Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  08:09:18 AM  Show Profile
I just want to thank Julia for all the insight and inspiration. I don't know what I enjoy more, coming up with these remedies or doing them. . .

Forgive. Have you ever been betrayed, abandoned, deeply hurt or burdened with disease? Make pretend to have a tea party (you can really dress up yourself and your table, bake cookies and make some delicious tea.) Put stuffed animals in the seats as your guests and place them in front of their name placards (mine will read, one for myself, my aunt, my other aunt, her husband, their son and for the guest that is last to arrive, A.L.S.). Then pour the cups of tea explaining why you are upset and angry with each of them (including yourself). Tell them that you have invited them all here today to forgive them and you are now releasing them and their memories, to go on; leaving you to enjoy your loving and joyous ways. What you forgive, nobody ever has to know, it is just for you. I was told once, that for your own health, you have to forgive the person who shot you but don’t go handing them another loaded gun.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

heartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

heather
loveland colorado
USA
56 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  8:54:14 PM  Show Profile
These are great daily practices, I especially love the "tea party" idea. Oh, I'm must go I'm late for an important date .... having a tea party before bed:)
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!!!!

Heather
LoveChics of Loveland Colorado
Farmgirl #550

love, light, & laughter
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  08:41:41 AM  Show Profile
SURPRISE! Are you alone this Easter weekend? Is it just you and your honey? It doesn't matter if you have the whole family coming or not, you need the element of surprise to assist in this time of Rebirth. Put 10 plastic eggs aside; write 10 things you are thankful for and place a note in each egg. Then while you are out doing errands today, hide the eggs for strangers to find. Example; I am thankful for this day, I am thankful for the sunshine and rain, etc. After that, if you would like to do something a little different around the house, other than eggs stuffed with candy (or with candy) you can write "acts of kindness" notes that the kids(or hubby)can redeem. Example; redeem this note for a hug, to get out of a chore, to choose what is for dinner or get a sleepover etc. With the ones for your lover, I will leave that to your imagination but might I suggest you hide them well so not to be found by Grandma and read out loud to your guests by your daughter!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  08:01:59 AM  Show Profile
Kick it. Are you the hostess or guest to an Easter celebration? Or are you home alone not participating in the holiday? Either way, RELAX, kick your feet up and soak in the great vibes of rebirth to your heart. If you are like me, spending all week preparing and planning fantasic surprises for everyone today please don't forget to sit back and watch, enjoying the excitement. Leave the dishes and the mess, save it for after all the guests are gone, making time to be in on the party (and if there is no party, well then just revel in your peacefulness).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2009 :  07:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Kegal. Do you know what that means? If not, please google the explanation. I am just going to say that yesterday I laughed so hard I peed my pants(and it wasn't a good thing) and I now fear sneezing. It is never too late to stregnthen those pelvic muscles. My best friend says she remembers to Kegal everytime she is at a red light or waiting in line. It is such an internal exercise, no one will even know we are doing it but they sure know when we don't. . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2009 :  08:37:14 AM  Show Profile
Totem. Is there an animal that keeps coming around you, like a hummingbird, squirrel or skunk? Pay attention to what animals catches your attention (even if you live in the city). It has been said that these animal souls are attracted to your soul giving you a message from your ancestors. If there is a message you are having a hard time interpreting, check out
http://www.animaltotem.com/find-your-totem.html
A totem can teach you about qualities you share with that certain animal assisting you to see further into yourself.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2009 :  08:11:35 AM  Show Profile
I don't know how many of you have heard about the sweet girl Aria and her amazing mother(and FarmGirl) Julia, but you can read a touching update at
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31291
This family has inspired today's to do.
Miraclize. Do you realize that in one ordinary day there is millions of miracles? Today start a list of all the miracles you have experienced, starting with your own birth. Then through out the day recite "I willingly and happily change to make room for more miracles."

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2009 :  08:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Are you in love with your opinion? Try going without one, good or bad. Just hush yer mouth and keep it to yourself and see how well the world operates without your two cents.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2009 :  08:22:04 AM  Show Profile
Regress. What is your most all time favorite childhood memory? Write down some of your best times as a kid and then decide a plan on how can you re-live them.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  08:20:40 AM  Show Profile
#30 Guerilla Garden. Have you ever taken a hand full of seeds with you when you go run an errand and find yourself planting in the forgotten lots or road sides? Last year my daughters poked holes in our bird seed bag on our way home from the feed store. I had black sunflower seeds all over my front car seat. As we drove home, without even thinkin about it, I unrolled my window and tossed the seeds out as we drove. All summer on our way home about every 40 feet for several miles there was the most beautiful "Wild Sunflowers."

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2009 :  2:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Heide and Pam,
I am loving this thread. It is so inspiring but I am saddened to think that the 2 of you were always surrounded by opinionated and judgemental moms.
Pam, I am so glad you have found the love of the Lord
And for both of you, I unofficially adopt you into my family of daughters and send you hugs of unconditional love and want you to know that you matter to me
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  08:15:46 AM  Show Profile
Michele, you are a sweetie pie. I would love to be one of your daughters in your worldly family. My mother did her best and wanted unconditional love for me but she couldn't give it to herself; so it was impossible to give what she didn't have.
and so with that I am inspired for
S.O.S. How often do you ask for help? Start a journal of all the "needs" you think you "need" assistance to accomplish; EVERYTHING. After you have a few pages, start to review and make sure you have included the ridiculous like. . .
Needing someone to bring you T.P. while you are busy on "the throne." You can't tell me this isn't a "need". . .

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

rooted_rover
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Sher
Nine Mile Falls WA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2009 :  10:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello Heide and all the other farmgirls who pop into this thread. Wow! I just came over from reading Rene's latest newsletter with her feature on Heide. What a treat to be brought here. Thanks Heide for the profound ideas you give us to chew on with ways to put them into practice. I also really like the link to the TED site with Elizabeth Gilbert presentation. The TED site will now be a favorite way to give myself some downtime -- along with checking in on any new Heide posts :) I'm curious about the "Strange Sky" part of your name. I imagine this is part of your Native American heritage. Is there a story to it you can share? A kindred farmgirl.... Sher
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  07:52:03 AM  Show Profile
Sher, isn't Ms. Gilbert incredible? I also loved that video. I am glad Renee got your interest and you "popped" in. I am so honored to be the featured FarmGirl! Welcome.
As for being a StrangeSky; the name came from the color of my families eyes, greyish blue with yellow specks in them. Hence StrangeSky. However this has brought to my attention how important eye color is. Now I have two daughters, one with amazing light blue eyes and our other has inherited (her father is part cherokee) his ultra soft brown eyes. SO I have the challenge to assure both girls feel beautiful and are proud of the traits they have; (Not feeding into our cultures, one being better than the other game).

Project. Can you imagine your great, great, great, great, great granddaughters sitting to read a letter that you had written, telling them about your proudest moments? What events would your letter describe? Imagine the feelings and inspirations a letter like that would create. Sit and listen to your inner stories and when one is louder than the others, write it down (this can be the beginning of the letter to the daughters you will never meet).

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

hippiehenpam
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Pamela
Kingsport TN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2009 :  11:15:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey Michele, you truly touched my heart. I am so honored that you would like to adopt me. It is through people like you that I have felt the unconditional love that my mom never learned to give. God placed many other special people in my life to nurture and encourage me, so I feel very blessed. Over the years, I have been able to show my love to my mom, and she is learning to be more supportive. It is one of my life lessons I had to learn...to love her unconditionally.
I learned years ago that you can have whatever you desire in a relationship, but you have to give it first.

whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable .....think on these things Phil 4:8
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  08:08:56 AM  Show Profile
Soak. Can you feel the season revving up and things starting to get more hectic (how can it get more chaotic?) Go and pick as many flowers as you can find; dandelions, pansies and rose petals work fine (make sure to debug 'em). Then find one big soup pot or two (to put your feet in). Fill the buckets with steamy hot water and float the flowers in it, carry it outside in the sun or anywhere warm and face towards the sun. Relax for at least 20 minutes with your feet in the water, not getting up until the water has cooled.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2009 :  09:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sher,
I am so glad that you found your way over here. Heide is such a sweetie ( as sweet in person as she is on the thread). And you are not that far from us. Heide, myself and a few other farmgirls are going to try to make it over to support farmgirl Amy warwick launch her new book in Oakesdale on Friday May 1st.. at 2:00 at Ditsy's if you can get away come join us....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2009 :  07:23:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey Rene,
Dish about the book. We need to know more, more.
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2009 :  08:03:37 AM  Show Profile
#34 Unplug. Did you miss me yesterday? For Earth day we unplugged for most of the day; it was really hard!! We plant everyday so we thought we would start a new tradition of unplugging, But it sure isn't any "fun", I am sure our kids didn't like it. . .

Shake it up. Is there something you would never do? or say? Surprise yourself and probably others by doing something you never thought you would (it doesn't have to be scary or bad) like, eating food you have never tried, watching a show you always skip over, or going into your closet and finding you most favorite evening dress or hat and wearing it without an "occasion".

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  07:36:49 AM  Show Profile
Complete. Are you under the new moon's spell? It is said to never start anything new the days leading up to the new moon (tonight at 8:24 Pacific). It is advised to only finish old business. This is a good day to consider what have you started and set aside. Concentrate your efforts to tie up loose ends and prepare for this next Taurus moon cycle of growth.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  11:49:50 AM  Show Profile
Ah oh, we are planning to plant our berry bushes this evening!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  12:15:12 PM  Show Profile
That's finishin! If it was a plan you need to execute, "git er done"
lol
Best
h

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2009 :  12:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Yes, that's right! We are carrying through with our plans so that is good! hehe

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2009 :  06:53:47 AM  Show Profile
Refresh. Is your skin thirsty for some nurturing? Cook up some oatmeal, when it cools add some RAW honey and a little cream (more honey the better). After it is cool enough to touch with your bare hands take it into the bathroom, getting into the bath or shower, spread it all over your face and body. Let the sticky "meal" feed your soul through your skin. After it has dried, start warm water and gently exfoliate and rub the oats in little circles until it floats away.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2009 :  08:32:40 AM  Show Profile
This one is dedicated to my fellow FarmChick, Terra. And all us farmgirls who do everything we can, to the best of our abilities BUT take time out for ourselves (in fear of being selfish).

Crack up. Have you just given and given and given and are just plain exhausted and wore out? Take one of your older plates that maybe doesn't match all the others and a permenant marker. Write on the plate all the challenges and let downs you have had in your life, you can write you parents names (or any or all your relatives) illness, financial burdens etc. When you are done your plate should be full of words; mine reads "my family, abandonment, divorce, paying for college, not having my "dream" job, ALS, Fear of death." Then take your plate somewhere outside where there is concrete, put a towel over it and smash the plate with a hammer or rock. When you are done look at the mess you have. You can either throw it away or glue it back together to remind you how you took these impossible situations and made it all whole again.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page