Page: of 46

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  5:23:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
No! It never ends, lol. I swear it seems like I just paid bills!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 04 2009 :  6:30:40 PM  Show Profile
ok, T.S., Amy~g & Annika..sounds like you gals need a play date this Saturday for the Rag Rug class at MaryJane's store....hint hint!
You can always do chores later....or delegate them to other family members! wink wink!
hey Marcy~jo,,,good for you getting the "troops" to help you....smart girl!
>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
"I've never met a sewing machine I didn't like!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 04 2009 6:32:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Grace!! Good to hear from you, can't believe I haven't met you yet either! You know, I actually have everything I need for those rugs, I just haven't had time to sit down and do them yet. I can't make it to a class tho, I'm the groundskeeper for our local cemetery and I'm trying to fight the weather to get the cemetery all beautiful for Memorial Day, Sat is supposed to be decent, so I'll be there working, thanks for the invite tho, :^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  06:43:54 AM  Show Profile
Hey if you all get together some time I would love to be included I was in Moscow just last week and you would never guess who I ran into.

Yes Mary Jane herself. I was so excited.

Please I would love to meet you gals.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
We will def give you a holler Diana!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:13:20 AM  Show Profile
On cleaning I would like to invent a riding vacume cleaner. My DH built a house with no female input and he built it wayyyyyyyyy to big.
I love the place but come on.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:16:04 AM  Show Profile
Hello Diana and Grace thank you for the invite. I will try to talk with Janice and come up with a day that is good for everyone to meet. It will be a few weeks off so I will try and put several dates and times past ya'all so we can hopefully all agree on something =) Cuz I would love to meet you too! MaryJane is a sweetie, isn't she? I love running into her at the market or in town sometimes, just such a nice surprise.

It's raining buckets here this morning! I think we are getting our April showers in May this year!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I know what you mean, TS! I feel the same way!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  07:29:39 AM  Show Profile
Aww man! I am so jealous!

My tomato plants are sky high. However, my egg yolk tomatoes did nothing. I dont think the seed was good.... although I find that hard to believe as I got it from BC!

Not much else happening. I finally got to meet up with fellow farmgirl and maven June.... (rubyjune) she is a sweetheart just as I thought. She brought me this pin(gift) made from seeds to look like a flower. Very unique! It will go on my jean jacket with all the others.

Welll, time to get back to the phones.... c-ya!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://harvestthyme.blogspot.com
~live big, ride hard, and shoot straight~
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:04:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Dawn, ya about frazzeled between chicks and SF? Hang in there!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  10:20:16 AM  Show Profile
Dawn , I SO want to meet you girl! I wish I had the bucks to come to SF, but you know I'll be there in spirit. Wish you could come to our hopeful meet up here in Moscow. It will be a coffee cluck =)
We'll all meet up at BB&B...just curious if we are going to have a Maven special get together of any kind at the old mill? A planned meet up I dunno? I think its the only day I'll be able to come to due to lack of transpo' and funds, and I want to meet as many Mavens as possible =)

...can't wait to get some of that farmgirl fabric!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 05 2009 :  4:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, farmgirl fabric.....I could get into some serious trouble. So I came home today to my son talking a mile a minute - I hate it when he blindsides me when I walk in the door - evidently the backyard fence fell down, so we can't put the dog out so she peed in the house (of course, what else would she do), the front door blew open so my sewing stuff has blown all over the house, meanwhile the dog is barking in time to Randy talking - why did I come home? Guess we'll be building the dog run this weekend after all:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  06:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Don't you love it Amy Grace when your life would seem like a slapstick movie if you just were not the main character? Hang in there girl! I can't wait to see that fabric too.

Annika as far as I know all the Mavens that are around for the BBB will be at the Old Mill. Originally several were coming to my place, Dawn, Lora, Marcy, Karen, seems like there were a couple of more, but so far Dawn is the only one that is actually got a ticket and I know is coming for sure. So, Mavens, it's less than two months to BBB, who is going to be there?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Edited by - Contrary Wife on May 06 2009 06:48:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  07:39:12 AM  Show Profile
good morning everybody! Raining cats and dogs here!!! We got 2 inches Friday...6 inches saturday night, so far 2 inches this am, and it's still just a pourin'. I'm so glad it was raining too much this weekend to plant all of my squash, pumpkin, cucumber, bean and melon seeds!!! They would all be washed away!!!

i also need a dozer or backhoe to clean my house at this point!!!! I spent 7 straight days going back and forth to my mothers new house helping her....and can ya'll believe what a mess my house ended up becoming????? Funny how quickly it piles up when you are only home long enough to make the messes...then have to leave to go help someone else! and just when DH and I thought we were actually FINALLY gonna have a weekend at home to do all of our chores that are WAY behind......his parents decided to change their minds and come to visit us a weekend early!!!!!! We haven't had a single relaxing day of down time in I don't even know how long!!!

Oh, well....I suppose it could always be worse!....this 3rd batch of tomatoes I started are looking really good so far! I started them April 22...and this time I started them in plain jane , no fertilizer added, potting soil....and they look great! Lets hope they continue to look this good!

Has anyone ever grown Giant cape gooseberries? mine are doing really good, I have had to repot them 3 times already..but each time I do...the stems shoot up like crazy! I think I'm gonna have to repot them again today, before they fall over....but how long am I gonna have to do this for???? Anyhow....anyone got any advice????

Hope you all have a good day!!! And I hope that I don't have to get the canoe out to go to town!!
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  2:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Hey kids!

Frazzeled isn't exactly the word. TIRED. Rain here too. I still dont have ANYTHING in the garden. Its still all in my house. I'm telling you, those of you coming to SF, are planting. I will feed you if you plant! The chicken business is booming still. Last year we lost 4 employees during the month of April and this year we lost....zero. Lets hope it stays this way. It's unreal. My chicks are good. Getting Lora's chicks in 2 weeks. So there will be all kinds of babies at SF. I still dont really know what I need to do for it other than cook. I'm just hanging on by a wing and a prayer. Crossing my fingers and hoping I sell enough to pay off my airline ticket (haha, the way I look at it HE owes me). I'm game for whatever TS wants to do. I have a feeling I'll be assisting at the cemetary and me thinks we are still on to do her floor. PLUS, she HAD to order chicks the same week I'm coming in (wink)so we will be doing that as well. I can't wait for BBB, I'm so excited and grateful for all of you. Anyone willing to take me in if TS gets sick of me???

I'm beat. Its raining and I'm gonna go join hubby and flop on the sofa.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  2:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Kelley: Sterling must be a total grouch by now..... has he mailed out my seed???HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Tell him I'm not gonna give him any sugar until he does! LOL!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Mavens,

I just got home. I spent the morning in CDA at a Log Cabin Spinners mtg. Not many showed up, but I enjoyed just sitting and spinning for three hours and not feeling like I had to go start the laundry, sweep the floor, etc.

Kelley I just planted my gooseberries yesterday. I'm excited to have them. Did you know they are like apples in the fact that they are full of natural pectin. Old timers used to make jam with whatever fruit they wanted and combined it with the gooseberries to make it jell up. Cool huh? How long did it take yours to come up?

I started another thread under ACROSS THE FENCE, called, CALLING ALL MAVENS, I just need to know who all is coming to the BBB and staying at my place. Please let me know.

Dawn I'm sure we can find something to do while you're here. Yes, there is the cemetery, my garden should be full of weeds by then, lol, then there's the floor, and the chicks, and I'm sure there's a bottle of wine or two that will need to be slayed *grin*.

Been rainy here, I might be able to work on Fri and Sat. I hate fighting the weather and trying to get the cemetery done for Mem. Day.

I heard a good song today on the way to town, don't remember who sings it, but it pretty much summed life up with these words: God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. LOL! Ta ta for now. Oh, and don't forget to have a sparkley day!!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 4

Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:40:56 PM  Show Profile
LMAO!!!! Yep...he got them mailed, but I don't think he did it until monday!!! But, he may have done it Saturday...not sure...just know that I glanced in his truck and saw the back of a manilla mailer that looked like yours in his truck sunday.....but then again, we get alot of mail in mailers like that also......but he said he definately mailed them!!!

Well...the rain stopped, but it has been a humid and muggy son of a youknow what ever since!!! So yucky I had to turn the AC on...only 85 degrees, but 92% humidity and absolutely no breezes of any sort!!! I soaked the arpits of my t-shirt while mopping my kitchen floor!

Hey Dawn...the listerine had no effect on the mosquitos....but I mixed it half and half with white vinegar and scrubbed my kitchen counter tops and mopped the floors with it...and WOW...talk about smelling clean!!!! I have always wondered if cleaning my kitchen counters with vinegar and lemon essential oil disinfected them and cleaned them well enough,,,,but I'm pretty darn sure that not much of anything stands a chance against that good ol' listerine!!!! Ya'll should try it. My house really "smells" clean and disinfected, but not lysol-y or hospital-y,,,,know what I mean??? It's just a good, fresh, clean scent!! Maybe it's because the listerine and vinegar marry so well, together they make a clean, crisp bouquet....LOL!!!!!

Well...Mildred McGobbleSticks saved my life this afternoon!!!!!
Ok.....She didn't exactly save my life, that was me being overly dramatic! But she did tell me that there was a snake right underneath me!! She was making her "popth, popth, perpth" noise and walking around in a very slow circle, then pooching her head and neck out right at the snake!!! I didn't see the snake at first, because it was under the deck step that I was standing on, but I had this weird feeling that she was telling me it was a snake...and sure enough, I looked down and it was a king snake!! the minute I ran it out of her sight with the shovel, she was fine and went on about her business!! Anyone who wants a good barnyard pet should seriously concider a female black spanish!! She is so loyal and sweet, and warns us when there are snakes and unwanted critters around....btw...she does not like the pet oppossum that has been coming into the sunroom in the evening and helping itself to her feed bin....but he's cute, and Emily finds him fascinating to watch (through the glass door of course)! So, as long as he keeps his distance and doesn't bother anything, he can stay too! Mildred Will just have to go sit on the front porch in the evenings instead of in the sunroom!

Anyhow, because of the rain I didn't get anything done in the garden, but I did get some dreaded indoor chores tackled....now it's time to start dinner.....arg.....a womans work is never done!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  3:49:02 PM  Show Profile
hey TS!! my gooseberries and wonderberries took about 2 1/2 weeks to germinate.....but I didn't remember that they supposedly need light to germinate...oooops! so, maybe if you didn't cover yours with soil they will sprout alot sooner than mine.....I was reading that because they have "fuzzy" stems like tomatoes that you can keep planting them deeper each time you pot them up just like tomatoes to make for a stronger root system..but you may already know that..so far it seems to be working I guess, mine are going crazy....their roots must be REALLY strong judging by how quickly thry keep shooting up each time I transplant them!!!
Go to Top of Page

gspringman
True Blue Farmgirl

387 Posts

Gail
Bonanza Oregon
USA
387 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  9:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Send gspringman a Yahoo! Message
Hello Mavens, Sounds like everyone is really busy. Amy Grace and Dawn- you girls rock at busy. We have had so much rain and strong winds lately that I can't get in any more gardening. I probably have washed out rows with what I did start. My seedlings inside are looking pretty scraggly and a few did'nt make it. Kelly sorry the one seeds did'nt make it, but glad the others are doing well. Wish we had your weather right now. I've been busy eating the heck out of pint size ice cream, only because I need the cartons for more seed starters :). I'm soooo ready for the BBB just to get away from winter like weather. I need outdoor time badly. The kind where you dig in the dirt and stay busy till the sun goes down kind.
Teresa Sue -saw your thread and sounds like there are Mavens who have'nt met in person. The way you all chat amoungst each other, I thought you all had met. Can you tell I'm new at this chat thing?
Cheryl- wine, nougats and the beach with family? You better hope we can start gardening soon. LOL

Gail
Farmgirl #486
Zone 5
http://grammasladybug.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us Friends.....Maryjanes made us Sisters
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  06:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Thats the beauty of Mavendom. Not many of us have met at all, but I really dont think we could be closer at heart! TS said in the veeerrrrrrry beginning that this chapter felt "different". We all connected on a much deeper level and we've stayed connected. That's what I love about being a Maven. I dont just have chapter members, I have family.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  06:29:06 AM  Show Profile
YIPPY SKIPPY!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  06:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Ok...gonna try again for the third time!!!!

YIPPIDY SKIPPIDY!!!!

Sterling brought home the best mothers day gift ever!!!!! 18 fifty year old wood framed glass windows that range from 2 ft by 2ft to 3 ft by 4ft!!!! ANNNNNNNNDDDDD.....he is gonna bring me 130 more that are 6ft by 4ft!!!!!! CAN YA"LL BELEIVE IT???????? ANDDD!! They were all free!!!

Can anyone guess why I'm so excited???? I've been wanting a boatload of old windows for 3 years now......and finally found a bunch that we could afford!!!! FREEEEEEE!!!!!!

Ok.....the first maven to guess it right will recieve a great big MAven High Five from me!!!!

Ok....I know..not much of a prize!!! But funny atleast. LOL!

Any GUESSERS?????
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  07:09:36 AM  Show Profile
uh....cold frames? Greenhouse? I got winders too ya know.... pbbbbbttttttth!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-QMD

Edited by - deeredawn on May 07 2009 07:10:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 07 2009 :  07:16:46 AM  Show Profile
LOL!!!!!! Ok....I guess it wasn't exactly hard to figure out, huh? Yep....I have a book that has some beautiful pictures of a greenhouse made of old woodframed windows and french doors....and for 3 years I've dreamed of Sterling building me one.....and now he can!!!!

Ok....Dawn gets the great big Maven High Five!!!!

Way to go Dawn!!!!!!

Plus...the ones we don't use for the greenhouse are going to be made into Wall art!! Wouldn't it be cool to have one whole wall of a room covered in old windows...with old black and white photos behind each pane????
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 46 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Maven Teatime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page