Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  1:38:08 PM  Show Profile
yarnmamma Linda, amen sister! I'm there too, I think it's allergies for me too. I hope you feel better soon. (((Hug))) I've found that a nice, warm cup of tea helps a little bit.

Heide, I loved #47 too. Really puts things in perspective and is a great idea.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  09:29:52 AM  Show Profile
Linda and Lainey, sorry about you not feeling too spunky these days, but if your body tells you it is tired, it is time to rest. Sometimes it is your mind that works so hard (even while your sleeping) that you don't feel rested. So in dedication to all us ladies who's bodies, mind and soul are in overtime. . .

Meditate. Have you ever seen a plant grow inches if not feet in one day? I have some Hop plants that I have seen climbing a trellis before my eyes. Sit calmly, relaxed and vision being a plant, not able to move but able to grow. Imagine the inner power and courage these plants have instinctively reaching for the sun but rooted solidly in the ground. Note: A lot of water helps

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  09:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
you know the old saying something about sitting here just watching the grass grow.
sounds good to me!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
excess of what we could ever spend will come!
Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  08:33:12 AM  Show Profile
Heide,

Thank you so much for sending me this topic. I am going to watch it every day. I love the part about not being guilty about how you feel. We, women, ad laden with guilty feelings about ourselves just about every moment of the day. Therefore, since I am way behind on this topic, I am going to start with that one today while I am working on my new book (while driving in the car!) and see if I can catch up with all of the other gals! By the by, great writing here!

Amy

please visit amywarwick.com for more information on Amy's writings and upcoming events.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:24:53 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I am blushing at the praise. . .I'm just a plant geek but in here I feel like I can sit at the table of Goddesses, the mother of Gods. . .not to offend, but can you imagine, the honor?

Judge not. Is the path to hell paved in good intentions? It is impossible for us to know what is good and what is bad in the ultimate end. In celebration of the true May Day, Lunar Beltane, let down your inhibitions and be what your heart sings. Only allow the purest visions and don't critique anyone, not even yourself. Allow all the positive benefits of the radiating moonlight to warm your soul.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  09:26:10 AM  Show Profile
AMY!!! I've been trying to reach you!! I sent you an email but for some reason, days later it bounced back!! Heide forgive me for using your forum to connect with Ms. Amy but I wanted to just give a shout out. I'll try emailing you again...maybe it was just a cosmic-glitchy thing...

Heide, as usual, these are wonderul. I must say, the activities you assign each task are particularly lovely. I firmly believe this is entirely the purpose behind 'ritual' in general. It is taking a thought and making it real in an action. This is true manifestation and I think helps us better see what it is we are thinking and thus, trying to transcend.

One of things I struggle with Guru Heide, is taking these negative thoughts like guilt or self-judgment, and insecurity out of the realm of my mind. For example, a poignant one for me at times is insecurity and it seems to be such a cycle; I start to feel insecure about something I said or wrote thinking, "Ugh! Why did I say that? They're probably going to think.." then I stop myself and I counter with, "Julia, it doesn't matter what other people think. Examine your intentions. Were they pure? Were they true? If yes, then move on." I hear myself say, "Right! Ok, yeah, I know...I know.." and then I start sort of berating myself for being insecure in the first place. How did I become so abusive? It is so strange. I'm sure guilt works the same way but I think I'm getting better and better at trampling that one down to it's toxic state of tar-like goo.

So here's my question; How can one become forgiving of oneself without muddying the waters with grandoise self-marveling? Likewise, how it is that humility has become a tangled mess of dismissive modesty?

Dear Heide, those are my thoughts for the day...You are the B.E.S.T!!! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  10:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I can imagine.....we DO belong at the table of the Goddesses! A lesson in life is to realize that!
yeah yeah!!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

The Universe says: Speak abundance and act abundantly, no matter what, and an outpouring of the "stuff," far in
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  11:36:44 AM  Show Profile
Heide I just found this thread and I am so pleased that someone else shares my philosophies and practices meditations and living in the now. I think the hardest thing for me is to release judgement - I was raised by a hyper-critical mom. I have been working really hard at it and I have to say that it has been very freeing and has allowed me a real peace within my heart when I can be angry and then de-fuse myself by trying to have compassion for a person or situation that has miffed me. I feel that compassion is the great healer and if we can have compassion for even those who drive us nuts - then we will be on the way to not only inner peace but world peace as well. How can we love others without honoring ourselves first? It is us and our mirrors so to have a loving, beautiful, life we have to mirror that outward first.

Julia, I believe that there really isn't anything wrong with self-marveling as long as it doesn't become an ego trip. Look at a small child - they think they are pretty wonderful for even the smallest accomplishments and when that happens we think that's pretty great. But....when we think that of ourselves, then we think somehow that's a bad thing. I think we have been brainwashed. In the Four Agreements, he puts it that we have had a spell cast on us. The people who do the grandiose braggart thing - they just don't love themselves enough to think that others will notice their accomplishments without announcing it or they need outside gratification to feel worthy. If you really do feel good about yourself and your accomplishments then you can be honest that yes, you are good at (fill in the blank) but it is without that need for praise because you already know you are good at what you do. True humility means that you accept your gifts with gratitude but doesn't mean dissembling behavior. That is not humility or modesty. Most of the truly humble people I've met will accept praise with gratitude and grace but do not seek it. I think that the training we received as kids that to be proud of what we do is somehow conceited and wrong has done a lot of people a grave disservice.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 08 2009 :  9:07:12 PM  Show Profile
Sheri-

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Be impeccable with your word, don't make assumptions, take nothing personal, and do your best. Talk about simple :)

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

Don't die with your music in you ... not no way not no how!
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  12:08:13 AM  Show Profile
I have smiled all day, knowing what an alliance of kindred spirits are here. I also love "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz. To take it a step further. . .

Shine. Do you worry about being regarded as selfish or egotistical? Heed the lessons of Marianne Williamson. . .

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of The Divine that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  05:59:58 AM  Show Profile
My heart is bursting, knowing that there are kindred spirits here. Shine on !!! This is is what the enrichment programs I have started for girls 11- 14 ( what I was pulled to do ) is all about. I'm an the farmschooling thread if you'd like to know more or have anything to give us as enlightenment or ideas.

Thank you God. My journey has been amazing and every-time I feel fear or uncertainty there is light. I feel so blessed and am in much gratitude to be surrounded once again by such company as woman such as yourselves.

Thank you, thank you, thank and Happy Mothers Day ! A day for women to get together and celebrate Peace originally. Interesting how things shift :) I'm feeling another shift back to the simple things, back to our source. the source of our food, the source of our creativity, the source of ourselves.

I raise my wine of dandelion to you ladies:) again, my heart is bursting with gratitude.

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

Amy Warwick
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Amy
Oakesdale WA
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  06:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Heide,

I am practicing this one today! What is Lunar Beltane? It is beautiful!

please visit amywarwick.com for more information on Amy's writings and upcoming events.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  08:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning all. No, I don't worry about being thought egotistical. I do find it quite ironic that you posted the quote from Marianne Williamson since it hangs on my refridgerator door and I've framed it for all my kids. Also shows the energy flows through the ethers.

My favorite saying is "Work is Love made visible" it is a writing from Gibran in which he states that "if you cannot work with love then you should leave your work and take alms of those who work with joy". I fully believe that we put energy into everything we do, everything we create. If I am working on my art or what ever and the energy within me isn't good, then I will quit until my energy is positive or I feel that I risk putting negative energy into what I am creating and perhaps pass it to whomever receives the creation. It is all about energy ebbs and flows.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  08:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sheri!...exactly what I believe!! I am not able to put it into words as well as you do...but there it is...just what I have always felt, as an artist especially.

I can't bring myself to sell my crafts.....the only way I can explain it is that love is love when it is given freely...I give things away or keep them myself. Love cannot be bought or sold. Does that make sense to anyone?

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  08:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Linda it makes sense that Love can't be bought and sold. Let me take it a step further and state that money is also energy. When you sell something it is simply an exchange of energy. The person who is purchasing your art gave their energy in exchange for the money. The money therefore is an exchange of their energy and yours. It also gives you a chance to spread your Love energy out there to others. By creating with Love, you are uplifting the spirit of those who purchase your goods. So I think it depends on the spirit of intention. If you are selling something just for gain then perhaps the energy will be different than if you look at it from a two-fold stance of energy exchange, of love shared. I hope that this makes sense.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sheri,
I am trying to understand. Thanks so much for the response. Maybe I don't have a 'good' attitude toward money. I'm still growing.
:-)

Love Love Love is all I seek

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  09:25:27 AM  Show Profile
Linda it's all good. We just have this mythology that money in and of itself is somehow less than spiritual. It's all spiritual. It's all what ever we want it to be. I know how you feel because I felt that way myself for a long time - conflicted over receiving money for something I love creating. What I hope with all my heart is that what we are moving toward is what I call "Plerking" Playing and Working at the same time. If everyone loves what they are doing, imagine the explosion of positive energy that would be released. It would truly be phenominal. We are all still growing and will our entire lifetimes that's the beauty of it all - the journey.

Sheri
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 09 2009 :  10:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
cool! Keep sharing....I love it!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  08:36:43 AM  Show Profile
WOW! Sheri, Linda, Heather, Amy and all you super-fabulicious ladies what a connection in this journey we all share!

Heather, I love the idea of your enrichment program. How lucky for your daughters (and all daughters) to have such wisdom. What a difference from the upbringing I had. . .full of guilt, self judgement and ultimately shame in being different and punished for not being willing (or able) to conform.

Sheri, I am still speechless at our cosmic connection. I am processing everything you shared about money. . .Because I have a horrible time (like Linda) asking for money for my efforts. Because of strange circumstances, I harbor prejudices against people with money (never wanting to be one like that) and I am now trying to readjust my thoughts to make room for some (financial) success, that I know I am worthy of. Certainly a work in progress. . .

Amy, Lunar Beltane is the celebration of Universal Fertility. . .

Bare it. Are you forgetting Mother Earth and her twin sister Mother Nature on Mother's day? In respect to all that she bares, take off your shoes and go barefoot the entire day. With gratitude, feel your connection to the ground and let the mud swish around. Be comfortable with getting dirty.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  09:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Funny you should say that :) I went, cold & rainy and muddy this morning, to my grandmothers grave and got in the dirt planted some violets got all dirty and walked around in the cold grass barefoot !!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful day !!!!!!! And Amy there is abundance for everyone. i too have struggled with the materialism in my life. I use to do interior design for very wealthy and disconnected people. But, I have also meet like minded people as ourselves in all walks in life. Remember there is no wrong or right just an acceptance for what is. honor your creativiyt and accepting the gifts form the creativity honors yourself and therefore honors the spirit within you. Accept the fruits of your labor ... if you can even call it that :)

And hey look at my ending message DON"T DIE WITH YOUR MUSIC STILL IN YOU ... NOT NO WAY NOT NO HOW !!!!!!!!!

Blessing and Peace

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  09:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day everyone. Just one more thought on the subject of money. A lady mentor of mine told me that in some ways the hesitancy to sell our items comes from being told as children "Don't take candy from strangers." Also from the idea of "don't do business with friends and family". Okay, here's the rub; If you can't do business with friends and family and you cant take things from strangers - Just who are you going to receive payment from? She went on to say that one should never worry about the competition because if you stand with sincerity in your intention then the abundance will come to you. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't price your items comparibly but it does mean that if you are clear on your intentions, you will draw customers to you. Another thing she told me "An artist is always worth their hire". Your items are your livelyhood - a business. If you are in business, you must break yourself of the habit to under price or give away your wares.

I am still trying to work on this myself as I am really good at giving things away or pricing things too low. I am a pretty prolific artist but when it comes to marketing - well I seem to draw blanks at where I go next. I had no problem when I was building and remodeling kitchens and baths with pricing and bidding huge contracts but when it comes to marketing my art, I guess it becomes personal and I hesitate. So I guess we are all learning this together! It's nice to know I'm not the only one....

I love to play in the dirt. When I was little I built little Fairy villages with houses and furniture etc. all built out of sticks, leaves, bark, rocks etc. I would keep those villages going all summer and play with them every day. Here's to getting back in touch with playing in the dirt for fun.

Blessings -
Sheri
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 10 2009 :  8:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Amen :)

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  03:34:28 AM  Show Profile
very, very true:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  08:13:16 AM  Show Profile
Sheri, Thank you for adding such powerful insights. I think what you said about your friends observation about when we are children we are taught to not take things from strangers or exchange money with friends and family is a crippling truth. Also I agree with Linda that we are taught that money is a bad thing and as artist we don't want to define our creations by a material gain.

Heather, wild how synchronicity works. We are so on the same page!

My hungry soul is being fed full of our group's energy seeking truths and self worth.

Liquidate. Do you have troubles like I do, when pricing your goods? Imagine having enough money to meet all your needs and think of how much your time would be worth to you. Then look at your creations, perfect and some flawed, and price them acordingly to what you would pay for them yourself (still under the assumpton that you don't worry about money) but are looking for the fair market price. Now the hard part is imagine every sort of person you can and in your mind, picture them falling in love with your creation and are willing to pay any price to obtain your gift.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - May 11 2009 :  08:29:18 AM  Show Profile
Light eating light as one of my teachers would say :) I call it Soul Food. Yum, yum !!!!!!

Heather
Farmgirl #550

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page