Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 were all the farm girls in texas ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic were all the farm girls in texas ? Next Topic
Page: of 3

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  3:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi, i just joined farm girls a couple of weeks ago . I have yet to see any chapters in texas ( except for the heart of texas - and there hasn't been a post in very long time)

everyone here seems so nice and friendly, but just wondered if there are any other farm girls in texas

chiqita

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  4:08:00 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
HOWDY!! I am here. Lost touch with the other gals. Drop me a line!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  9:25:07 PM  Show Profile
HOWDY! so nice to hear from you - I see you're from New Braunfels - I visit there every chance i get - are you in a chapter? I have'nt been able to find one yet.

Do you know where Cisco is? or Abilene - we are about 20 miles from cisco and 54 from Abilene. were we live was actually a oil boom town many years ago. just a few farms and a dairy here now tho.
We raise cattle and I raise goats and chickens. Ilove to garden.
How bout you what do you do?

chiqita

Edited by - savanna on Feb 18 2009 9:28:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  08:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Rita, I was in the HOTTIES but we seemed to have fallen apart. IF we get stationed at Fort Hood, I think I will be up your way a little more. Right now, I live in a small apartment but I do container gardening and just try to enjoy life right now. I got to school full time and have a little 3 year old son. Life is good!!!

Heather

Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I live in Orange and went through New Braunfels this past weekend after going to San Antonio.So pretty in that area!
The Heart of Texas online chapter seemed to just fizzle out. I hope you can find, or form up, a chapter in your area!

Caron

"Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation".
Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Caron- you didn't stop???? : (

Heather

Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  12:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey girl! I am in Waco and probably only go your direction every year or so but we are around! I haven't found a chapter near me yet but I havent had a lot of extra time yet either....these girls here in the forum are the greatest!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  8:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Heather, sounds like your life is busy. What are you taking in school? I have done some container gardening in the past too. I have been taking some class at a college in Abilene but not full time , just for excerise to the brain.(my daughter works there)

Caron, is Orange TX in the Hill Country? Janie I go through Waco some, use to go through there more when my son was showing cattle.

chiqita
Go to Top of Page

jenybea
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Jenny
Caldwell Tx
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2009 :  2:32:14 PM  Show Profile
I'm just down the road from Waco. Just west of College Station in a little town called Caldwell.
There is a Brazos Valley Chapter but they are not active !
I joined just a couple of months ago. I am still in awe of all the information to read and get involved with! But I am loving every minute of it !

Jenny
Go to Top of Page

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  12:34:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny,
So glad you are here. I have not been able to find a chapter in my area either. Whats the deal with all the different Texas Chapters being inactive.
But you're right there is a lot of information to read and get involved with. Maybe it's going to take all of us to get Texas going again.

chiqita
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 30 2009 :  5:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
LET'S BRING TEXAS FARMGIRLS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~~~
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:07:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes,let's bring the Hotties back!

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
All the postings on the Hottie chapter are gone!

Caron, what's the project for June?? :)

~~~~
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2009 :  1:35:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rita,
I am a Texas Farmgirl. I live about 30 miles east of College Station(Texas A&M University). We don't have a farm chapter out here either that is active that I know of. I keep telling my girls out here we need to start one. Maybe soon.

Hey Jenny, I go to Caldwell about once a month to Sandcreek Farm to get my fresh raw milk and yogurt. Have you ever been there?

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover

Edited by - arabianhorselover on Aug 05 2009 10:44:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Caron
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

Caron
Orange Texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2009 :  1:15:08 PM  Show Profile
My project was for this summer instead of June only. It was to learn a new craft this summer either sewing, crochet,knitting, any craft you've wanted to at least begin to try, do it this summer.

Caron

Farmgirl Sister #254
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  07:49:27 AM  Show Profile
I am in Decatur so not real close to a lot of you but would be willing to do what I can. I live on 24 acres and have a variety of critters.
I think there are a few farmgirls clustered in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, mostly Ft. Worth. Savannah, if you are in Cisco could you come to a meeting in Weatherford? Is that too far? I have an aunt who lives in Mineral Wells and I think she might be interested in MJF. I know there is someone in Cleburn and I thought Weatherford might be a central location. Maybe we could meet on First Monday Flea Market weekend or something.
When you have a chapter how often do you have to meet?

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2009 :  10:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hi, everyone.. Since Texas is so big... The Hotties were usually a cyber-chapter!

~~~~
Go to Top of Page

smjlfn
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Sharon
Cornish Maine
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:11:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi I am new here and live near Fort Hood. My dh and I are wanted to move onto our own land once we have the money. I am interested in the Tx thing. What are chapters and what do ya'll do? Thanks.
Sharon:)
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello LaVonna! I am so excited you brought this thread up. I am new and was wondering where the Texas girls were. We are living just West of Corsicana right now, but my other house is in Weatherford. I lived there just about most of my life. We have only been here for one year. I still go to Weatherford several timea a month. My daughter who was living in Springtown is living in the house now. If anyone wants to get together let me know. I don't know the first thing about the meetings though.

Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  06:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sharlet,
I'm just east of you in Athens. Am brand new here, so am now looking for a group in this area. If there is not one already will need to start one. Let me hear from you.
Melody June

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi to all in Texas,
Well I looked and there was not a chapter in the Athens area, so yes I jumped in and just started one. NO, I don't know what I'm doing yet but I'm a fast learner AND I am a Farmgirl. Anyone interested contact me. I will run an ad in the paper to invite all the Farmgirls that don't even know about Mary Jane's yet. This will be a blast.
Melody June

Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2009 :  07:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Forgot, look up Blue Moon Texas Farmgirls. That will be us!
Melody June

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  9:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Is this to be an online Texas group? I am really quite a distance from Athens. I am north of Ft Worth. I am afraid I could not be at most meetings.
LaVonna

Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  9:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi LaVonna,

I think it is an actual group that meets some of the time. I know where Decatur is. I used to live in Weatherford. I still go there often. I am new on the mjf site here and am just getting familiar with the groups, so I may not be the best person to give answers. I really haven't even started getting active with a group yet. How did you find this site? I found it through Victoria magazine.

Sharlet
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2009 :  11:45:33 PM  Show Profile
I actually found it from the MJF magazine at tractor supply. I have not been real active but look in from time to time. I would try to be active in a closer group. Are you a farmgirl?
LaVonna

Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  05:30:47 AM  Show Profile
The group in Athens will be a live meet in person group. Am waiting for the a start up packet from MJ's to see what is in it and go from there. When in Wally World a bit back buying some canning jars a younger woman asked if it was hard to can. I said I did not think so, but I'd learned from the best "my MOM." She said how she wished she had someone to teach her. I could not get her out of my mind and thought about it for a few days and had decided since I've taught other things it would be fun to start a "getting back to basics" group. I was making a list of fun things to teach and share like canning, cooking without a box, baking a cake from scratch, growing a garden and things like that. Then my sister called and said she had found some books right up my alley, and sent me to Mary Jane's to read about her Outpost book . See how God works! He knew the desire of my heart an opened a door. I had to drive 52 miles to get her magazine but it was well worth it. That is how I found this site. I would have never dreamed there were so many farmgirls out there with the same interests. To be dreadfully honest I've always thought I was a bit odd because I love doing things the old fashion way.
So I am getting flyers ready, Mary Jane's provided me a ad for the newspaper and hopefully by next week I will have something firm to post here on the newly forming Blue Moon Texas Farmgirls group.
PS I did not think of an online group but don't know why this couldn't be that also for those who don't live close. Let me ponder that over the long weekend. Happy 4th of July everyone!!
Melody June

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic were all the farm girls in texas ? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page