Germinate. Sometimes do you feel like a seed flung into the wrong soil? Know that not all soil can bear all things but our creator ultimately wants us all to grow into luscious fruit. The universe currently is pollinating ideas all across the globe on micro and macro levels. Rather than hold your petals tight, bloom and let what ideas come to you, settle. Share your nectar with the bees and wait to see what you are left with.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  12:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sheri! I am so happy for you!!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  12:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Linda I e-mailed you this morning did your receive it? I seem to be having problems sending e-mail thru the connection site. If you didn't please e-mail me and I will e-mail you back.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  1:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I got the email and just answered you.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  04:57:25 AM  Show Profile
Donate. When is the last time you cleaned out your pantry and took everything that has been in there over a month to the local food bank? The MJ Mavens are starting a FarmGirl Challenge, asking us all to give as much canned and fresh food from our gardens to the local food bank, seniors center and shelters. I know you want to win. Weigh what you have and let us know who your giving it to (we are all curious) and post it here.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32567

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  3:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Heide, thank you so much for the daily reminders of our blessings and potential, and that all things are possible. hugs Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  4:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
What a good idea! I am one of those low-income senior people that get food...but I do give also once in a while.... :-) I believe the old saying "what goes around comes around" we never know when we will need the same thing that we are giving to others now....and if not the same thing then the Universe brings us what we need in another form. I think it's how ALL of life works
...in church a quote goes "you can't out-give God"

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

(The Junk Gypsy)

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jun 03 2009 4:04:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  07:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I saw your topic on Family Matters
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=32571
and read of some of your struggles. I am worried for you and your family but was so relieved to see DeereDawn and everyone's responses. You are brave enough to reach out, ask for help and grasp what is being offered. I really hope that your families struggles ease and you all reach some balance. So in honor of all that you have done and have yet to do, I dedicate today to you.

Unfold. Are you afraid of someone seeing your laundry undone, one of those ladies whose house is so tidy it looks like there has never been a mess? We all have struggles, shame and dirty laundry. There are cities and towns all over our "free" nation that outlaw hanging your clothes out to dry because it looks "Ghetto". There is so much energy spent in perpetually worrying about what others will think and that we might be rejected for showing our stains. Take your wash outside and hang it up to dry. Let the wind and sun purify your now washed out faults, giving all your fabrics a fresh breeze smell.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  3:55:36 PM  Show Profile
Heidi I second that - amen. Linda I hope your day is a great one. There isn't a single one of us that hasn't been in overwhelm at one time or another. I know in my heart that you will make it just fine. I keep trying to send you positive energy.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  4:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love using a clothesline. It's been raining lately but when it's not I hang mine out to! There is a fresh clean smell that is wonderful, don't ya think? I rigged up my clothesline from the side of the building to a back porch post. I don't use satelite any longer but it works for one side of the clothesline tie out.
LOL

I am still sick alot but taking life one day at a time.

Linda in Scranton, PA

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!"

author unknown

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jun 05 2009 04:32:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  8:37:22 PM  Show Profile
AAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Such freedom :D

Be Positive !!!!!!!

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  09:39:09 AM  Show Profile
Snap! Do you remember learning the difference between farm food and factory food? I was driving with my 5 year old daughter yesterday and she said to me, "Look mom a cow factory!" pointing to the dairy farm we were passing. I thought about how insightful that statement truely is. *Now I would worry about offending my fellow farmgirl but I really believe Farmgirls don't farm like this; "Factory Farms" are the "huge corperate farms" I would only assume are ran by men. With all this GMO seed to feed these HUGE lots of cattle, not entirely a fool proof system (cows standing in 1000's of other cows feces). Today in honor of all the "small scale" farmers (who together have fed the world thus far) eat only the food you know who grew it. If you live in an area where there are few farmers, you are not alone and perhaps will consider to fast for the day.

Locally grown food is essential for healthy people, plant some today.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  2:16:05 PM  Show Profile
Smudge. Do you ever burn sweet smelling herbs in purification rituals or ceremonies? Wild craft White Sage, Ceder, Sweet Grass or Mugwort and dry it for incense. Cleanse your insenate surroundings with smoke that carries your troubles away.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2009 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile
I really like smudging my home - especially after a large gathering or when I have done a deep clean. I am lucky to have a friend that winters in the desert who makes white sage smudge sticks for me each year. If you are interested in different kinds of clearing ceremonies & rituals, check out the book Sacred Spaces by Denise Linn. She also wrote an excellent book on building alters as well.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page