shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  7:28:12 PM  Show Profile
Such good advice here ladies... as ALWAYS!!! ((Smile!))

At least your hubby apologized! And, if it's in the dump, maybe you can STILL get it back? I'd be sooooo there lookin' for it!!!! I'd make HIM go with me so he could help find it.

My husband still hasn't apologized for burning my stuff, but I realized, it really doesn't matter that much. And, like you said Sheila, he's the man God chose for me. I know that with ALL my heart. He's not perfect-- and neither am I. We've been married almost 20yrs-- and time has flown so fast!!! I guess, if things were so very bad between us, we certainly wouldn't have lasted THIS LONG!!! And I can see us as a crochety old couple, so I know there are A LOT more years we'll be spending together!

Sandra K.-- how nice of you to offer your home to "troubled" sisters. Sounds like a very nice place where you live. I'm a FIRM believer in "Mini-Vacations." Two or three days away from home, someplace peaceful, preferably near the BEACH, and I'm good for quite awhile. My sister and I took a short vacation in Fall of 2007 and it was wonderful!!! We stayed the night at the most GORGEOUS Vinyard in the Santa Barbara Hills (We delivered a lamb bought by the owners and they opened up their home to us. What a SHOWPLACE! Just breathtaking. They were the NICEST people too) We spent the next two days traveling along the coast. It was FABULOUS!! It's 2009 now, time for ANOTHER trip!!! Hugs ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
You know, Sheila, I am sorry that you lost your lovely lace bedspread! But you have to admit that the laughs you must be getting from these posts are at least a little consolation. It had me laughing on the floor! And what a sweet offer to all to come and visit in troubled times, Sandra. Biggest Hug, Sheila!

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  12:54:42 PM  Show Profile
Sheila, Just had to say what I've always thought when I read your posts: you are a wonderful person.
Go to Top of Page

Mistypearl
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Misty
Sumter SC
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Being recently re-married-I have yet to have the fight about what is stuff, and what is junk. However, the first one-hubby, that is, was a regular pain in the whatchamacallit about my craft stuff, and regularly found excuses to conveinently move, or lose things that belonged to me...he could never understand my need to be, as he called it, "in constant motion." I got him back, however, LOL, when I constant-motioned my hinnie right on out the door and down the road! We can laugh about it now, but I can't tell you how mad I used to get when he called my craft projects junk, or belittled the hard work it took to create something for us to use. Funny thing is, today, when we talk,(and we do frequently, having decided we make wonderful friends, rather than partners), he often mentioned that he wishes the day would come back when I was sitting with him on the couch, just "doing one of those things." Funny how the perspective changes, isn't it? My wonderful hubby of one year and one month loves my craftiness, and he even pitches in to help now and then. He also built a beautiful corner craft cabinet for me to help keep all of my different projects organized. Ain't I so lucky?

Smile-oh yea, you will still get wrinkles, but at least they will be wrinkles worth seeing!

Edited by - Mistypearl on Feb 25 2009 2:32:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I like your tagline! :-) SMILE!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mad At Hubby; Pinkroses Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page