Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  3:16:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you sooooooooo much for this thread. I don't know how I've managed to miss it for months !!!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2009 :  4:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Heide it has been a great joy to get to know you on these pages and thru your other postings. This thread has been a gift for it has allowed me a place to really stand in my truth and not worry about others reactions to what I may say. I am certain some don't always agree but I can see that I have grown enough to finally embrace who I am without worrying overmuch how others may see me. Although when I was young I was very outspoken, somehow I had lost that part of myself. Your friendship and your inspirations have allowed me to find that peace (and piece) of myself again. We are all the teachers and the students simultaneously - that's what makes the earth school dance so awesome. Each one of us has an opportunity every day to educate, uplift, support and encourage each and everyone we meet - friend or stranger. The choice is whether or not to step up or whether we keep our blinders on and live in our own cocoon and "don't see the forest for the trees" which in all the running arounding we all do is often what happens. We are all in this together, the like-minded and the not so like-minded alike. But one positive, loving thought, word or deed puts a ripple effect out there that continues on exponentially. Happy Summer solstice everyone ---only good ripples for all.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2009 :  04:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Happy Summer Solstice! When is the last time you have been up before the sun and to bed way after it sets? Today is the longest day of the year (and the day we go to the Farmers market) so lucky for me it is going to be one loooooooonnnnnngggg day. Whatta sky. Today I will wear flowers in my hair, dance under the Holiday lites beside the bon fire and I will be sure to light a candle while praying for peace everywhere. May the force of the light be with us all. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2009 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Whipped. When is the last time you whipped your cream adding vanilla and sugar? We have yet to find a better way to say Happy Father's day than with home whipped cream; we use it in a fresh fruit salad (Breakfast), then in a bananna and vanilla wafer puddin' (for lunch) and then fresh picked strawberries on angel food cake, topped with heaping serving of whipped cream (for dinner). . . Delish!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2009 :  09:51:18 AM  Show Profile
Absturseness. How much of your time is spent trying to figure things out? Stop asking how. Sometimes life gets so fast that the cause and effect seem to make instant action. We get so caught up in the details and asking why, we loose energy that could be used elsewhere. Take a day of time-out and not solve anything, simply breath deep and remind yourself that all is well and works out in the end.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2009 :  07:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Hello friends,
We are less than two weeks from July 4th Farm Fair '09. Then I am taking a break from bossing y'all and myself around. Can you believe we have been working on ourselves for monthes now? It sure is a lotta work healing. I wanted to thank everyone who holla's out to me; thanks for reading and playing along. I wanna thank y'all who didn't shout out but read anyhow; it is fun to know your out there. . . as you let me know you are. So in the spirit of trudging on with a shovel in one hand and a song in the other. . .

Frolickin'. Do you give yourself permission to have a good time and enjoy yourself when doing the most arduous and taxing tasks? I know that there are times in life that suck but those are the times we need to buck up and be most present (and pleasant). It is those times we can transform from and peacefully revolt against through laughter and song. In the realization that there is no stopping our deaths, imagine your own end and watch how your soul plays; are you serious and afraid, or happy and joking. . .Hospice once told me that you "die the way you lived." So you better start taking yourself less seriously and having more fun.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  05:31:40 AM  Show Profile
Remember. When you are worn out and tired do you slow down and regroup, taking time to recall events that occured in your life? Our bodies often show symptoms of when our lives get out of control and manifest in "not so good feelings" even if we hurry past our present into our future. Dilute yourself with water and notice how the fire in your body responds. Listen to what the symptoms are telling you and take time to exersize your memory while resting yourself.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  05:58:34 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Heide, I am confused...perhaps I need more explanation but I don't understand this one.

Linda in Scranton, PA

The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2009 :  08:12:58 AM  Show Profile
I believe that our "symptoms" that manifest in the physical, mirror what is up and will tell us where to search our memory to find release. The longer those memories go unresolved, the more intense the manifestation of the physical symptoms. Physical symptoms are the way our spirits try to get our attention - that we need to work on a particular issue. The brain processes memory exactly as if the event is occuring in the present(chemically) - it doesn't differentiate between experience and memory. When we hold on to stuff and keep reliving it over and over or try to stuff it down it has to be chemically expressed by the body. When it is finally released, then the chemicals are no longer being released. If you've ever watched the movie "What the "bleep" do we know or Down the Rabbit Hole" it explains how this takes place. I am not sure that is what Heide meant, but that is how I understood it. The water is to flush out the system and rid oneself of all the chemicals stress releases.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  3:09:21 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Sheri that is what I'm talkin' 'bout. That movie "What the Bleep" is something to see. It changes how one see's from then on.
In response to such a great film, I dedicate today's to do. . .

Blinded. Do you see the quailities in yourself that others find in you? It is impossible to see potential in the physical world if we can not imagine it first. Sit in a cool dark place (preferably out under the night sky) and vision the qualities you share with the Divine. Give yourself accolades for the kindness, graciousness (and other similiar traits) you bestow on others.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2009 :  4:19:30 PM  Show Profile
True sight is to see that there is no such thing as separate. We perceive ourselves as separate from one another when in fact we are not. Everything - rock, tree, blade of grass, grain of sand and Us, all emit a vibratory energy. Once we can really know this then we know that we are synonymous with the all. As such, we are limitless and live in the field of pure potentiality. To not acknowledge ourselves - the yin and yang of our existence - is to negate that connection to the all. It is far easier for most of us to examine the "bad" parts of our lives and dwell on our "mistakes" rather than revel in our successes, acknowledge our own goodness and by doing that find the balance we seek. For in this world of polarity, there must be balance for us to be healthy, vibrant, growing individuals. It is good to review and learn from our mistakes - that is why we have them but we have been trained that it is conceited to acknowledge our gifts, to feel good about the good in us. Remember in the ancient Aramaic, the word God and the word good were spelled exactly the same Gd. Nothing is ever too God to be true.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  10:49:48 AM  Show Profile
Well my friends,
there was an odd hiatus of sorts with the universe, me and this web page. For whatever reasons I was unable to post for the last couple of days and I missed you!
Here is 3 exercises to catch up. . .

Explode. Have you ever had to abort one of your life dreams? There are physical repercussions for every action we take. Sometimes when life has other paths for us than the one we are on, it is difficult and painful to change courses. Imagine that nothing matters and everything counts. Humble yourself by realizing that there are billions of people just like you trying to survive. Trust the Divine that you are excactly where you need to be and are a perfect detonation.

Predecess. Have you ever made or worked on a family tree? Recounting our foremothers and their life stories helps insure history doesn't repeat some things and keeps good traditions going. My daughters and I made the most interesting tribute to our heritage together. We gathered flowers, feathers, nuts, seeds, leaves, rocks and bark, then taped each piece to represent each member of our family. Not only were my children so proud of their work but they are reminded that they are a unique important part of this world just like their andsisters.

Womanize. Do you ever find yourself comparing yourself to other woman and wishing you were smarter, more beautiful or younger etc?
Image is an epidemic in almost all cultures of the world and women are subjects of this disillusion. In honor of Sojourner Truth, honor your woman-self and all your strengths.

"That man over there says that women need to be helped into carriages, and lifted over ditches, and to have the best place everywhere. Nobody ever helps me into carriages, or over mud-puddles, or gives me any best place! And ain't I a woman? Look at me! Look at my arm! I have ploughed and planted, and gathered into barns, and no man could head me! And ain't I a woman? I could work as much and eat as much as a man - when I could get it - and bear the lash as well! And ain't I a woman? I have borne thirteen children, and seen most all sold off to slavery, and when I cried out with my mother's grief, none but Jesus heard me! And ain't I a woman?" ~Sojourner Truth 1851

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2009 :  11:40:06 AM  Show Profile
I was at a graduation party yesterday with all shapes of women and there wasn't one among them that loved themselves as they are. Every one complained about their "imperfections" - round bellies after giving birth to several children, not so perky breasts after having fed several children, and on and on. I realized how little we value what is important - how much we care about each other and how much joy and support we give to those around us. Instead we dwell on supposid imperfections in the superficial. Here is to Sojourner Truth and all of us who need to un-learn the messages the spell casters on Madison ave have blanketed us with.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Wholeness. Do you feel a part of a tribe? Imagine being a chief in a imaginary village, dressed in ceremonial garb and a red feather pointin of the top of your head. Then prepare what you are going to wear for the day and see how each item represents an item in your fantasy wardrobe. Be sure to charm and adorn yourself honoring the choices that are presented to you and how you live them out.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  09:21:01 AM  Show Profile
I am a member of a tribe called the "human beings". Not the "human doings". I am not what I do. I am not how I look. I just am. On the days I am "in tune" with myself and the universe, everything I do becomes a motion of love. When I am over worked and out of cinque and disconnected from even myself, then I cannot find my center and feel separate from that "beingness". I love the idea, Heide of being conscious of honoring each choice we adorn ourselves with. How much we think of ourselves as our center is reflected in those choices. On the days I am thinking more of the "doing" than the "being" I tend to just throw on whatever and hit the ground running. But that doesn't leave room for finding the center from which to base all of my tasks. Find the center first, and the doing flows with a blissful experience of centeredness instead of fragmentation.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  7:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Digest. Do you fully absorb the events of your environment honoring all that is presented to you? It is so easy to blame our experiences on other people and their control of the situation excusing our deficiency. It is of great importance to realize how our involvement alone makes our movie with a happy ending or not. Go to your cupboard and fill a bag with groceries (and spare commodities like a roll of toilet paper, soap, a spare tooth brush and paste) then go on a drive; the first homeless person that you come across (consider yourself very lucky if it is a long drive) give them the bag and make sure to look them in the eyes and thank them for this opportunity to share yourself.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  2:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Gut Level. How many hats to you wear and how well do you take care of yourself while wearing them? Reward yourself with gifts that you fancy and follow your simple whims. Relax and write a list of the many services that you provide. Then draw a sunshine next to the provisions that you give to yourself and a heart next to the plenitude that you share with others. Lastly draw a flower next to the efforts you teach and a star next to the gifts you still aspire to learn more about.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  07:11:26 AM  Show Profile
Dilly Dally. Are your emotions all clogged, making it difficult to gauge how you feel, falling into a routine not really acting on instinct? Our hearts are barometers for all feelings, love, hate, trust, hope, fear, despair; I have had heart break so bad I thought I was going to suffer from a heart attack. From experience I find that the more one is hurt the more one numbs out making it difficult to feel the necessary emotions that surround them. Give yourself permission to feel everything that comes up and to let it go. Do not store any "good or bad" just let the memory float by like a summer cloud (try to not build castles on clouds).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  08:32:31 AM  Show Profile
I think it's really a big temptation to put off actually processing especially painful emotions. Then when some time of big change takes place it all comes bubbling to the surface and creates a "dark night of the soul" in which we even question our purpose on the planet. I think that part of the dilemma is labeling our experiences as "good" or "bad" depending on how we felt about the situation at the time. Perhaps those experiences were just experiences - ones that catapulted us into a different direction or a different school of thought. Unfortunately human beings learn best from trauma because it gets our attention. A friend once told me to "listen to the whispers" and if you don't then the "whispers become shouts" and if you ignore the shouts the Universe just very well might drop a house on you. Well those things filed and not acknowledged are those whispers from spirit. They tell us reams about ourselves, what colors our decisions and judgements. They become the filters through which we build our perceptions. Another teacher of mine called it the "mud" in our glass. We put all the mud in and then spend eons of time and pain trying to get the mud back out. But if we process it when it happens and then visit it with "new eyes" from time to time then slowly the mud gets diluted and our perceptions less jaded and more clearly aligned with spirit.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2009 :  08:34:31 AM  Show Profile
We are loaded up and ready to hit the road for Mary Jane's annual Fourth of July Farm Fair!
We have fought battles with Dragons and found enchantment together and now we must rest. I am going to celebrate and meet so many of you that have become sisters through this thread. Who knows what the future holds but it is never far from reach. . .

Veridicality. How do you express your truths, do you validate the way you perceive them? Everyone is a story teller of their own movie. It takes lots of resources and many people's contributions to make a good film. Take some time to imagine a scene in your upcoming debut, let yourself feel how you want the experience to be like. Pick different roles and dress up, pretend, change your voice tones.

Echo. Do you ever see yourself in everyone and everything around you? I have had an experience where everywhere I looked there were people I recognized, then upon further glance, weren't those people at all. Then there are times when my path crosses others that are so similar to mine. Go through the day finding seredipity and celebrate.

Selah. Have you ever heard the sounds of silence? In ancient languages there are words to cue to be quiet. There is a way to rejoice by pausing. Some believe by telling your dreams the energy escapes your mouth never able to materialize thoroughly through your mind. Let your dreams snap your synapses into some synergy. Go extra slow today and linger, enjoying the peace and quiet for what it is and if there is none, go find some. Perhaps the best place to start is near a quiet source of water. . .

Until later.
Best Blessings,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2009 :  6:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
lol I was just thinking "where are we supposed to find quiet with all these fireworks going on"..just a laugh...i don't think you meant the 4th...
we are having fun listening to the neighborhood celebrating

Linda in Scranton, PA

GOD BLESS AMERICA. Our FREEDOM is not free.

The soldier in my family is often saying that they could not do what they do without the support of their families and the sacrifices the families make.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile
thank you so much Heide for these wonderful words of wisdom...they fill the cup of my soul:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile
I want to add my thanks as well. I will miss this daily thread as you take your break. Introspection and the gift of seeing how we co-create our realities is one often over-looked in our daily grind. I just want to add - listen to the whispers spirit sends your way - the little nudges trying to get ones attention. If you ignore the whispers they become louder - spirit will go as far as it must to get our attention.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2009 :  1:48:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies for the kind words.
Please feel welcomed to write me personally for more "to do"s as I take this hiatus. I have been asked to prepare a book proposal and if there is any particular exercises you liked, let me know so I can be sure to include them. I will be sure to keep y'all posted.
Best,
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2009 :  06:51:11 AM  Show Profile
My whisper said to check in weeks ago and look Well ... I will certainly miss the teachers and the lessons.

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!!!!

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

Don't die with your music in you ... not no way not no how!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page