Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Violet's first Week (some photos), and thanks.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet's first Week (some photos), and thanks. Next Topic
Page: of 6

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Violet will be induced on Friday, so before I got too darn busy, I thought I'd share photos of her nursery. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the green milk glass handles that I ordered from a local business (um...could have had them by now if I had ordered online, I suppose...) and I'm getting the run around, so you'll have to just see the cool vintage Goodwill purchase ($15.00) without...it's still rockin!

Here is the new rug from Dash & Albert, and the goodwill dresser with bookcase (yep, $15.00)

Here are some other self explanatory photos--this is the inside of her closet, blankets and bibs :)

Some "wubbies" and the inside of her crib

My mother in law made me take a photo of this so I could admit my "OCD" outloud. I think it looks really nice!!! This is the top drawer, the middle has sleep sacks and gowns and the bottom is cotton sleepers.

A little "farmgirl" corner...with an antique red rocker from Miss Wilma!

This glider was given to us by my mother in law, and I'm really proud of the way it turned out--it was originally covered in a fabric from 1982 that looked like a pair of pants that WHAM! might have worn...paint splattered. VERY 1980's. So, we covered each cushion in bassinet sheets :) Quick and Cheap fix!!!

Edited by - FebruaryViolet on Mar 08 2009 3:15:06 PM

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:33:47 PM  Show Profile
How beautiful! I bet you can't wait for Violet to arrive and settle into her new room and of course mommy's arms :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Diana...you bet. We're both very ready (my husband and I)...it appears that Violet is taking her sweet time, and will be induced early Friday. At least most things will be in order for her arrival, and that chair is sooo very nice!!!
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  5:18:27 PM  Show Profile
I giggled and then snorted when I read the Wham reference. HAHA. I so remember that little rocker! Lots of antique dolls have sat in it and lots of history with it.

I LOVE the little farm bib! How cute is that?!? :)

Can't wait to hear all about Miss Violet. My cousin on my other side of the family had her wee little girl this past Monday. Lots of babies floating around here. Don't worry, I'm not itching to have a kiddo yet. Spoil everyone elses & feed them sugar and send them home. HAHA

Jessica in KY
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  5:28:24 PM  Show Profile
The room is adorable! Miss Violet is such a lucky girl. Thanks for the update...I was just wondering what the status was since I was reminding Miss K about her routine checkup at Kosair Friday.

Can't wait to see pictures of the wee Miss Violet.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  6:35:14 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely nursery for a very lucky lil' farm girl. Babies are so much fun and doing a nursery for a girl is very special!! (I just got my first gal in May) Praying everything goes well on Friday!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  6:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It looks adorable!! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  7:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Very cute baby room. She will love it, I'm sure. I love the colors. You have done such a good job. It looks like it's all ready for a babe now.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  7:53:49 PM  Show Profile
What a sweet little room! Good luck on Friday.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  7:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh that room is so sweet, I was wondering how it was going for you and there you were. Sweet Miss Violet has the most precious room. What you ocd, no way, I love how organized everything is and much easier to find. Great job. The whole room put together is so very sweet girl.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:29:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Wowzer, girl! That room should be in a magazine! The rug just brings all the colors together and makes it all sing. That bookshelf dresser thingie is amazing...love that this much...(arms stretching as far as possible). And the little swan rocker. And the cool cow with attitude(hands on hips-cows have hips????) Did your dh do the nifty sign? Cool stuff everywhere!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Feb 26 2009 06:29:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  06:39:54 AM  Show Profile
She will certainly bloom in that room...the colors are so sweet and the rug is fabulous. My first child was overdue and I had toxemia so after a month in bed on my left side, i was told to report to the hospital on a Friday morning at 6 a.m. to be induced. thought I would have the baby by noon, and then go home. She wasn't born until 8 p.m. Sunday, but she was fine, that is all that matters.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  07:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
gosh, febvi, everything looks so wonderful and i cant wait to hear the news on your little sweetheart. glad i found this post today cause i will surely be thinking of you all day tomorrow and wishing i could be there with ya. but i will be in spirit!
good luck and i cant wait till you and jus get to hold that little sweetie!!!!!

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:08:45 AM  Show Profile
I am so impressed! My sister, an organization "nut" would love that room! It is so pretty...thanks for sharing
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Love the 'Cat and the Fiddle' wall art, too! :D And the real cat, doing some performance art and "just scopin' out the room, seein' where I'm gonna curl up".

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:28:12 AM  Show Profile
Ahwwwwwww.....what a wonderful place for that little flower to come home to!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  08:31:30 AM  Show Profile
What an adorable room!! Has your doctor ever mentioned striping the membranes to see if that gets things going? You could ask them to do that today to see if you start labor on your own before tomorrow. They did that with my first two (they just run their finger between your cervix and bag of water...quick and *fairly* painless) and I went into labor within 24 hours. I would give that a try before the real induction.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  11:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Violet surely has a beautiful room! I'm getting excited for you. I was thinking this morning "was she going to be a MarchViolet?". Hugs!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  1:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
i was wondering if the newest farmgirl had arrived...the room is beautiful and i'm feeling you on the overdue issue. tomorrows the day!

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  1:48:17 PM  Show Profile
Very sweet!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  8:03:41 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, girls, for all your dear comments and support. I am sitting, right now, in the hospital, waiting on little Violet, and in all honesty, feeling a little homesick, scared and a bit weepy, so please forgive my "missive". My dh just left to go home to take care of the dogs, and he'll be back first thing in the morning. There's no reason for him to stay here when I'm just going to be sleeping...

My bed isn't all that comfortable, and I'm missing my dogs something terrible. I don't go away from home all that much, and I'm out of my comfort zone, I guess. That's really childish, isn't it? I'm about to BE a mother, and I'm feeling a bit like a 4 year old.

I am excited about Violet's arrival, and can't wait to see her little face, hands and toes, so I'm not sure what my deal is otherwise, but the nurse made sure to tell me there are sleeping pills available, so I think...no, scratch that...I know I will be taking her up on that offer to keep me calm and resting for our big day tomorrow.

We arrived at the hospital at 6 pm, and were told to wait in the waiting room till called. My blood pressure was soooo up that about 25 minutes into waiting, the room got so hot, I felt like I was on fire from the inside, and could not stop my cheeks from flushing, and my neck was red and splotchy, so I had to ask if there was another waiting room!!! We were able to finally get into our room by 7:30 or so, and I didn't at all mind waiting--as long as I found a cooler place!

Apparently, they had 8 c-sections today, which put everything behind schedule and they didn't have any rooms for a time--which is why we were asked to wait in the waiting room. The staff seemed a little harried, and a few weren't as friendly as they could have been, but then the shift changed and everyone has been wonderful. My nurse, especially, is very kind and knows my doctor very well--she said he delivered both her children and loves how much he cares about his patients' well being. She said he's very cautious and always makes sure his patients get the best care and treatment from staff (or else he reports them...) He does appear to be a bit of a stinker, but if it's to make sure someone does their job correctly, then it's alright by me

Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  8:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Vi, cant wait for the little one, Maybe Janice and I can see her in April when we come to Burlington, Her room is darling, Soon you will be holding her in your arms. Wishing you both the very best and cant wait to see her pics. I love you little one

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  8:39:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Miss Wilma...I'm so glad you're "awake" with me. Hope your ribs are feeling better--I bet they're sure tender!!! I love you too, and can't wait for you and Janice to meet her. When is the first Burlington show? I head back to work April 6, but I'll be living for the weekends, and she'll be an old pro at "going" by then :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2009 :  11:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey there Girl!

Just lay back and relax! I know exactly how you feel! Doug abandoned me for my night in the hospital- the lousy wretch! LOL I think it just isn't their deal. They get so freaked about things like this. The beds aren't all that comfortable, but do the best you can, and don't be afraid to ask for extra pillows and blankets! Also if you think you are getting close to labor- try to eat some jello or pudding or something before labor begins! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  05:09:13 AM  Show Profile
Good Luck today Violet!!! My pryers and hugs are with you. The baby's room is soooo cute. I love her violet curtains. You will make a great Mom. Just remember that your little one will grow up so fast! So don't worry about the house so much and just enjoy every moment with her.

Lots of hugs and love ,

Tina~#455

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  05:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
This is the Big Day! I understand the 'missing the animals' thing. I'll be thinking of you all day today. Hello Violet!!! We're all out here waiting for you!

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Violet's first Week (some photos), and thanks. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page