Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Ideas for a Lace Sweater
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Ideas for a Lace Sweater Next Topic  

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  07:32:49 AM  Show Profile
I picked up a pretty delicate lace sweater from Goodwill not too long ago. I didn't try it on there, because I have this thing about washing stuff from there before putting it on.
Anyways, It ended up being too small when I brought it home, and though it is a really small size, it is way too big for Tori. Any thoughts of what I could make it into? And, how do I go about cutting something like that without it unraveling??
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"The grass withereth,the flower fadeth:but the word of our God shall stand forever." Is. 40:8

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  4:53:19 PM  Show Profile
I'd lay the lace over satin material and make a pillow... First trace your square onto the lace, zig zag along that line (or serge and cut at the same time) then lay the panel over the satin and proceed with constructing the pillow. If it is a button front you can even use that area on the pillow, if you have the underlying fabric.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  7:08:55 PM  Show Profile
That is a great idea Lizabeth! Thanks for sharing it.I jsut couldn't seem to figure out how to do it without unraveling the fabric. My brain was a total blank.:P (of course, thats nothing new..hehe!)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

"The grass withereth,the flower fadeth:but the word of our God shall stand forever." Is. 40:8

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Ideas for a Lace Sweater Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page