Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  08:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Heide,
I love it. I have read "eat, pray, love" and it is such a great read!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  09:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rene, Chelsey and Nikki and all the chicklets reading along. Thanks for the shout out...it was getting lonely in here. With me bossing myself around like a silly clown. . .
well a girls gotta do whatta girls gotta do.

Feel your wealth. Like the great Caroline Myss asks,"What if your emotions have physical weight to them, would you be lead or gold?" Remember throughout the day that everything you think and feel is stored in your biology. Know that there is plenty and no need to worry; but don't go loosely spreading your Health.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  11:49:10 AM  Show Profile
First of all Heide...thanks for your daily posts...I have been reading them all along, I look forward to them everyday....
There is an author named SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy) She wrote a book called "Eat Mangos Naked" it is a great book and so are her others...which all have similar crazy titles such as "transformation soup" "inspiration Sandwich" etc.....I recomend you all check at least one of her books out
and thanks again Heide:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  09:00:27 AM  Show Profile
Sing! Are you worried the sound that comes out of your mouth will hurt people? Then when your by yourself, turn up the BOOM Box and get grooving. It doesn't matter if it is fierce fiddlin' or bassy hip hop or gospel, whatever it takes to get you to turn it up and dig deep within you and let it all out. Just imagine a world full of Farm Girls all singin and dancin as the go today.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

hippiehenpam
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Pamela
Kingsport TN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  6:15:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I just tuned in to your daily meditations through the Cluck, and I wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading all of them. You've got me smiling and feeling energized. Thanks! I will look forward to reading daily now!

whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable .....think on these things Phil 4:8
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  07:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Chill. When is the last time you did nothing? Could you go the whole day in your PJs? Try not to agree or disagree with anything. Just remain neutral, calm and what one might call, lazy. Recharge yourself by reading, writing, cooking, watching a great movie or a show on how to reconstruct your place. Clear your brain from daily obligations and habits and try to make "empty space" in your schedule/life/mind today.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  08:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Win. Do you go through your day worrying about money and how your going to pay your bills? Don't let that fear take over your pyche, know there is enough for everyone, everywhere. The next time you withdraw money from a cash machine, yell, "I won! I won! I won!" and dance around in circles like you just cashed in the largest lottery jackpot ever!

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  08:30:33 AM  Show Profile
Well first off, I want to shout out to Melanie and Pam for the positive feedback. Thank you. I am so glad to hear that y'all are enjoying this. I checked out SARK and she seems lovely(and a lot of fun). So with that said. . .

Dwell. What truely makes you happy? When do you feel your best? Write down the top 10 "things" or "actions" or "places" that gives you life's power. Then write down the top 10 people who supports and gives you the invisible forces that helps you be the person you want to be. Then write a letter to each person (even if they are no longer with us and have previouly passed) thanking them for what a fantastic influence they have been in your life.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  1:36:47 PM  Show Profile
Heide~ I very much appreciate this thread here. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to find it! I'm curious about you...From where does your inspiration come? I can't help but wonder for I write a great deal about what you present here.

The 2 that stand out most to me now are
Live in the present
Release the burden of judgment

I find both of these things challenging and not something that I seem to be able to achieve with any real regularity. Instead, I find myself every day reminded to do both. I have to tell myself again and again to live in the moment, to be present to the moment and with the moment. I think what is so challenging for me, and many others I suspect, is the discomfort that comes with many moments. No one wants to be uncomfortable so it is much easier to consider the past or look forward as a means of escaping one's present state. I like how you included in your thought to embrace all those things that are both negative and positive. We have somehow been deluded into thinking that only a worthwhile life is a happy life. A life without pain is a good life. I'm am healing from that delusion and certainly Aria's cancer threw me out that misconception almost immediately. I've discovered that indeed happiness and sorrow come from the same place and offer equal albeit different aspects of healing. It is this emotional range we all possess that we'd do well embracing so that our moments, even the ones we absolutely hate can be faced with presence, sincerity, mindfulness and awareness.

The reserving judgment one is much harder to my mind. It requires that we look much deeper than we are taught to do. We are often so unaware that our judgments about others are merely things we attempt to deflect from ourselves. We guard ourselves so fiercely again deluded into thinking that vulnerability is synonymous with weakness. So what we loathe about ourselves is often hurled at the house of judgment where others reside. To my mind there are 2 key things that one must do in order to release judgment. The first is to spend more time knowing oneself, forgiving oneself, being kind to oneself, being honest with oneself, stop confusing humility and modesty with self-depreciation and worthlessness. I'm pondering if this is something one can achieve or if this is something one spends one's life attempting to achieve. I'm beginning to consider that both are true. The second thing is a very simple mantra: People are simply doing the best they can with what they know and understand. I read somewhere that the easiest way to stop judging others is to first stop hating yourself. I thought that quite profound.

Heide, these are the thoughts that your thoughts stirred for me and I thank you!! Tell us more about YOU!!!

many happy and warm regards to you always! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  4:18:26 PM  Show Profile
I was just starting to doubt myself and BOOM! Julia’s message dropped in. Ahhhhh, Julia how I would love to “meet” you. Your words are such an inspiration to me. It’s funny because when I read your posts, I marvel at how strong and wise you are, wanting to know more about you. It’s true about all the ladies that connect here, how awesome you all are! I can’t tell you what an honor it is to know I have encouraged and enabled such honest responses.

About me. . . I am 36. A mother of two girls (Avia 3 and Oceanna 5) and a wife to a multimedia artist who loves to artistically recycle (what I call junk). I was raised between Seattle (where my mother lived) and Wapato, a little farm town in the Yakima Indian Reservation (where my dad lived). I went to The Evergreen State College and graduated in Animation Production. If you would like to see one of my projects you can find it on Youtube. I’ll add the link at the end.

After I graduated I joined the International-jet-set-fast-big-city-life and went into making music videos. As exciting and adventurous the Rock and Roll lifestyle is; it is also very exhausting. Wanting to escape it all and run away to the woods, I met my husband. I instantly fell in love with Bill, who is a West Virginian county boy who loves bluegrass; but it took us 3 years to finally compromise and for me to finally settle down, on a farm.

We chose to live in Eastern Washington so that we could be near my mother (she moved from Seattle to Richland) because she wanted to help us raise our family. Instead I became my mothers nurse, birthing her to “the other side.” She passed away January 20th of this year from ALS (Lou Gerigs disease) at 56 years young. This last year it became so hard to take care of myself. I realized that I did not have enough energy for everything and was forced to re-prioritize. This is also when I was told that to be healthy we must learn to embrace both our broken and perfect selves.

These “to-do lists” are things that I think help me focus on the “stuff” I am working on. I am trying to better my world through myself. So for inspiration I look at how I want to be and where my pains are. Since I do believe that our bodies and souls are directly connected, the subject of spirituality gets questioned. I was raised Catholic-Native American and I believe it’s just best to never burn bridges (especially with Deities). I try to keep an open mind and spirit and remember that nobody really knows. Our relationship with “our creator” can be a private or public but that we have one is what truly matters.

I hope this answers some questions and I haven’t offended anyone. Hopefully you continue to join me on this thread while I entertain myself (and hopefully others) with “to do lists” for this wacky and silly and sometimes extremely serious ride called life.

Thanks for all the great feedback.
Julia~ thanks for calling me out and asking me to reveal myself, as scary as it is, I know I am in good hands.

Blessings,
Heide

If you would like to see one of my experimental animations. click the link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTFBirVC8Jg

Here is a picture of my family and I

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

amberjsquirrel
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Amber
Norfolk VA
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2009 :  5:23:20 PM  Show Profile
Hello Heidi! Thanks for the inspiration. I have been a slave to my to-do lists lately and now I have one item on the list I really look forward to everyday--your words! Thanks for giving me a little personal direction.

I love your picture! Thanks for sharing.
Amber

Farmgirl #505
"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries." --A.A. Milne
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  08:08:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Amber!
Get Raw. Have you ever gone the whole day without cooking your meals (eating out doesn't count). I am talking about eating only raw veggies and fruits for an entire day. It is scientifically proven that when you heat food you lose important vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Look at how healthy the Japanese are and they have been eating Sushi for thousands of years.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:23:05 AM  Show Profile
Heidi,

I'm still loving these. #18 (Dwell) is a great one and one that I'm doing now. I'm trying to focus on positive things for the rest of the day and onward. Thanks again for sharing this with us. And thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and that pic of your beautiful family!

Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  11:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Heide, we all really needed this.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  1:31:43 PM  Show Profile
ooooooooh Heide!!! What a FUNtastic picture of you all. Thank you so much for telling us more about yourself. Absolutely delicious!

This is rather an aside from the things you are sharing here but it is directed more toward you not wanting to be alone in having shared them in the first place. I know what it is like to throw yourself 'out there' and have silence returned. It is an incredibly vulnerable feeling that always seems to welcome self-doubt, anxiety, and eye-rolling negativity. This is why when people respond to your thoughts somehow you feel validated and reassured. It's nice to hear that you not alone, that people appreciate what you have to say. I get it. I totally get it.

But here's a thought for you;
Detachment: This is something I'm working on a great deal. I'm trying to put 'out there' my writing/journaling about Aria without needing the validation, without wanting it even. It is becoming more and more irrelevant to me. This isn't to say that those who write to me are irrelevant. Not in the least. I'm simply learning how to detach myself from the compliments and positive strokes. The reason is that the more I'm invested in these kinds of strokes, the more devastated I'll become when I get those strokes that aren't so nice. I feel great about myself when people say good things about me and I feel horrible about myself when I hear not-so-nice things. The reality is that I'm still me..perfectly imperfect! I can not be all encompassed by praise nor criticism.

I tell you this as a means of bolstering your confidence...to encourage you to keep putting yourself out there regardless if all you get in return is silence. Many of us are reading these daily. Many are responding and more are not but the message is getting out there nevertheless! I daresay, is there anything else that matters in terms of how you define your purpose in doing this?

Off the topic a wee bit too. I LOVED your comment about not wanting to burn bridges with deities! I, literally, burst out laughing! I understand your point so clearly. It never ceases to amaze me..the arrogance of humans to create deities after themselves! We are taught that we were created in the image of God so it makes sense that however we subscribe to God should somehow reflect what we see in our own mirrors. It is my belief, however, that the human experience is one where we ought to spend a little more time shedding our 'appearances' so we can better see the image of God dwelling within us all. I heard once said brilliantly, "I'm not a human being having a spiritual experience, rather I'm a spiritual being having a human experience."

My happy warm thoughts to you always!! ~julia

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2009 :  7:58:17 PM  Show Profile
Heide I love this! I'm reading daily and looking forward to each day's posting. I remember reading Simple Abundance years ago and waking up each morning eager to read the day's message. Thank you for sharing with us!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  08:52:46 AM  Show Profile
Julia~ Did you get a chance to watch this clip I added a week ago? I put it here below
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html
Ms. Gilbert is talking about exactly what you are with Detachment. I too am practicing. . .

Honestly, I am hungry for feedback because my mom was an extremely opinionated person, especially when it came to my life. With her gone, I feel sorta lost and aimless. This Christmas was very hard on me because Christmas was my mom's favorite all time holiday. It was obvious that it was going to be her last and she was not in good health to really even be a part of it.

I find so much solace in the MJ mags. I love how they ground me and in the Christmas issue, it hit on so many things going on in my live and distracted me from the things that were so painful to handle. I love them so much and they helped me in such a difficult time, I want to give back.

If there is anything I know it is the caregiver gives to everyone but themselves. This I have learned the hard way. I needed to be reminded to do things for myself and I didn't even know where to start. MJ mags remind me. So ultimately my success is measured by knowing I am helping MJ remind us hardworkin' Farm Girls we need to take a break and nurture ourselves so we can keep going.

So as I am practicing detachment from my work, I am grateful that it is appreciated and there is an audience. Because like you said, Julia, it can be a very vulnerable place. I didn’t know how my “to do lists” would be received but I felt such a need to post them in case there was one lady out there like me, needing a place to start.

SO I FEEL SO SUCCESSFUL TODAY!!!
THANK YOU MARY JANE BUTTERS AND ALL YOU WONDERFUL FARM GIRLS!

This one is dedicated to all of us...

#20 It is what it is. Do you know how much you are loved and how much you contribute to this world? Jaunt down the top 10 things you like about yourself, starting “I am” (try to not focus on your physical stuff) and 3 things you wish you could change. Then take the paper under tonight’s giant moon and shout out all your listed greatness, good and bad (I don’t care if you have neighbors, this won’t hurt them to hear). Then burn your list and watch your qualities and faults go up in smoke.

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  09:17:30 AM  Show Profile
It's going to be a beautiful night here in Atlanta. Listen and you'll here my shouting!

Dana

Go to Top of Page

Gardengal
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Terra
Prosser Wa
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Heide~this is so great, thanks!!
gardengal :-)

It's the little things...
Go to Top of Page

Gardengal
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Terra
Prosser Wa
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  10:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Heide, this is so great, thanks for thinking of this....I love it!

Terra

Go to Top of Page

Gardengal
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Terra
Prosser Wa
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2009 :  9:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Heide, I have just made time to read all of your daily posts...now I am caught up and don't plan on missing one! Oh, and I am so all-over the body painting...April fools or not! Thanks again, you are bringing new thoughts and concepts to my mind that are really refreshing..it's giving me the energy to leave the "norm" train of thought and venture out! Keep it up, you ROCK :-)

Go to Top of Page

hippiehenpam
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Pamela
Kingsport TN
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:14:37 AM  Show Profile
Heidi, I admire your uninhibited creativity...which probably wasn't encouraged by the Catholic background! I lived with a worrisome, judgmental mother, who had a lot of superstitions, and felt that God would punish us for our sins. I now know a very loving, forgiving God, and through Him, I am able to accept my mom for who she is without malice or resentment. She did the best she could, and I love her for that. My husband is a pastel artist, and she keeps asking when he is going to get a real job! It is so hard for her to think outside the box.
Congratulations for the creative woman that you have become! You have triumphantly marched to the beat of a different drummer. You are delightful! Thanks for sharing your precious family photo....it exudes simple happiness.

whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable .....think on these things Phil 4:8
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  06:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Heide, I must say I feel great after last nights assignment! I stood on the deck, moon behind me, river in front of me and bellowed my list and released it all! Moments later, applause was heard next door as my neighbors had been quietly sitting on their deck enjoying the quiet night!! LOL!! I thanked my adoring public and retired to the house!

Dana

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  08:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Can you believe it’s already 3 weeks of chores we’ve completed? Wow how time flies when you’re having fun. Again I want to thank you Farm Girls who are shoutin’ out. I love to know you find this refreshing and motivational. You GO Girls!

Blow sunshine up (well… let’s just say, a dark place, wink). Are you tired of being everybody’s cheerleader? Optimism is contagious and symptoms are usually feelings of foolishness and blind faith. The side effects vary per person but it is capable of taking an impossible situation and making it bearable; the risk is running out of juice. The best cure is random acts of kindness; go off this topic to anywhere in the MJ forum and find a Farm Chick that sounds interesting to you. Click her name and email her personally, asking for her address, to send her a surprise. Then fill an envelope with something like (tea bags, seeds, dollies, stickers. . .) no note necessary. Like the great Buddha has been know to say. . .
"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared."
- Buddha

Nude Food Farm
~Grown so good,
Dressing is Optional.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2009 :  12:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Dear dear Heide..This one touched me deeply. The thought that immediately came to mind was "why must we adorn ourselves with jewels when we are surrounded by gems whose radiance shines through the human Spirit."

You are such a gem and I find myself feeling quite beautiful having been touched by your radiance. What gift and I thank you!!
~blessings! julia

ps: would you please email me your mailing address?!

Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page