Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Ok, ladies...we have taken the plunge!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok, ladies...we have taken the plunge!! Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  09:41:07 AM  Show Profile
I think I posted about how sick we were with influenza and had to take some time off. So, we're sitting around the house and realized that we're very content and actually HAPPY and we don't want to go back on the truck. If we have to, we will but not by choice.

Our company has slowed down so much that our boss said it was okay to take a breather. So we have decided that we're going to make a life cuz we only have 20-30 years left and I'm ready to enjoy some of the fruits!

So we have looked at various places and are going today to look at more. I want to live in the country, don't do so well in town. Must have my horse(s) at home. Want a garden, not just containers, but a real one. I've applied for some jobs but haven't heard anything yet.

My widowed daughter and I are rehabbing horses and she's doing very well. I'm doing more horse stuff now also and getting a good reception.

I'm meeting people in the community now and actually feel a part of this one altho we may move off, still I get to sit and talk to folks and to know them! I'm on the community center's 'net right now as I don't see a reason to put the net in at the house till we figger where we're going to park it. I'm ready to put down a few roots for right now and let them grow.

So, I thought I'd let everyone know how it goes and it's kind of scary but we're adults and think we can handle this! hehehe...

I'll be back on tmr or so and maybe can be a bit more of a regular poster.

Winona

horseinfoperson.blogspot.com

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  10:04:56 AM  Show Profile
Glad to have you I wish we could get away from the trucking industry but it really doesn't look like it will happen for a while.

Good luck

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  10:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Congratulations, Winona. It sounds like things are on the upswing for you all. I'm happy to hear your good news! :) Keep us posted on the hunt for your 'right place'.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  3:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Well good for you! Trucking is hard on a person. I hope you do find the perfect place for you both to enjoy your "golden" years.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  5:15:10 PM  Show Profile
New...again to MJF and new to this thread. Sorry you've been sick and have you heard about Sambucol? It's an elderberry extract, by an Hebrew female scientist and works to boost the immune system AND to prevent illness from gaining a hold. It shortens viral illnesses when begun at first signs of illness. We've had success with colds that lasted less than three days, shortened influenza episodes, etc.
It may, usually, be purchased at any vitamin or health food store but it's gone up, dreadfully, in cost. There was an article last October which raved about it and the mfg., or someone, raised the price. It's still cheaper than a doctor's visit and it's an all natural remedy.
NYAA, I just use the stuff.

Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  11:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Winona,
I am happy you are enjoying life and having a good time with your hubby. Glad that you are enjoying your community instead of your big yellow truck!!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on deciding to find a permanent nest for yourselves! I hope you find the perfect place that meets your needs! You'll know it when you walk in the door & think, I'm home!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  11:08:29 AM  Show Profile
Hubs and I talked a bit this AM and really got down to brass tacks. It's kind of scary in a way, we have so many possibilities that it's almost mind boggling! What kind of house, which neighborhood and what kind of people live there, upkeep, electricity bills, taking care of the lawn...all sorts of stuff! Stuff I haven't had to deal with in years! Oh, and TAXES...now, there's a bummer...

So, we are slowing down and really thinking and trying to talk about every conceivable point or idea. Trying to cover the bases the best we can.

Then about jobs...trying to figger out what we want to do as I don't want to do long-haul anymore. I don't mind driving locally but I want to be home. So have applied and we'll just have to see what comes of it.

One more thing...I might actually have some real-life FRIENDS too. Not that you guys aren't my cyber friends but friends that I can have coffee with and yack about the weather or my new-found love, cooking.

Sort of daunting but I'm looking forward to it.

Winona :-)

horseinfoperson.blogspot.com

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  12:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona- I am glad you guys can slow down a bit and settle in! *hugs* I am sure you will find a great place! I am sure your horse is happy to see you more too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ok, ladies...we have taken the plunge!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page