Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Trying to Kick the Sugar...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Trying to Kick the Sugar... Next Topic
Page: of 2

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  07:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
I love Stevia! I bought a pound of it (gallon bag size) and use it all the time. Whenever I brew teas I just put in a pinch or two. It doesn't take very much as it is so sweet. I find that if I use too much it gives the taste a whang. You can also get it in powder in packets at most grocery stores. It looks expensive but you only use a very small amount which makes it last a while. I find liquid in small bottles at my local health food store and like that over the powder to carry in my purse.

Blessings....
Sarah

www.mustangsuzie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2009 :  07:48:19 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie This might help The dr told me 3 yrs ago if I didnt change the way I eat I would be a diabetic Let me tell you I love sugar and made upmy mind to stop cold turkey Through a lot of prayer I did and its been 3 yrs and I STILL CRAVE IT but I feel so much more in control Give it a try HUGS Bert Bush
Go to Top of Page

Kerri
Farmgirl at Heart

5 Posts

Tara
Spring Lake Heights NJ
USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  6:08:03 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I know where you're coming from! Taking meds. twisted my sugar intake somewhat. Was forced to cut it out of my diet. I found the easiest way to adapt myself to this was using some other types of food to "trick" my appetite! Every morning before a meal, take a 1/3 cup drink of coconut water from a fresh young(green)coconut. A small cutting of the coconut meat as part of breakfast works great for the entire day on me. It slims one's appetite, & is m.nature's help to keep ourselfves slim;- for when we cheat. Having natural sugar is safer & definately more satisfying both mentally & physically. I lost over 5 pounds by it! Figs are great too. Hope this helps 'ya! Bye! Tara
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Trying to Kick the Sugar... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page