Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2009 :  09:11:42 AM  Show Profile
I can't wait to start getting letters.... am so excited about this!!!!!! I have found some pretty stationary, and this is an excuse for me to go to Halmark for some pretty stickers...yay.

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile
If y'all don't mind my letters being typed (a touch of Arthritis keeps me from hand writing for any length of time!), I would love to join in this thread! I'm 50, my DH & I have a 60 acre farm where we raise cattle, chickens, guineas, pigs and veggies. I love to read, garden, hang out on my farm, bake, can and write. Anyone who wants to swap letters, just send me your address!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Gaelic Gardener
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Kelly
Providence Rhode Island
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  10:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Julie -- typed is fine -- it's just the nice surprise of getting something personal in the snail mail!
--Kelly

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  12:56:11 PM  Show Profile
i agree Kelly...it is such a nice surprise to get a letter in the mail:)

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

NancyV
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  1:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies....since when is 50ish old?!? I'm 48 and I'm hoping that this is the start of my second life, especially when meeting so many motivational Farmgirls like yourselves. I would also love to start pen paling with everyone. In reading all your messages, there's not one of you that I wouldn't think would be great to write to. So many wonderful interests we all have. Kelly, this was a really great idea! Anyone who would like to exchange snail mail can reach me at:
Nancy Vannerson
317 Columbia Avenue
Des Plaines, IL 60016
(just outside Chicago)

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #501
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  1:35:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited about this....i even went and baught a whole seperate little "Farmgirl" address book for everyones addresses....then , as i was cuaght up in the nostalgia of it all I had another great idea!!!! And this is just an idea for anyone who wants to do the same........I am looking for the perfect hat box or by this time next year, I may need a trunk....lol....Anyhow....the perfect, big, hat box or letter box of some type to decopauge up in FARMGIRL style to keep all of ya'lls letters in....not only will it be a pretty thing to look at in my house full of special words and such, but I hoping it will be one of those things that my 3 year old daughter will grow up being in awe of, knowing that it was a box of "stuff" that her mother treasured dearly, and when the time comes ( a long, long, long time from now) that I'm no longer here....I hope it will be one of those things that she will in turn treasure and hold on to.....Know what I mean?? Anywho, I think it would be great if the ones who think it's a good idea, did a "LETTER" box of their own, and then posted pictures of it one here for all of us to see!!!! Just and Idea!!!.....Now, off the computer for me and to my letter writting desk!!!
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  3:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Kelley
Sounds like a neat thing to do. I am so looking forward to writing and receiving letters from whoever wants to write to me!! This is such a good idea.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

NancyV
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  5:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Kelley, that's a great idea! I have plenty of stationery for this (a whole desk worth actually), but a box is a perfect project to get things rolling. Now I just have to find a place to get a hat box (because I love that idea the best).

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #501
Go to Top of Page

glendagoldenbp
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

glenda
cleburne tx
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  6:23:39 PM  Show Profile
Ladies- if anyone is near a Tuesday Morning, they sometimes have fantastic box options already decorated. Or maybe a craft store paper mache' (sp) box to decorate with vintage seed packages and old post cards? Good suggestion Kelley. Going to e-mail ya.

Sunrises are wonderous things, nobody should ever miss one.
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  7:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
I wanna do this!! I love all the good ideas girls come up with!! Just a little about me....I'm 27, been married for 3 years, and my son is about to turn 2 in April. I live in a rent house in East Texas right now, so I can't start a garden, but I really want to. :( I love making candles and soap when I have the chance. My son is my job at this point in time, and I would only trade it sometimes...j/k I would never trade it. My favorite thing to do outside is go to Renaissance Faires, but they only come around in Texas twice a year. I would go all the time if my hubby would let me...lol. I would really like to get to know some people in what I call "The Real World", since all I do most of the time is stay at home with the little guy.

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

NancyV
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  8:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca,
I joined the Farmgirl Sisterhood just after you! If you like Renaissance Faires you should read Nancy Atherton's mystery Aunt Dimity Slays The Dragon that just came out in February. Its about a Renaissance Faire that is started in England. Really good series of books.

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #501
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  8:19:29 PM  Show Profile
hey Beccaroo....we have so much in common!!! I'm 29, been married almost 5 years, have a 2 yo and a 3 yo, live in a rent house in east texas (but I do get a garden.....but I'll share with ya!!!) I have made soap a couple of times and loved it! My kids are my job, too...and I also like renaissance fairs, but we do more rendezvous (pre 1840 re-enactments, or the fur trade era to be exact)..and my 3 yo will be 4 in april also!! I tried returning your email the other night but have not heard back from ya, that's why I blabbed all of this here....but it will also let the other pen pally's get to know me better.....I am still trying to start a FarmGirl Chapter in our area and would love to hear from ya!!!

Glenda, I returned your email!!! Kelley
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  04:30:15 AM  Show Profile
I too am excited about this. I will write to everyone that writes to me. I think I'll even go out and get some Anne of Green Gables stationary seeing as how I live on "Anne's Island":)

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  5:47:38 PM  Show Profile
well.... i went out and found a cute little girlie photo box today to keep my letters and stationary in.. am going to write to a couple gals that have emailed me tonight,just gotta go to hallmark and find some pretty stickers now, and get to the post office for some farmgirl style stamps if they have some... maybe some john deere... who knows

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  03:56:47 AM  Show Profile
John Deere would be so cute! Last year we had all kinds of Anne of Green Gables stamps..thy're all gone now:(

farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

beccaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Rebecca
Grand Prairie Texas
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  09:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Send beccaroo a Yahoo! Message
I've been having trouble with my e-mail, so if anyone wants to e-mail me, it's beccagentry2000@yahoo.com

beccaroo
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  3:15:10 PM  Show Profile
ooh ooh, i want to send and recieve letters in the mail...i'm from los angeles, ca, but don't let that fool you! ive wanted a farm since i was teeny tiny! i started growing my own vegetables when i was about 9 years old. i love spinning, knitting, baking, cake decorating, sewing, paper crafts, roller derby, reading, painting, and animals. i hav e a beagle and two mice .
any takers??!! :)
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  3:17:22 PM  Show Profile
ooh ooh, i want to send and recieve letters in the mail...i'm from los angeles, ca, but don't let that fool you! ive wanted a farm since i was teeny tiny! i started growing my own vegetables when i was about 9 years old. i love spinning, knitting, baking, cake decorating, sewing, paper crafts, roller derby, reading, painting, and animals. i hav e a beagle and two mice .
any takers??!! :)oh and im almost 27.
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  9:30:59 PM  Show Profile
NancyV, would you like yet another pen pal?? If so please, tell me a bit about yourself...if you already did I think I missed it!oops!
Go to Top of Page

NancyV
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2009 :  1:17:56 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely, Valerie!
I posted my address in this thread. I joined MaryJane's Sisterhood because I'm really a farmgirl at heart. I hate the city and can't wait to move which my husband and I hope will be soon. I have a 22 year old son, Ben and three rescued dogs, two basset hounds and one huskie. I love to embroider, make dollhouse miniatures, and do digital photography. What I would like to learn (hopefully with help from everyone) is how to be a better cook, learn crocheting and tatting and anything new. Hope to hear from you soon, via snail mail.

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #501
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2009 :  10:59:03 PM  Show Profile
Yay! thanks Nancy! Can't wait to start!
HUGS!
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  2:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Got my first letter today.... Kelly sent me a wonderful letter today, and I just love the notecard she chose.. I have always loved Wonder Woman

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2009 :  8:46:33 PM  Show Profile
I received mail today. I am so excited!!! It's like Christmas in the mail box. Thank you. Toni
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  03:14:09 AM  Show Profile
I have gotten 3 letters and it is wonderful. As I stated before anyone who wishes to write do so and I will answer!!! Thanks to all who have written!!! So nice to get something besides bills and junk in the mail.
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2009 :  04:39:00 AM  Show Profile
I got a letter from Janie in waco! Thank you, you should be getting one from me anytime now!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page