Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  11:12:41 AM  Show Profile
Well, if you don't mind I will now reply with "always full" :) Love that !!!!! Of course it is. The mirror has the answers ... so simple :)

I'm thinking of tying in the color felt pens in with the whole" I Love Me" idea. In the end we are all just a rainbow of light. something to that effect seems appropriate :)

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

Don't die with your music in you ... not no way not no how!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  11:23:50 AM  Show Profile
How about the color of the felt pen coinciding with the appropriate chakra for the body parts in question? Could maybe help to clear blockages?? Just a thought...

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  11:36:59 AM  Show Profile
What can I say ... Genius. Thank you so much !!!!! That is going to be an unbelievable little way to unblock and free their chakras in a way they will relate to. Perfect :)

Thanks again, I'm going to sit down and put that together in the lesson plans. That is giddy worthy:) Much, much gratitude Sheri !

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  09:41:10 AM  Show Profile
Heather, What great "classes" to offer! I love the idea of using colored ink in yesterdays exercise. I can't mention enough the importance for nurturing self-love every culture. Inspired by your curriculum I dedicate todays "to do" to you.
Envision. Have you ever made a vision board? I started making these as a teenager. I would think of a certain person and cut out words and images that reminded me of them, then I would frame it and give it to them as a gift. As I got older I made more like the ones pictured below and sold several. When I was pregnant I made a "Labor Board" and found it so useful. The idea is to cut out images of what you are or want to be and place it somewhere where you will look at it daily and reflect.

*I apoligize for the pics, I just took them quickly and didn't bother with the lighting, but you get the idea.

"Stick and stones break my bones but words make me."

"Tree of life"

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
FYI in answer to the topic's question, yes, I believe I am taking better care of myself today.
My son's sickness and the stress on my knowing that I can't do what professionals are trained to do, I am having him put back in a hospital and refusing to try to do what I can't.
It is so frustrating to work with agencies, medical and county ones. I learned from experience how to go about it that I am doing what I have to do. Nobody else will. His new therapist is just started her job working with him at his day partial program that I am helping her also.
I am the advocate he has for now. I am working on accepting and forgiving his dad, my x-husband, for not doing his part by helping me....he is making other priorities just like he did before. (men...grrr)
Sometimes I know it sounds rude or insistant just to get the professionals to do their job! My being assertive is necessary to keep from going thru the police and emergency room....taking on more than I should. Yes! I am taking care of myself....my depression, anxiety and sleeplessness over this.
thanks for being there!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  12:35:45 PM  Show Profile
Good morning. I know I tend to put other's needs before my own but I have been working at trying to put myself on the top of the list and not on the bottom. It's difficult to break all the conditioning that it's my job to make them all happy....I do the collage thing only I have a book that I put them in. It's a good way to focus on what I want to accomplish. I got the "artist architype" in spades in this lifetime so I am always looking for a way to express what I am thinking in a visual way and not just in words.

I didn't know of your son's illness, Linda. I know how difficult it is to be a caretaker and to fight the system. I never knew how difficult it could be to make the medical community just do their job well until I had to deal with it myself - twice. First with my mother and second when my partner was in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. It does take strong advocacy and constant as well. That alone is very stressful without the worry for your loved one. It does take a toll. Remember forgiveness is for you not for whom you are forgiving. Forgiveness also doesn't mean you forget it just means that you let go of running the story in your head over and over which tortures you and not him. I find that if I can find a way to have compassion for the person that I need to forgive, then it makes coming to that place easier (at least for me). The Serenity Prayer really applies to your situation in spades doesn't it? I am glad to hear that you are taking time for yourself - it's so important.

Hope everyone has a really good day - the sun is shining and the wind has mellowed to a gentle breeze. Time to get the garden planted.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  2:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Heide- Thanks ... doing what spirit says :)

Linda- I did not know of your son's health either.Thought if you didn't have The serenity Prayer I'd pass it along. I keep it in my wallet and bathroom mirror.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen. - Reinhold Niebuhr

Hope this sends a little love your way. Love to you today and strength in love to you always Linda. You and your son ( what is his name?) will be in our thoughts and prayers.

To the moment at hand :)!!!!!!

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  09:42:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I am so sorry for your struggle and stress over your son and XH. I hope that now that you are reaching out for support that your son and you find people who can assist you and use their training to help. Today's to do is for you.

Mojo. Is your energy so needed by others that you feel yourself drained and unable to replenish? Sew a tiny pouch out of a piece of fabric (I used a favorite scrap of an old dress I loved)and yarn (perhaps some that you spun) to sew it together. String a ribbon long enough through the top that you can wear it around your neck over your heart. In your amulet place a tiny replica of whom you worship and other little things that remind you of your connection to our creator. Other examples are precious stones, seeds, dried flowers, notes of quotes and anything that is special to you. In times of need, put this on (even if it is hidden under your clothes) and ask for ease in your situation.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  1:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
The native Americans in Alaska where I lived for a long time called this a Medicine Bag. The bag you described.
I also have a little bag with tiny handmade people in it..they each are smaller than a matchstick. Several fit in the tiny bag. There is a family of children, women and men. I think it is from oriental country. The are called Worry dolls...give them your worries and you won't have them any longer. I could wear that!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  3:02:13 PM  Show Profile
I have always liked the medicine bag. I had a friend who was a real hoot of a guy (now passed on) that had a small deerskin medicine bag with a glass eye on the front of it - not a doll eye an actual human eye prosthetic eye that had been beaded around - really trippy bag and caused a lot of comment. He said that it was so his "spirit could see everything"....Mine is crocheted by a dear friend with a beaded necklace. I like the idea of the worry dolls.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I got all my tomatoes potted and staked this morning (too much of a gamble to set them this early) about 80 of them. Trying to get the rest of the garden in this afternoon.

"A creative mind makes uncommon connections. So does a crazy mind. A Creative mind makes uncommon insightful connections" ~ Richard Bach

The difference between fully realized and insanity is just one step apart. The realized is fully aware and knows it. The insane is also fully aware but is oblivious to everything....

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, I just got in from a VERY busy Farmers Market in Pasco WA where the farmers are no joke and I SOLD OUT! YEe HA! Getting up at 4 am to pick fresh baby beet greens was worth it.

Be Bold. Do you find yourself not able to say no and over obligate yourself, trying to please or being afraid of the outcome? Write a list of priorities on a piece of paper of actions and feelings you want to have. Then fold the paper and burn it under the evenings new moon rising, watching your everything transend.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 23 2009 :  9:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you had a successful day. Today I finally got all the garden except for the tender crops - tomato plants and cuke plants.

I'll have to give some thought to the over obligation issue - as I am preparing for my son's wedding. I tend to volunteer pretty easily!! I am getting better at drawing lines and sticking to my original agreements without taking on more than I originally said that I would. That said - it's still difficult to say no when I hate to disappoint people.

Blessings

Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  10:35:13 AM  Show Profile
Shield. Have you ever done your best only to be attacked in a lose lose situation? It is so easy to grow angry and freak out blaming the person assaulting you. Take a day and withdraw from all the drama and reset your barometer. No one can force you to feel any one way, only you give yourself permission to respond to any given emotion. Come away from the people, issue or illness that is causing you dis-ease and fill your heart, mind and soul with what you know is true, pure and good for you. Let all these others input fall off you and land at their feet where their seeds of disconcert may grow weeds, away from your flowers.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  10:52:20 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that. No one can hurt you without your permission. Again the 4 agreements - not to take things personally as the attacker is dealing or not dealing with their own issues and taking them out (blaming) on you. One of the meditations that one can use is to imagine yourself inside a protective bubble (your shield) not only does it protect you from outside assaults but it also protects others from our own. No one is immune to that sort of behavior - I don't think there is a person on the planet who has not also played the agressor in some circumstance. It is about balance. Imagine a balancing energy flow coming in and going out of the bubble. Tell yourself that your are safe no matter what may be going on around you. Remember, the earth school is like a gigantic hologram - all illusion. These dramas are there for our education and we choose how the outcome will effect us. It is up to us to choose hurt, anger, or love and compassion. ("Father forgive them they know no what they do")

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 25 2009 :  08:54:36 AM  Show Profile
Sheri ~what a great "bubble" meditation! I am sure I will use it frequently.

Memorialize. How many veterens or wives of warriors or mother's of soldiers do you have in your family? In my family every generation has family members who has gone to war to insure our freedom and rights that not everyone can share around the globe. Today's to do is inspired by Ms.Dana (fellow farmgirl from Georgia) to build an ancester alter. Take a shelf in your house or a wall and fill it with photos of as many family members as you care too; Add rewards, badges, certificates and flags. Invite them (those who have passed and those who remain) to celebrate with you and honor them for all their struggles and successes that have made you and your family who you are (good and bad) today.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  10:02:02 AM  Show Profile
One of a kind. Do you worry, comparing yourself to others, not thinking you will add up? Think of your favorite Super Hero and their powers, then think of what gives you power (maybe spinach, like a Farmgirl popeye). Imagine a convention of all the Super Heroes sharing the same strength but having different weaknesses; your group only being 2% of all the millions of Super Heroes. Picture all the costumes, loud stories of fighting off Villains and you being uniquely in the front and center of it all.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 26 2009 :  11:09:38 AM  Show Profile
This morning I have been working in the Lavender patch. I have some really old Grandmother plants that I have let go because the wood was so thick and twisted and I was afraid that if I trimmed too much of the old girls, they would die. Well, last spring I got brave and decided if I didn't start hacking up the old split wood they would die anyway as they were becoming so splayed. So being a bit hesitant I chose the weakest of the lot and really went to town and butchered the heck out of them. When I was finished, I gave them a blessing looked sadly over their very shrunken appearance and decided I'd probably done them in. Well, this spring they are beautiful, full round bushes and the one's I didn't touch (hedging my bets, you see) looked shaggy and splayed. So this morning I took my bi-pass pruners and started in on the largest one of the grandmothers and gave her a real good trim. I started thinking of how we all shed ideas or haircuts (some of us anyway on the hair thing) or fashions and re-style ourselves every so often. Give ourselves a good pruning just like I did for my grandmother plants. Being afraid to shed what we don't need any more because it might feel strange. Just like each one of those plants - we each have our strengths and weaknesses yet the beauty of the whole depends on the strength of it's center. If we get too fragmented our center becomes taxed and weak.

So like #40 states, begin to be unique, trim away the excess baggage that you've been hauling around. Strengthen your center. Become your own super hero in your own unique drama.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 27 2009 :  1:54:41 PM  Show Profile
*Sheri, love the story of your granny lavender. How nice it is for everyone to get a haircut before summer. I just got in from the Farmers Market where again I sold out of everything (could of had twice as many beet greens ~popular amoung the juicers).

Rejuvenate. Do you juice or buy juiced vegetables to drink on a daily or weekly basis? The variety is endless, you can mix fruits with veggies, herbs, roots and teas. Throw in some powdered Spirulina for extra Zing! Garnish with a rose. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  11:07:11 AM  Show Profile
Ask again. Is there something you want from someone and have been told "no" because your request is impossible? Maybe we need to ask permission less and come up with different solutions more. Sometimes we get so attached to the outcome we don't see the many ways we could achieve the same goal. There is some situations that you just can't take "no" for an answer.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  11:40:57 AM  Show Profile
In my experience, the answer is always yes but it's not always in our time frame. When I was in high school a classmate brought a spinning wheel to class to show our teacher. It grabbed me and I said someday I will have one of those. Fast forward almost thirty years. My friend is moving out of her house into a fifth wheel as all her kids are moved out. She gifted me two spinning wheels, hand cards and a lazy kate. The same goes for asking for help. Sometimes (in fact a lot of the time) it comes from where you least expect it. I have been noticing lately that all of my friends have been in situations where they had to take a stand for themselves. They finally stood up and said no more. Guess what? The sky didn't fall. Guess Chicken-Licken was wrong....

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  2:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
good for them!! your friends sound like me...my therapist says that I am too "nice" and is glad when I get firm and stick up for myself...(I feel real bold when I do)

Go gals...I encourage others more than myself...but working on that now that I realize it.
;-p

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

"WELL BEHAVED WOMEN RARELY MAKE HISTORY"

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:02:12 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean Linda. It is far easier to encourage someone else. Notice the word "encourage" - you (and I sometimes) can find strength and courage for others but won't or don't allow it for ourselves. As I told another sister a couple of days ago - courage isn't the absence of fear it's doing what needs to be done despite your fear. Sometimes I am more courageous than others but I am far more assertive now than I used to be when it is my own issues. Unfortunately for most of us women are trained to keep the peace and make everyone else happy. I've been making others happy for a very long time and now it's my turn to make myself happy. You know I have learned that it's just as easy to choose joy as not. All it takes is a little re-programing. Empowerment is our natural state of being, all the rest is just conditioning. Keep up the courage building.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  3:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

(The Junk Gypsy)
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:04:26 PM  Show Profile
To us :D

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 28 2009 :  4:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
As we are making history!
Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

(The Junk Gypsy)

Edited by - yarnmamma on May 28 2009 4:28:33 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page