Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Are you taking care of yourself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic
Page: of 11

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  11:12:43 AM  Show Profile
PRAYER OF GRATITUDE TO THE TRICKY GODDESS OF BENEVOLENT MISCHIEF

All hail the Tricky Goddess of Benevolent Mischief, also known as the Cosmic Instigator of Healing Trouble. Let us praise and ratify her ingenious plan to turn the status quo upside-down.

The vivid exposure of greed, corruption, and delusion among the top echelons of the American political and financial hierarchy is a blessing on all of humanity.

The eruption of fertile chaos is making it difficult to carry on with business as usual, and we could not have received a more energizing gift.

A prayer:

Oh Wise Trickster Goddess, You Compassionate Conjurer of Relentless Change, You Righteous Rascal in Charge of Keeping a Steady Flow of Sacred Uproar Pouring into Our Lives:

Please continue to influence the masters of plutocracy and war and their media minions to be ever-more obvious as they spin out their perversions of your glorious creation, so that more and more of our sleeping tribe will wake up to the Open Secret.

Inspire the enforcers of mass hallucination to display their hypocrisy in an ever-escalating melodrama of spittle flecks and sour faces, as in a slapstick morality play from the Middle Ages, so that we, their captive audience, may convulse with purgative guffaws that shatter the mass hallucination.

And if you don't mind, Sweet Divine Rebel Goddess, please allow us to nurture a spark of hope that the breakdown in the Way Things Have Always Been Done will lead to fresh, hot, tidal-wave breakthroughs of beauty, truth, justice, equality and love everywhere we turn.

And now, in my capacity as Sacred Janitor of the Invisible Government of Sweaty Meditation,
I hereby declare the entire United States of America a Temporary Autonomous Zone.

As formulated by writer Hakim Bey, a Temporary Autonomous Zone (TAZ) is any festive event that liberates the imaginations of everyone present, thereby making it possible for life to be penetrated by the Marvelous. Authority and dignity and routine have no place at a TAZ; an uninhibited quest for rabble-rousing conviviality must be the only guideline. (See Bey's website.)

Here are a few suggestions, mostly from Bey, to get you started in creating your own local celebration of TAZ.

Organize a strike in your school or workplace on the grounds that it does not satisfy your need for indolence and spiritual beauty. Burglarize houses, but instead of stealing, leave behind beautiful and confusing gifts. Spread gossip about the unsung genius of people who don't get nearly enough credit for their good work. Take a few friends and a boom box to an all-night grocery store and engage in ecstatic, whirling dervish-style dancing in the aisles until you're thrown out. Scrawl the following graffiti in courthouse lavatories and on playground walls: "I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."

Scrawl the following poem by Hafiz (translated by Daniel Ladinsky) in courthouse lavatories, on playground walls, and through e-mail lists:

AT THIS PARTY

I don't want to be the only one here
Telling all the secrets --

Filling up all the bowls at this party,
Taking all the laughs.

I would like you
To start putting things on the table
That can also feed the soul
The way I do.

That way
We can invite
A hell of a lot more
Friends.

Text penned by the Infamous God of All Things Wise and Wonderful, Rob Brezsny
Images by Antero and Sylvi Alli
Wild, weird and wacky design by momcat---enjoy yourself!

Best,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Ah - CHANGE - that tricky, scary, sacred act that we are all propelled to partake of. How much time and worry and anxiety do we spend trying to avoid it, yet it is inevitable and the nature of all things. The very nature of the Universe is ever growing, ever changing, ever expanding yet it is the thing most humans fear the most because it entails uncertainty. Do we believe in abundance or do we believe in scarcity? Running from change, resisting the inevitable means embracing the very weft and warp of the idea of scarcity. Yet if we believe in abundance there is nothing to fear. The great adventure is calling....to live ones passions instead of settling for the illusion of security. Stagnation, resistance, depression - all ills of a stagnant, fearful of change society.

"Come dance with the west wind and touch on the Mountain tops, sail o'er the canyons and up to the stars, reach for the heavens, and hope for the future, and all that we can be and not what we are...." ----John Denver

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Heidi, could I use the sentence "I dare you to scare yourself with how beautiful you are."
in my signature line for a while???...if it's ok then I want to know who to give credit to.
I LOVE that sentence!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Put on the apron of humility.
1 Peter 5:5
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2009 :  1:49:52 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I believe it was written by Rob Brezsny.
Here is the link to his site, in my opinion he is one of the greatest oracles of our times.
http://freewillastrology.com/home.shtml

Shari,
you are so good. Thank you.

Best,
h

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only a Goddess knows how many apples are in a seed." ~anonymous
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile
First off I want to correct myself from yesterday, I meant
Sheri. not Shari, all apologies. . .

Second I wanted to share that today I did something I never thought I would do. I published a film I made years ago on the web. I made the film to help me get over a painful divorce to an abusive man. I hope that it encourages you to make and do things to symbolize and ritualize your growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmz2hwfKL9Q&feature=channel

Best,
h

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2009 :  5:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Every time a single human stands in their truth, it make it easier for every other human to do the same. We are all cut from the same cloth but the paths home may differ greatly. Take the time to tell your story to one human - let them see that you are strong enough to step out, speak up, and be who you are without worrying about another persons approval. Our physical package doesn't matter, it's just the way we chose to experience this life. We are all boundless spirits on this human plane - experiencing in this slowed down environment, learning and growing, teaching and sharing, loving and supporting, and yes, even hiding sometimes who we really are. Come out, come out where ever you are, who ever you are ---join the dance, realize the game and be one who stands proudly in their truth. By being who you really are you empower us all.

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  08:16:22 AM  Show Profile
AHhhhhhhh,
I think it is time for some more of these. . .
Is anyone else interested?

Watch Films by Heide at
http://www.youtube.com/user/strangesky
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  3:47:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heide - you know I am always game! I love these posts and I love responding to them too. I really missed this thread when it went away....

Blessings, Sheri

Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  07:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much Sheri, you are an amazing lady and this thread would have never been the same without your contributions. I am definitely considering doing some more. . . just don't know if this is the best place to post them. Maybe starting a blog would be better. I am mulling it over.

Watch Films by Heide at
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  11:14:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Keep us posted Heide! Will look wherever you write! HUGS!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  3:08:02 PM  Show Profile
heide love all your posts
keep them coming sister
we all need inspiration
in geed day and bad.
blessings and bless you deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  7:32:09 PM  Show Profile
I love this thread...I hope you will keep them coming...we all need inspirationg

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

NudeFoodFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Heide
Benton City WA
433 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  09:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much ladies for the positive encouragement! Much needed. I have been part of such a great thread who has pushed me to stay true to myself and keep on writing, that I think I am going to consolidate this thread with the other. br / br / So if you like the Are you taking care of yourself , follow this link. br / br / http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30691&whichpage=48

Again, super big thanks.

Watch Films by Heide at
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:52:14 PM  Show Profile
I just found this thread and dove in. I've spent way too much time late at night, now I put it in a favorites folder and will try to go back over it one day at a time or maybe too. That's about all I can handle and really savor. Thanks!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Are you taking care of yourself? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page