Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lost Art of Letter Writing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic
Page: of 23

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  05:19:06 AM  Show Profile
Maggie, Emilie put a letter in the mailbox for you this morning on her way to school!

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2009 :  6:37:56 PM  Show Profile
Hallie,
I'll keep an eye for it. ;)

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2009 :  1:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Denise, I got your letter today and I think I only got half of it. It was 3 pages and left off with, I am.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  10:12:41 AM  Show Profile
Rae, Maggie, got your letters!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

“It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  5:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Can't wait to here back from you Hallie!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:12:28 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
I'll look around here and see if I missed a page somewhere. :(

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  6:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
alright Denise. I loved getting you letter!! Thanks again!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  8:46:11 PM  Show Profile
I enjoyed your quote on the rose bushs! Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic Gardener

Hello Ladies!
I'm so pleased with the response to my post! I'm going to sit down and write letters to you all this weekend. I look forward to getting to know all of you through honest-to-goodness, old-fashioned, put a stamp on it, letters!
slainte!
--Kelly

“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
Abraham Lincoln

Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  9:12:17 PM  Show Profile
I would enjoy writing with a farm girl sister who I have something in common with, so this is a bit about me....I am 50 yrs old, marreid, a believer, love my dog (wire fox terrier named Victoria), my boys, family, nature, people, simple pleasures in life. I also enjoy cooking. Giving things a new purpose from thrift stores, garage sales and even curbs. I enjoy sharing and giving to others. I enjoy the still quiet of the early mornings or late nights. What you see is what you get when it comes to me. I am very real. Went through a terrible time with depression several years ago and now love life more than ever. I have simplified my life. I also like antiques and decorate my home with all old. Warm and inviting. I enjoy reading. Have some sewing projects to do this winter creating aprons and little bears and dogs from old gloves. I love being in the country and near water. Enough about me...looking forward to writting. Denise L. Blank 200 S. Russell Ave. Aurora, Il 60506
Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2009 :  9:21:00 PM  Show Profile
HI, I too have Fibromyalgia. I also am a believer. We have someting in common. I just posted looking for a sister to share letter writting with and friendship. I am not preachy either. God has been good to me and I am also old fashioned in many ways. I loved the movie Fried Green tomatos as well. If you would like to write I would enjoy encouraging you with dealing with Fibro and all that comes with it. Hope to hear from you soon, Denise

quote:
Originally posted by countrykatgirly

Hey, y'all! I'm new here. Looking forward to joining the Farmgirl Sisterhood. I'm quiet until I get to know you but friendly & love to laugh. I'm German on Mother's side, Irish & English on Dad's. I'm a bit old-fashioned; I say "Ma'am" and "Sir", and expect to be treated like a lady. I consider myself a person of faith, along the lines of Unity and Joel Osteen. I'm not preachy; I'm still working on ME, LOL! I had a hard life when I was younger so I might understand more than you think. I've been with my guy almost 9 years, two spoiled cats to boot. I'm a former social work major, now learning to be a homemaker. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999 and multiple sclerosis (MS) in 2005. & I've done outreach about that. My guy's transgender so someone who understands would be good. I want to make some long-term friendships; I normally get along best with those on the quiet side. It would be great to have a prayer partner; I've not had one for many years.

Interests/Hobbies: Books, (used to be a supervisor and bookseller at Waldenbooks years ago, LOL), browsing thrift shops, cross stitch, organic gardening, saving money, nature, books on CD, simplicity, cats, baking, decorating, prayer, pod casts, FLYlady, music, DVD movies, history -- esp. Early American, Victorian, Depression Era, World War II Era, Irish, English & Scottish history including the royals. Getting interested in a more green lifestyle. I like antiques, Mission, Craftsman, vintage linens, shabby chic.

Favorite Music: Steven Curtis Chapman, Amy Grant, Kirk Franklin, Kenny Chesney, Hillsong, Clint Black, The Allman Brothers, Aretha Franklin, Frank Sinatra, Reba McEntire, Janis Joplin, Moby, George Jones, Anonymous 4. I like most kinds except rap or disco.

Favorite Movies: Norma Rae, Fried Green Tomatoes, ones by Catherine Cookson, Love Comes Softly series, Inn of the Sixth Happiness, The Notebook, Woman of Substance, Sleepless in Seattle, Spencer's Mountain, Monty Python stuff, anything by Tyler Perry.

Favorite TV Shows: The Waltons; The Wire; Christy; Starsky & Hutch; Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman; Northern Exposure; Law and Order; Prime Suspect; Inspector Lynley; Touched By An Angel; Upstairs, Downstairs, Homicide: Life on the Street.

Favorite Books/Magazines: James Lee Burke, Diana Gabaldon, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Debbie Macomber, LaVyrle Spencer, Joyce Meyer, Joel Osteen, Patricia Cornwell, Anne Labastille, Linda Lael Miller. Magazines: Romantic Country, Organic Gardening, Country Gardens, Mary Jane's Farm.

If you'd be interested in writing just let me know. Have a super day!

Appreciate the little things, for they are not really that little.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  07:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Denise, I hope you find a pen pal soon. You sound like a very sweet person so I'm sure you will find some soon! :)
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  11:04:04 AM  Show Profile
Denise your letter is on it's way!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

blackantsnpeonys
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Denise
Hinckley Illinois
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  4:40:49 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Maggie!
quote:
Originally posted by maggie14

Denise, I hope you find a pen pal soon. You sound like a very sweet person so I'm sure you will find some soon! :)
Maggie

Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  09:43:24 AM  Show Profile
blackantsnpeonys, I sent you a message. Sorry I am slow answering; I've been sick with some crud that I assume is bronchitis, LOL. I have been sleeping about 12 hours a day. I am working on a letter for you right now. Maggie, I am almost done with your letter. Should finish up tonight. Rae, I am starting on yours next. Hope to be getting to PO tomorrow, maybe, to see what goodies I have waiting there. :-)

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Edited by - countrykatgirly on Oct 19 2009 1:38:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  10:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Right on, Marian. I was worried about you.

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  2:46:44 PM  Show Profile
Rae, recieved your letter today and will be getting one out to you soon. Blessings,Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10
www.KKJD1.etsy.com
http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Right now I am working on letters to Rae, Julie, Jodi, Denise, and kristin. I'll try and get them all in the mail by Wednesday.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  6:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
Got your letter today and I am settling down with a cuppa tea to read it.

Maggie,
I am not sure what happened to the rest of your letter, I am still looking around here.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  7:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh, it is ok Denise. I just wanted to let you know. :) I'm going to write you letter tonight.
Maggie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  04:35:33 AM  Show Profile
ok Maggie. Looking forward to it!

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  09:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
hey Maggie! Just wanted to let you know that Caitie got your card in the mail the other day and sent a letter off for you yesterday.

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

countrykatgirly
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Hallie
Jordan NY
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  10:07:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Karen! Got your letter yesterday!

**Farmgirl Sister #622**

--Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Hallie,
Sent a letter out to you today!

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2009 :  10:37:32 AM  Show Profile
Rae, Your letter came today. Will get one out to you soon.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  2:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Letters when out to Rae, Toni, Julie, Emilie, Jodi, and Denise today.

And today I recived letters from Marlene, Jennifer, and Caitlin. I will send your letters out tomorrow. Thanks!!!
Maggie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lost Art of Letter Writing Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page