Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:14:33 AM  Show Profile
I know what you mean about pricing - I think that the problem here is being afraid someone will think I am ripping them off or something. I've had two instances where I felt that way and now they color how I think. I think, at least in my experience, that many people think that hand made means "not as good" as something commercially made. I hope that is changing. My friend had a greenhouse and sold bedding plants for 20 years and people were always trying to negotiate for a better price on a plant that was already cheaper than you could get in town. There is no such thing as perfect. I always see in my own work what I consider it's flaws where others never notice what I see. Remember - no one will ever look at what ever you made as "up close and personal" as you do.

Heide I know you like Carolyn Myss - have you ever listened to her CD on Self-Esteem? Powerful stuff. The other one that I like is "Your Power to Create" about manifesting what you need.

When Jesus said to put down your things and follow Him everyone always assumed that He was referring to material possessions. What if He was referring to the things we humans tend to cling to such as : Fear, Anger, Greed. For many years we have been taught that owning stuff was less than spiritual - that to be spiritual one must sacrifice and lean towards hardship as some sort of badge of honor or something.....hmmmm give up the things we love the most, that hurt us the most.

"Fear knocked at the door, Love answered. No one was there."

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  09:38:32 AM  Show Profile
Fear cannot handle Love ... ever! So many run around in fear, based on what? All the domestication, all the news. What fear wants us to believe and NOT what resonates in all of us which is Love, no matter how big the fear is. We give so much power and energy to the negative energy around the world and it just grows. WE GIVE IT PERMISSION TO GROW!!!!!! A shift to love and love based energies and " What A Wonderful World " Okay I'm off the soap box :)

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

Don't die with your music in you ... not no way not no how!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  08:15:35 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, I am getting "Your power to create" today. I have yet to read it. It has only been since my mother passed that I have learned about Caroline Myss and what a help she has been. Thanks!

Replace. Do you play fear based fantasies in your head or do you hit the Gong, instantly dismissing the scene? Rob Brezsny urges us(here is a link to his fantastic site)to know the difference between fear and intuition.

http://freewillastrology.com/horoscopes/

When we stop the fear tapes from playing in our heads we are giving permission for our quieter intuition, the Divine, to softly guide us. Today refuse any negative message or fear based reaction and continue on with only the ultimate outcome in mind. When listening to our true nature we open doors that would have otherwise stayed locked in our hurtful mindset, keeping us caged in.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile
One quote that I found enlightening is : "Anger is always fear and fear is always fear of loss". I think that most people don't equate anger with fear because anger feels so powerful. Also in the New Earth by Eckhart Tolle he advises when you catch your "mind tapes" running to state: "I am not the voice in my head, I am the spirit who is listening to the voice." I personally found that phrase quite helpful when I notice that I have my old negative messages running.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 12 2009 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile
My favorite book.

Invite me to an Anti- War protest and I will not come, invite me to a Peace gathering and I will be there - Mother Theresa not exact that's why not in quotes.

Anger and fear are the same to me also. Listening :) Learning :)

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  09:30:24 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, this is my busy, busy season so I apologize for being out. Yesterday my brother came home for the first time since my mom passed. The time stood still and I was warped, but don't think I forgot y'all. . .

Fast. How often to you break out of your routine and purge things you believe you can't live without? Go an entire day away from modern media. Shut off the TV, radio and computer, surrounding yourself in the comfort of Nature's chaotic entertainment.

Content. Do you define yourself from your past experiences, stuggles, successes and potentials? Sit still and quiet and imagine your presence entirely. Know and feel the trust in the Divine to place you exactly where you need to be and when. Today, release the worry and responsibility of control, be graced in every task you do.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  10:18:57 AM  Show Profile
Heide - glad all is well I wondered when you didn't post yesterday. I know what you mean about the "busy season" - always a lot of work in the spring.

Just remember "Where you place your time, is where you place your life". We spend a lot of time talking about time but most of us never think about what a precious commodity time really is. Every minute we spend is priceless beyond measure for we can never get it back again. Wasting those precious minutes worrying about things beyond our control is squandering our potential for inner peace within that moment. "As above, so below. As within, so without." Remember to choose wisely.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  10:25:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Heide, I needed that : )

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 14 2009 :  12:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
thanks again...this topic and all the insights are so important to me...my day is not complete without this.

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  08:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Maniac. Do you have spring fever, tossing and turning not able to sleep because you are so excited in anticipation? Do a farmgirl fire drill. Tell everyone in your house (apartment, trailer, yurt or whatever shelters you) that on the count of three everyone is going to get up, exit and run around the outside of the house as quickly as y'all can race to be the first back inside. You can make a game out of it, where the last one to be seated has to _______.*

*Warning: FOR THE MORE ADVENTUROUS*
When I went to college in Olympia WA I worked with a team of women doing hardcore labor of replanting clear-cuts with delinquent city kids. After grueling ten hour days of scaling mudslides in the rain, us ladies, would all retreat to the same woman's home. Her 1oo year old restored "hunting cabin" was once a rural blueberry farm from the great depression; now surrounded by suburban McMansions. One of our favorite things was to all dive into the hottub and pass a floating bowl of just picked heirloom blueberries. As you can imagine we were tired, ravished and cranky so to not start a fight over who had to get out of the tub and get more berrys we started this game. As soon as the last berry was eaten we would clap and all jump out of the tub, running as fast as we could (naked) around the house, back into the tub and the last one back had to go pick another bowl of berries. It was so much fun but not as funny as when the New Yorker accountant neighbor came home next door while we were in the middle of a drill. I will never forget his face and I am sure he will never forget us!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  09:33:05 AM  Show Profile
I think at my age running naked anywhere except into the shower would be not the most alluring site to see! Too many neighbors in the trees anymore however we used to shower outside the kitchen window on a pallet with a shower hose hooked to the kitchen sink before we got our indoor plumbing many moons ago.

I hope spring has indeed sprung we are supposed to be in the 70's this weekend after a l-o-n-g cold spring. Hopefully things will get tilled today and plant seeds tomorrow.

Here's to doing unexpected things just because we want to...take a chance to have fun.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 15 2009 :  3:44:25 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Heide! that's a great story! love it LOL

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (author unknown)

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  05:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Sheri and Linda, I was hoping to get some smiles out of that one!
Shop. Is there a local farmers market going on in your area and are you supporting it? I know as a farmer that their isn't as much produce as there is going to be but you would not believe all the beautiful food we do have. Please go to the Farmers Market and buy eggs, honey, veggie starts, radishes and greens to help give us little small time farmers something to keep our faith in all we do. It is extremely tiring feeding the world, especially when you have to get up at 4am to do it and everyone forgets today is market day. Start your summer routine of having breakfast and get your weeks produce at the market. As a Farmer, we THANK YOU.
No Farmers, No Food.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 16 2009 :  4:20:20 PM  Show Profile
Everyone should read Church of the Dog ... there a great tradition in there about naked connection :)

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  11:53:37 AM  Show Profile
I have yet to read "Church of the Dog" but you definately have my interest. . .
Indemnify. Have you gotten burned by helping someone out and now are afraid of exchanging your resources or perhaps think you have nothing to share? Protect yourself, keeping personal boundaries while challenging yourself, to aid fellow humans. Consider that people are put in each others path for greater reasons beyond our need to know. Do your best in every encounter to truly give what blessings you have to bestow on others, so that they can reflect their true gifts that they can offer.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  5:29:46 PM  Show Profile
It has been my experience that helping others sometimes becomes a strange experience. After awhile some folks act like you owe them something even though you have been helping them for no payment, out of the goodness of your heart. At this point, I tend to sever the help aspect of my relationship with that person. It has not stopped me from helping others when I can. I sometimes think that helping someone too much doesn't help them in the long run but enables them to stay stuck inside the box, expecting someone else to rescue them rather than find a solution for themselves. I am a fixer - give me a problem, I look for a solution. I guess I have a difficult time understanding people who don't try to solve things. It's almost as if they enjoy being a victim of whatever "it" is. I still like to help others but I tend to try to teach them to help themselves...You know the old give a man a fish vs teaching him to fish adage. Sometimes helping others helps me to see myself more clearly.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  08:22:54 AM  Show Profile
Trust. Have you ever exercised your faith, where you stand on a bench and a bunch of people stand below and you trust them to catch you as you fall backwards with your eyes closed? I have always sucked at this game. Today I am going to blindly trust those around me that they want success for me as much as for themselves. Listen to opinions and feedback believing that you don't know everything and there is always something more to know. People are put in our space to teach and mentor us if we are open.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  12:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I haven't done that trust exercise yet and I really wonder if I could.

I've had "disagreements" with 2 different men lately that I barely know and I am surprised at how emotional or resentful or angry I can get. I know that all of life is really a spiritual experience and not always happy or good. I found that when I hear myself say things like "I hate____ (a certain type of person)" then it is not healthy sign on my part. I strive to not be bitter or live in resentful state of mind...so that's my current growing stage.

Also got a new puppy...OMG only 4 months old...just a baby and so much work...but I am still enjoying her. It's only been a couple days with her and I have times I really wonder what I have taken on!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  1:23:02 PM  Show Profile
I haven't done the "backwards fall" exercise since high school and I sucked at it too but probably because I am really afraid of heights and that sensation of falling kind of ties into it. I believe that everything and everyone that is in our path is here to teach us. Sometimes the people who drive us the most crazy are our biggest teachers because they show us aspects of ourselves that we need to work on. Other times it's to teach us tolerance and/or patience. Just what ever you do. don't pray for more patience because you will constantly get situations that will try your patience until you finally get some!!! Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it...

Linda when someone treats you badly, try not to take it so personally. It's really not about you. It's about the issues that the other person has. Let them own their own issues and you need to consciously say to yourself "this doesn't belong to me" and release it back into the ethers. I really suggest that you listen to the CD version of Self Esteem by Carolyn Myss. I think it is really helpful in releasing some of those kinds of experiences. At least it was helpful for me.

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 18 2009 :  5:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sheri, thanks so much...I knew someone had some loving words for me...

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  09:46:39 AM  Show Profile
Ok Ladies,
since I am so excited for Farm Fair, I think it is appropriate to use this To Do list for a count down to the days we all get to sit and rest together in the shade of the AWESOME Ole Mill in Oakesdale. Now for you ladies unable to make it over the Fourth of July weekend, you most certainly will be there in spirit and who else better to keep ya'll awares?

Electrify. Have you ever been so mad you could spit nails? Imagine the colors of energy sparking off your skin. Give each raw emotion a shade of intensity and let it fuel the universe going out blending and mixing with other matter. Use the rainbow of feelings to propel you, not leave you feeling burned.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  10:05:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all. Funny you should mention that type of energy today. The weather has taken another pause for major wind so no gardening today unless I want my bedding plants to follow Dorothy over the rainbow!! So today I am going to take my pent up frustration and attack my housework. I know, I know attack sounds so violent but it looks like an explosion took place in here since I've been outside for days now. The floor looks like the dust bowl after tracking so much garden dirt in here.

My favorite music to listen to while cleaning? Why the 1812 Overture complete with cannons of course. Followed by Bach organ fugues - the ones that sound like an old horror film and used to scare my son when he was little....and finished off with Beethoven's Ode to Joy when it's all spiffy and my frustration level has simmered back down to normal (whatever that is) again. I like my music loud when I clean and have been known to actually break glass a couple of times!

Have a great day channeling your energy into positive activities. Cleaning is not my favorite chore but when I do it I do it in spades...

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  05:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Oh Sheri, I want to come and clean house with you! What fun. After I finished I realized I didnt't count down to the Fourth of July . . .so today is. . .
Tattoo. Are there parts of your body that everytime you look at them you wish they were different, smaller, larger etc. or parts you find perfect? I got this idea from a fantastic movie called "What the Bleep?" about the science of quantum physics. Take a permanant marker (if the ink freaks you out then get a box of band aids) and write on 5 different parts of your body you love (or write on the bandaids and place them on your body) "I love you". Then find 5 more places that you never admire (might actually not) and make sure to write "I love you" to those parts too. If it is in internal part, like your stomach, back or uterus, just write "I love you" on the skin over it

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  06:54:30 AM  Show Profile
Heide-
That's a great exercise for the Enrichment Programs for teens I'm doing this summer Thanks for the idea. And of course buy local :) We're heading off to the farmer's market every thursday to collect food for girls to eat :) Teaching them young :)

Sheri- I always enjoy you thoughts !!! It's like listening the whisper in my thoughts :) thanks for the inspiration to feel what is real :) And sending intentions of complementary weather for the garden planting. Everything in it's perfect time :)

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  09:05:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. Band-aids? My future DIL will think I had a fight with my sheep or something....I think it's a great idea, Heide. I love that movie. I truly believe we create our own reality with our statements, attitudes, and perceptions.

Are you a glass half full or glass half empty kind of person? You ask that question and everyone always picks one or the other. My answer is that the glass is always full. Half liquid and half air or perhaps better stated as half what you think you have and half pure potentiality....

Onwards and upwards, ladies - got me a date with a felt pen!

Blessings,

Sheri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page