Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 morning ritual..what's yours?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic morning ritual..what's yours? Next Topic
Page: of 2

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  7:53:41 PM  Show Profile
I seem to do the same thing every morning and would like to hear your daily rituals......

1. 7:00 AM (or abouts) stretch..stay in bed for about 5 minutes
till I'm totally awake.

2. Pitter-patter into the kitchen and grab that cup of coffee.
Stand by the window and look out over the yard and enjoy and
appreciate all that's growing that I've planted. Give an extra
special thanks for the native things that have been growing
around our property long before I ever came along (that will
no doubt still be there once I'm somewhere else).

3. Know in my heart that I'll be able to handle whatever comes
along for that day.

4. Mentally plan ABOUT what needs to be done that day.

5. I then take a deep breath and hop into the shower, put
on that make-up and go like a water drop on a hot griddle
for the rest of the day!!!! (well, maybe not quite that fast!)

Please share YOUR ritual!

http://curlywillowsranch.blogspot.com/
http://alteredshots.blogspot.com/

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  8:03:08 PM  Show Profile
Up at six am into the shower get dressed grab a cup of black coffee and out in the yard with the dogs to walk around for about 10 minutes - we have two acres, then back in to get the kids up for school, breakfast, make lunches and away we go,kids to school, me to work, then after work its dinner, followed by some type of sport one of the kids is into, followed by homework, and bedtime. Pretty much the same except for spring and summer and fall when we through in the planting, gardening, etc.
Busy all the time. Ingrid

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  8:09:06 PM  Show Profile
Coffee first thing. Then outside to feed animals. Right now goats are dry waiting to kid, otherwise I'd be milking. Back in to make breakfast. Clean up. Do Bible study. Then whatever happens next. But basically every morning is about the same here. Til planting and harvest time. Then not much time for anything else, cept goat stuff.

Morning is my favorite time. I can get lots done.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  9:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't have a set routine really. I try to stay in bed as long as I can, then fall out of bed when Nora cries to be let out of her bedroom when she wakes up. I turn on the heater if the house is cold and get Nora something to eat. While she eats her Cherrios or Oatmeal, I get a shower or if it is really early, we cuddle on the couch until we are ready to face the day. Then I usually hop online to check email and see what you ladies are up to then cleaning up after breakfast and doing laundry/taking care of Nora/dishes or homework.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2009 :  10:14:20 PM  Show Profile
I am VERY routine oriented. Right now my morning routine is not my favorite during the week..but it IS routine. ( I am just not into the early morning milking)
I get up at 5:45 or thereabouts and get my overalls and jacket on while oldest daughter washes the milking equipment. I drink a glass of water and then we go out at 6am and I milk Mona while she feeds all the critters and helps me carry things back inside.(takes about 30 min or so if all goes right) Husband gets the other kids up and dressing while we are outside...then when we get back inside I feed the kids breakfast and usually throw in a load of laundry while they eat, then get them out the door at 7:25 to go to the bus stop. Then I eat a quick bowl of oatmeal (I LOVE oatmeal and have it at least 5 days a week), go out and start my car up at 7:45 (it is still very cold here)and put a refillable bottle of water in my purse and get myself ready to leave for work at 8am. ONly 2 blocks away so I allow 5 min. to get there.
I really set myself up the night before...the kid's places at the table are set, lunches are made and in the fridge for the next morning...I even usually get my oatmeal set up and ready to cook, and an herbal teabag in my cup and the teakettle full of water ready to turn on. Clothes are laid out and the kid's backpacks are ready (usually) too. Things are very much more laid back in the summer time. Most of the same stuff, but later and not so rushed. Summertime sounds nice on Mondays!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  07:45:28 AM  Show Profile
My morning begins as it has for the 27 years I have been with my husband. He wakes me up at 8 then brings a pot of coffee and my favorite mug to me in bed. I barely function for an hour as i drink coffee and count my blessings. Then rise to make breakfast for the two of us and then see him off to work. I then have a couple of hours of quiet before my 14 year old daughter wakes for a day of home schooling and errands. Even when we had all 3 kids home and home schooling, I had to have my quiet time in bed with coffee so my DH would wake me at 6 am inorder to have my hour! I am happy to have one home and an 8 am wake up call! The mornings are my favorite time of day!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  08:01:45 AM  Show Profile
My day, roughly -

The alarm goes off at 4:20. I get up, start the coffee, let the dog out, pack hubby's lunch & thermos. He & I chat as he's getting ready for work. I make the 2nd pot of coffee for me to start my day after I send him off. I read my devotional. Pop online for awhile. My girls wake up at 6:45 then it's time to get them off to school. Breakfast, clothing choices, packing their lunches. Take them to school, back home to do general housework or errands - whatever is planned for the day. I work for 1 hour each day at the school. Then back home for housework & dinner prep. We eat early here so the girls can finish homework and we can have family time each evening.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  08:11:46 AM  Show Profile
6:15 - Get up and take a shower
6:25 - Get back in bed
6:50 - Get up, do hair get dressed
7:00 - Have cereal, vitamins, brush teeth
7:10 - Put on make-up
7:15 - 7:20 sit around wondering why it takes my husband so long to get ready
7:20-7:25 leave for work

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  08:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Alee - my nephew who is just a little younger than Nora has taken to knocking on the inside of his door and yelling MOM when he wakes up. It is really funny!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Niamh
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Idaho
140 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  09:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Niamh a Yahoo! Message
The season and the three young kids make for no ritual in my house right now. We've fallen out of sync. I do better with a ritual, as do two of my kids. I need to work on this this week, I think.

My farming blog: www.localfoodblog.blogspot.com

My living blog:
www.unprocessedfamily.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  12:36:32 PM  Show Profile
the alarm goes off at 3:30, I get up at 3:45, make the coffee, walk the dog, and am out the door headed to work by 4:45 every day unless I have one of my rare days off.. then I sleep in until around 6...

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  1:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I get up at 6:45, turn on the computer, let the dog out, get Charlie's juice and medication on the table, get dressed, wash my face with soap and water and moisturize, try to fix my hair, wake up Charlie at 7, feed him breakfast, dress, brush teeth and hair, out the door, hopefully before 7:35-7:40.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  2:19:36 PM  Show Profile
This has been fun knowing how others start their day!!! Thanks for sharing.

Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:13:42 PM  Show Profile
I wake up at 5:50am and wake up my 11 year old for middle school. I go downstairs, make coffee, empty dishwasher and make breakfast for 11 year old. I pack his lunch while he eats and then he goes to the bus stop at 6:50. I then jump in the shower and get dressed/make up on for the day. Wake the younger 3 kids at 7:30. Get them their breakfast, pack their lunches, get them dressed and to the bus stop by 8:30. If I am volunteering that day than I take them to school.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  3:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy...I've got a strange one...I don't set the alarm but I usually get up between 6 and 7:00 a.m.. I make coffee, let the dog out and then go back to bed and journal for an hour. I then take a bath and clean up the house which includes making the bed, washing up the dishes and doing any laundry that needs doing and THEN I start my day which by now about NOON! LOL!
Oh....and talk on this chat room.....hmmmm maybe that's the reason I get so little done?!?!?!?

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  4:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Sue - what do you do that you have to get up so early? My goodness, I don't know how you do it!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

ranchetta
True Blue Farmgirl

318 Posts

carol
Marysville Wahington
USA
318 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  7:22:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Dawn..........(4For Me) Great that you're a volunteer!
It's so wonderful to do that!

Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  8:01:33 PM  Show Profile
I wake up between 6:45-7:00 (no alarm, thank goodness), get up after about 20 minutes, say prayers in the shower, get dressed. Make bed with husband who gets up then, we go downstairs together to make coffee/tea, empty dishwasher. Wake up #3 son at 8:00 to start homeschooling around 8:30-9:00. Do some laundry, work on bills or grocery list, answer emails, read paper, do school. Favorite breakfast is tomato/basil sandwich on a piece of whole wheat toast. I love mornings!
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  8:03:18 PM  Show Profile
I am up at 6 or earlier, get the dogs outside and walk and play frisbee, then off to the gym.
Back home to tidy up the house, my honey makes us breakfast and then get cleaned up and off to work, back home late at night, eat whatever I can find in the fridge, and get ready for bed to do it all over again the next day. I love my days off, which we all don't have enough of.
Toni
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  03:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Up at 4:45, flip light on for hubby
do bathroom stuff
flip t.v. or radio on
make sure hubby is out of bed
make lunches/gobble a bit of breakfast
wake dog (she has become a bum!)
take dog outside to go potty
take care of cats and chickens
come back in
fix treat toy for the dog
brush teeth
turn off t.v. keep radio on for the dog
get stuff ready to go
put on boots
make sure hubby is ready to leave
give dog her treat toy
head out the door usually by around 5:30
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  03:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Oliver usually wakes me up around 7am. We go downstairs and he has a bottle, I have some coffee. that's about the only rountine part. Some days Oliver and I just hang around on the couch and ply..other days i do housework while he jumps in his car.. We just do whatever, and that is our rountine

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4263 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4263 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  04:16:35 AM  Show Profile
I am up by 5, have coffee, and head out to milk Summer. I work 3 days a week, so those mornings it is rush rush, to get all the chores done and to work by 8. The other mornings, I take it a bit slower, but still there is animals to care for, and then it is on to house work, cooking, and cheese making. Always work to do.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  05:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Have you ever noticed that when you have children, especially small children, your life is kinda like that movie, GROUNDHOGS DAY? LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Feb 24 2009 05:01:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile
I open Sonic Drive In every morning... do everything from the morning deposit to breakfast, carhopping.. you name it.. and I probably do it. We open for business at 6, and I get there at 5.

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  1:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Daily routine 7 days a week...
6:15 I wake up & get up stagger into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Stir & feed the Sourdough starter (Mona) Check
temperature outside, look out at the chicken coop see if the girls are up.. turn on the computer,go out & feed the girls , open the studio so they can come outside while I clean out the muck & add more straw. Return to house, shower brush teeth put on makeup. Drink OJ & read until Clay gets up ususally by 7:30
Eat breakfast by 8. This starts my day.

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  4:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I'm am super-impressed by all my early bird farmgirls! Wish I could be like that, but the fella and I are night owls, working/reading late into the night. So, here is my lazy morning :)

Radio comes on at 8am, and am usually awake-ish by 8:30. Fella, bless him, gets up and turns on the heater for me then goes off to start the tea and feed the chicks/get the eggs. After he's done, he makes us our tea and oatmeal, he goes off to his computer, and I eat my brekkie in my warm bed and get on my laptop- catching up on email, checking if I have work that needs doing, reading forums/blogs etc. Ten-ish I either jump in the tub, or just get dressed and start in on my day which could include housework/laundry/bookkeeping/computer work. Since it's winter, and this house is cold!, I usually stay in my bedroom and work on my laptop. It's cosy :)

In the spring/summer/fall I'm usually up and about more (doing chicken chores/gardening/or going on walkabout) but in the winter I go into hibernation mode!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic morning ritual..what's yours? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page