Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oscars Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  2:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I watched because I was sick on the couch. I thought most of the women looked classically beautiful. I was inspired by Sophia Loren's...well...hot body!!! Seriously, the woman is 74 and has the body of a 25 year old!! You must understand, this woman is one of my sheroes. I am Italian and she has the same coloring as me and shape and I can only pray I look that good at 74!! WOWZY!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:42:49 PM  Show Profile
She is always classically beautiful and voluptuous (sp?). She's one of those lucky people who has inherited great genes and never seems to age!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  06:07:12 AM  Show Profile
what did you think of penelope cruz's dress?? i thought it was beautiful! i couldn't believe it when they said it was vintage...60 years old?! i actually wasn't as crazy about kate winslett's dress and i didn't like the way her hair "didn't move"....i think she's looked better.... i don't know how old many of you are, but....didn't there seem to be a lot more movie stars...(and couple's) at the oscars years ago??
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  08:10:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
I thought Sophia Loren looked amazing!

I also noticed that about Kate's hair. Odd. But I'm so glad that she *finally* won.

Sue, I think that they're letting in too many 'tv' stars these days and child stars. It sounds snooty, but really, there is a difference. When you see Jessica Biel standing there and twenty feet away is Brad Pitt ... yeah, there's a difference. The tv stars bring down the glam factor. And when I say child stars, I mean the child stars like Miley Cyrus and the kids from High School Musical - mass produced, Disney child stars, not someone like Abigail Breslin or Dakota Fanning. I think the latter two have brought the Oscars *up* when they attended.

Movie stars these days only tend to come if they were nominated, have a project to promote, or if they were a winner from last year. In years past (like twenty years ago), they were contractually obligated to attend these events, so you always had a huge star gathering. These days stars have to have a reason to attend.

My farming blog: www.localfoodblog.blogspot.com

My living blog:
www.unprocessedfamily.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Oscars Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page