Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 were all the farm girls in texas ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic were all the farm girls in texas ? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2009 :  10:05:06 PM  Show Profile
Do you suppose some of us distant ones could crash your meetings every now and then? Like if you have a "field trip" to Canton- I'm coming.

www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com

http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  05:45:43 AM  Show Profile
That would be a great idea. We could have Canton trade days slept overs. LOL I have found some real treasures on the what they call "junk row".

God's gift to you are your talents, your gift to Him is how you use them.
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2009 :  08:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hi, everyone, please check out the "Texas Gathering" in the Gathered up forum and give me your thoughts!

~~~~
http://nightbirdtrading.etsy.com
http://www.stevietribute.com
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2009 :  09:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Hea TX farmgirls, I have not stopped by in quite a while. Opening up a scrapbook store outside of austin so I have been busy with that. I stopped by because Kay-the midwife has been looking for the TX chapter group. I will let her know where you all are at. I just went through Caldwell and now I see someone is from there. Hope you are all having a scrappy day!

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Edited by - Txfarmgal on Jul 02 2009 09:12:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  07:31:42 AM  Show Profile
hey melody...how far is Athens from Quitman??? I know that we live about 40-45 minutes from Canton!!! But am still not enough of a local to know how far athens is...lol....if it's close enough, maybe I could join your chapter, if not, maybe we could do chapter get togethers!!!! I'm READY to get a chapter going!!!! I am craving "local" farmgirl friendship!!!...lol....I love the forums ALOT....but it would be so great to meet other like minded people in person!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  10:33:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kelley,
I know where Quitman is, our family cemetery is in Grice. We are about 30 miles straight west of Tyler on Hwy 31. I think at least an hour and a half. I'd love for you to come over here but I bet you'd have a ton of farmgirls over there that would join and we could do outings together. I just love your little quilt shop in Quitman, I've gone there for years. I bet you could find a bunch of farmgirls out of just that shop. I'm going to put the Mary Jane flyer in my local paper and see what happens. I just got the Chapter packet for MJ Saturday and have not read through it yet. Will get this one going this week. Let me hear from you one way or the other though.
Melody June

Go to Top of Page

marthaellen
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Martha
Normangee Texas
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2009 :  1:45:21 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ya'll! I just joined but I'm familiar with a lot of the places mentioned above. I didn't know Sand Creek moved to Caldwell, when she first started doing her raw milk sales, she was off H21 across from FeatherCrest (the real Sand Creek area). I really miss all that lovely Jersey milk!
I milked dairy goats (Oberhasli) for 26 yrs but finally gave it up awhile to take a steady job in B/CS. (At A&M).
martha
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2009 :  4:28:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Martha,
We just went last week and picked up our milk. Alysha just had another baby girl so we didn't get to visit with her. I just started getting my milk from them not that long ago but my neighbor has know her for a long time and that how we started into the raw milk. I just love it! You are not that far from me. I live just south of Iola off of Hwy 39.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
Go to Top of Page

marthaellen
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Martha
Normangee Texas
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2009 :  11:30:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jennifer, John and I both work at A&M but we live on our farm about 50 miles north-east of Bryan. We raise Paso Finos! I'd love to have a Jersey, but being gone so much during the week makes it almost impossible to have a milking anything.

Iola IS close!
martha
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  07:09:44 AM  Show Profile
I am in the Houston Area. Maybe we could get a group to talk at least on-Line, We need to do something for use Texas girls.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  1:20:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm just checkin' in. I'm in Fort Worth melting in the heat.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2009 :  2:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tanna it's only 100 down here in Athens. We must be having a cold front. LOL
Smiles, Melody June

Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Ok, sisters, I am bringing this thread back up so we have a chance to get in touch with all of you who are listed on here. Brooke and Heather and a few others have plans for a monster hen house for all of us Texas Farmgirls.

Any of you game for it?
LaVonna

Farmgirl Sister #758
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2009 :  10:22:16 PM  Show Profile
Melody June, did you ever get your group up and going?
LaVonna

Farmgirl Sister #758
Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  05:14:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi LaVonna,
I put it on hold for just a bit. My husband and son both lost their jobs at the same time and my focuses had to be elsewhere for a moment. Ivan starts back to work on Wed. though and Sean's back in college full time, so I am refocusing on the group. I have put out lots of the Farmgirl Flyers and run an add in our local paper and have a list of possible members. It's not so easy just starting a group when everyone lives so far apart. I do have your name on the list though because I've not forgotten the sleep over for Canton Trade Days. LOL Email me your address and phone and I'll keep you informed.
Have you found any farmgirls around your area yet?
Smiles, Melody June

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  06:25:01 AM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Hey, Melody June!! Check the Farmgirl chapter chatter. We're trying to pull together something in regards to the Heart of Texas Group and having sub-groups under that according to region .. monthly meeting up and then the whole group under Heart of Texas meets up once a year... we'd also have a newsletter to keep the state 'together' with each regions happenings. :)

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  07:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I saw that. There was not a group in this area when we started looking into this months back. We all want a real group so we can meet and do things together. We are already registered with MaryJanes Farms, have our group paperwork and have started gathering possible members. If your going to have a Texas wide yearly meeting that also would be fun for us to make plans to attend.

Smiles, Melody June

Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
OOhh I do hope we can get henhouses going here in this big ole state of Texas...LOL..
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Oh, melody, all groups suggested are going to be real groups. The Gulf Coast one, for instance, is going to be a real one here in this area. My thought was that Heart of Texas was almost just to keep all the chapters in connection with each other.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

Cabinprincess
True Blue Farmgirl

682 Posts

Melody June
Athens TX
USA
682 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  5:52:40 PM  Show Profile
Great Brooke, I'm glad you are pulling this all together and clearing up the confusion. It was the TX Hotties we were told was a cyber group. But does this mean that there will be two groups here in the Tyler/Athens area, ours and another one to be called the Piney Woods group?

Smiles, Melody June

Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2009 :  6:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
I don't think so, but I am not sure. I need to write you back on email. The Hotties _are_ basically a cyber group but the idea was that groups would be around the state and come together each year as the "Heart of Texas" so to speak and also have a newsletter to keep everyone in Texas in touch and in the know of what is going on around the different regions (which Heather would be in charge of). Really, if there are more than one group in a "region" - I don't really see why it would be a problem to have more than one ..if need be. I am trying to find out if there is already one here in Houston area (Gulf Coast) that I don't even know about. I just didn't think there were groups so far. I would suggest talking with Heather (catscharm74) if you would prefer it to be only one in the Piney Woods region. I haven't submitted for the Gulf Coast one yet because Caron was talking about asking about having subgroups under the Heart of Texas henhouse to try and keep it more organized and not spread out and lose touch of everyone.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2009 :  06:08:31 AM  Show Profile
Janie in Waco, we stayed at the Cotton Palace B&B while going to Homestead Heritage for canning and cheesemaking lessons. Jennifer in Bedias, I pass through there every time I go to Madisonville or going to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Martha in Normangee, I have friends that live between Normangee and Madisonville. Yehaw, Farmgirls are alive and well in the great state of Texas.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

Moodene
True Blue Farmgirl

353 Posts

Nadine
Devers Texas
USA
353 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  04:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Moodene's MSN Messenger address  Send Moodene a Yahoo! Message
Okay, where is everybody at?? I am now a Farmgirl #801. Yeah!!

Farmgirl #801,finally!
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2009 :  10:52:05 PM  Show Profile
I am here - waiting with you. I think I am going over to sit one the virtual porch for awhile.

Farmgirl Sister #758
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  07:05:28 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by magnoliakathy

Janie in Waco, we stayed at the Cotton Palace B&B while going to Homestead Heritage for canning and cheesemaking lessons. Jennifer in Bedias, I pass through there every time I go to Madisonville or going to Dallas/Ft. Worth. Martha in Normangee, I have friends that live between Normangee and Madisonville. Yehaw, Farmgirls are alive and well in the great state of Texas.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,

I live closer to Iola but would love for you to stop by when you are out this way.

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic were all the farm girls in texas ? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page