2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  05:08:31 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
I am so mad at my hubby this morning!!
As you know we have been de-clutting and doanting, and getting rid of things ; so we can move into our new home when it is finished.
Well.
Yesterday we were de-clutting.
I was down stairs packing up some material
3 big boxes ; a few more to pack
I told Hubby not to throw away a Filet Crocheted Bespread I made when was pregnant with my son 29 years ago
It was white with Filet crocheted butterflies. with pink roses I crocheted in each corner of the square
He trhew it out !!!!!!!!!
I am so mad I could spit nails
I told him I wanted to keep it ;.
It just makes me plain mad when you tell your hubby not to do something and then he goes and does it anyways.
I know I have to get over this But;
I worked hard on that spread.
To think I spent almost a year and half on it and He goes and throws it away.
Ugh !! Makes me so mad .
Hugs ; Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh that is Horrible Sheila! Is there anyway you can get it back?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Shelia just tell him he just got throwing away a good house payment

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:23:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear that Sheila. Can it still be found where he took it? I hope you can get it back.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  06:23:54 AM  Show Profile
I know just what you are feeling. I spent over a year knitting Ole Ron a sweater. It had buffalo all over it. That ment changing colors of yarn many times over. Then I put a zipper in it and lined it. Well he gave it away. It was a very long time before I realized it was gone. I kept pressuring him to try to get it back and he finally told me that he gave it to a neighbor, then the neighbor's house burned down. UGHHHH
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Pink....I'm beginning to think that sometime during the last few weeks that aliens have come and taken our husbands and left us with the most assorted pile of worthless males ever developed.....

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  09:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear that Sheila, I know that must have meant a lot to you. Is there something of his you can throw away?. HA I think.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I second that!!!!! Good one Nancy Jo.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  10:32:59 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry your precious bedspread is gone, Sheila. It must have meant a lot for you to save it all these years. When you say "threw it out" is it gone irretrievably? Could you dig it out and save it?

And it's not just men who do this! When I left home, I packed my childhood toys and treasures into the drawers of my old dresser and pushed it into a corner of the closet. I told my younger sister I would come home and remove that stuff if it was ever in her way. Well, she pitched it all one day and never told me until I moved back to my hometown and came to get it. I was so mad I didn't want to talk to her for months.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Sigh.... this must be the week for husbands to be jerks!!! Mine burned up the oak High chair my kids all used (and I was saving for my somday-grand-babies!!!) AND my wicker patio chairs. They had backs in the shape of hearts and I almost had to get into a PHYSICAL altercation over them with a woman at the thrift store where I bought them!!! I'd left them at the counter and told the girl I was going to buy them. She said "OK. They'll be fine there." When I came back to pay for them a few minutes later-- one of them was GONE!! I searched that store until I found this lady dragging it along behind her. I told her "Um, excuse me! That's MY chair!" She tried to argue with me and I was about READY TO CLOBBER HER when her husband told her "Just GIVE HER THE CHAIR!!!"

I brought them home fixed them up and had them on my porch for YEARS. I put them in the shed one Winter as they were getting a little worn and needed a little more TLC-- but STILL!!! Those were MY chairs! And the high chair.... that REALLY upset me. I wanted to throw HIM in the fire too! I told him "ALL your stuff looks like CRAP to me, so I guess that means that if I think it's trash I can throw it away too, huh?" He ran and hid in the shed and wouldn't talk to me after that. Lucky for him I didn't have time to beat the crap out of him 'cause I had a Birthday dinner to go to.

But your blanket Sheila!!! I've done fillet crochet and I know how time consuming it is!! And the memories you have while you spent so much time creating it... especially while carrying your little one. Did he not realize he got rid of a family HEIRLOOM?? My heart just breaks for you!

And hey, Debbie? If the Aliens came and took my husband and replaced him with THIS one? Well.... they can come back and get him... and keep them BOTH!!!! (LOL!!!) ~~ Hugs~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  2:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Girls
Thanks so much for comforting me
Hubby said he was sorry; I know he didn't mean it.
I thought maybe he put it in the trash here
But, He said he took it to the dump.
Well, girls.
It is gone for sure.
Oh well,
Nancy,
I am not that mean to throw his stuff away on purpose.
And about those aliens.Ha.
I beleive they did come and do something,
I love Hubby; but sometimes.
He just plain is orny old man. Ha.
Hugs Sheila

Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Have you ever seen the movie The First Wives Club I think? She takes all his belongings...puts them in his nice red corvette and sets the whole shabang on fire!!!! Good One!!!! I bet he didn't mess with her again! LOL!
So sorry about the chairs, the bedspread and the high chair girlfriends! When I was newly married I had nada but I did have couple nice pieces of antique furniture...long story short...my husband did not move them but left them though he promised he would make sure they got moved.....and inside....all my Beatles albums! Needless to say we are no longer married....but it took many more years of disrespecting my wishes before I had enough and told him not to let the door hit him in the #$@%&*! Ha! Ha! I have never been so happy....it's been 15 years and I should have done it 20 years before that! LOL! But that was just him...I'm sure there's got to be some out there that have redeeming qualities....I just stopped looking. I did learn though that forgiveness is a gift to yourself.

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Sorry about the divorce
I love hubby very much, and I know he was meant for me.
so, I will have to forgive him, hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:39:02 PM  Show Profile
Boys are DUMB! This has been my idea all my life they are Dumb and they just can't help it.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  5:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Tee Hee, I agree with ya. hugs sheila

Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  08:57:58 AM  Show Profile
I keep daydreaming about winning a huge lottery, packing up a few of my collections, all my clothes and all the stuff in my sewing room and walking out the door, while yelling asta la vista baby as I'm heading down the road.....but I guess I gotta buy a lottery ticket first huh? I honestly wonder when our youngest son graduates from high school in 2010, what in the world is gonna keep me here?

Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Debbie and you other gals....before you "throw in the towel" you should come down and stay at my house for a week or so and have time to rest and clear your head. I would only ask for donations for food but other than that you could stay for free.
I often would hear of the rich and movie stars having "nervous breakdowns" but never anyone poor or middle class. I never had the time or the money but I often think if I had had a place to go to get away, to unwind and clear my head and get grounded that maybe I wouldn't have kept pushing myself until I got sick. I still would have divorced the ex because he was going out on me and that's a deal breaker for me and it wasn't the first time...I'm sort of the "3 strikes and you're out" type person...I do give extra chances though. Anyway, if any of you want to take me up on this feel free to do so. I have a dog and cat and me. The phone rarely rings, no one comes to my door and there is woods and lake and fairly decent temps with no snow on the ground. I have more books, on every topic imaginable, than the library here in town practically. There is a gym nearby, I have a pilates machine and there's resorts where you can play golf, swim in heated pools, have a whirlpool/jacuzzi whatever and rent boats and stuff on the lake. There are miles and miles of places to walk and hike and my friend owns the local quilt shop which is like a second home even though I'm just learning to quilt...cutest place in town! Anyway....just trying to uplift anyone who might need it...sometimes all we need is a hand up to begin life again and give it the Gusto! Plus, I might add, my daughter LOVES the drive down here....she drives her and the baby by herself and she says the drive alone is so pretty and restful...imagine that...a 9 hour drive with a baby and she calls it restful! That's my girl!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:43:40 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sandra...here I come!!
oh well, I am too far away. In northeast PA...sure sounds nice though.

I hear there is a quilt shop in a town not too far away from me and I'm gonna go....I thinkk I could find it. Maybe I'll make friends there too!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Shelia, I am so sorry to hear about your bedspead. I know how long and hard it was to make for you and how much it must have meant to you. Sometimes men are just thoughtless (sometimes women too) so it really is best to forgive him (but it doesn't hurt to remind him every now and then to be careful because he threw something wonderful away!) :)
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Sheila, that is so sad and disapointing. I am sure he didn't mean to hurt you and you are right to forgive.

When I was a young adult and living with my mother I had learned to crochet and was making myself a nice poncho....she hated to watch me and complained enough I had to hide just to work on it (she was not a nice person).
Anyway when I was gone one day she deliberately threw it out! almost done too....she gave some lame excuse. She was a mental case. What I did was decide she was not going to stop me and I got the same yarn again and kept at it so she didn't see me and made it again. I wore it for years.

Have you thought about starting a new one? Take joy in it and plan to make it georgeous! That would help me.

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Linda....you are a Saint with a capital "S"....you're also very smart to realize it wasn't your problem but hers and to have the strength to forgive her....especially since it was your Mom....we have such big expectations of our parents and especially of our Mothers. My parents were good people but my Dad spent his life trying to break my spirit and neither of them were too affectionate nor did they make it a secret that they had both wanted a boy! LOL! Oh well....but it does hurt even after all these years but thank God it sounds like we both figured out how NOT to be that type of parent. I've seen lots of jealousy between families which is sad but on the other hand...we wouldn't be the strong people we've become and maybe it helped us be more compassionate with others? After all these years I figure experiences have something to teach us and for that I am grateful that it wasn't for naught!
Great idea to make another one! And Pinkroses....your hubby would have to watch you EVERY night working on it and you could heave heavy sighs at appropriate intervals and he would have to sit there for months at a time remembering what he did! That ought to drive it home! Ha! Ha!

Farmgirl Sister #226

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  1:44:06 PM  Show Profile
love the idea of making another one in front of him! if you need some crochet thread to do it with , let me know! I will send it to you..i have tons of pink and white crochet #10 thread.....and really sigh....:)
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  4:10:35 PM  Show Profile
I am making a bedspread already it is a hexagon in ecru ,
it has popcorns in it
There are over 300 of them
I need to do quite a bit more
it is fun making them
Linda
Sometimes, partents can be so cruel,
sometimes even with out thinking about it.
Thanks Girls; It helps to have yal to comfort me.
hugs Sheila

Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:27:31 PM  Show Profile
New...again to MJF and new to this thread.

Gals, I think this is a 'guy thing'. To prove my point...Daddy tells Mother, "Let's have a yard sale." Mom says, "Okay, gather up your stuff and take it to the garage. We'll collect it all, tag it and get ready for the sale."
A few days go by, Mother goes to see what Daddy's collected and It's All Her Stuff! Not a bit of anything that belongs to Daddy!
Mother, steaming, said, "What's with all my stuff? Where's your stuff to sell?"
Daddy told her, "Oh, I don't have anything to sell; I'm just helping you get rid of your junk."
Needless to say, the yard sale never took place.
Sheila, I am so sorry your bedspread is gone but, really, it's not worth going to jail! -smile-

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Thisle
that is cute.
I know of another couple that the guy does that.
Why do they think our things are junk???? ha. sheila

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
did anyone ever see George Carlin's act about "stuff"....one of the things he says is "did you ever notice that everyone elses stuff is sh__ and yours is stuff" LOL he is so funny

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Mad At Hubby; Pinkroses Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page