farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  5:26:44 PM  Show Profile
I printed off a DIY seed packet pattern and was gonna make them with mag pages, but came across my scrapbook paper (that I have never, and will never use because I have waaay too much) so...I can get 4 seed packs out of 1 - 12 by 12 inch piece of SB paper.....And you can buy the cute "Miss Elizabth's" SB paper at Dollar tree (6 sheets $1) so that's 24 packets for $1 if you don't already have a huge stash of it like I do.....just a thought....but remember...it is always better to recycle if you can...lol....but for you farmgirls who want "CUTE" seed packets...it's an idea!!

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2009 :  6:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Kelley, that is a good idea. Can you show some pics of yours???

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  4:26:24 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
Alright...gonna play stupid....I would like to know what all this is. I soooooo wanna start doing gardening, but don't have much of a green thumb, and need to learn the terms and stuff. Maybe if I could see things people talk about, I would understand more. And since your so close to me, maybe you can help out and send me pics or something.

P.S. Send you a message, did you get it??

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2009 :  7:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Kelley, What a great idea. I too have lots of SB paper that I am always looking gor different uses for. Don't have any seeds yet but am working on it. By the way, I looked you up on the TX map and you are really not that far from BeccaRoo. Hope you two can meet up some day. If you ever need to e-mail me I am at glendagoldenbp@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  12:10:29 PM  Show Profile
kelley, fantastic idea! i have a bunch too. do you just write on them or what?

inquiring minds want to know!

~~~Amanda in OK~~~

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves. ~Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  4:29:17 PM  Show Profile
When I do mine, I attach either a plain label, blank piece of plain cardstock, or a tag so the person can label them.

I do mine on my cricut, and can get 6 small (about 2 1/2") or 4 large (3 1/2")

I have been using my stash of scrapbook paper, but will start to reuse the seed catalogs and other magazines - great idea!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

"We are all better for contact and companionship with other people. We need such contact to polish off the rough corners of our minds and our manners, but it is a pitiful thing when anyone cannot, if necessary, stand by himself sufficient to himself and in good company even though alone." Laura Ingalls Wilder

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic CUTE DIY Seed Packet Idea Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page