Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Are these crocheted pillowcases repairable?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Are these crocheted pillowcases repairable? Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  08:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message

Among all the other vintage things I love, are vintage pillowcases. The pricing lady at the Salvation Army was going to throw this pair out, but I looked so sad, she put 19cents each on them and I bought them. Can they be repaired? They each have that one hole.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  08:42:11 AM  Show Profile
You can carefully hand stitch up the parts that have started to come undone. I don't think that you can fix them any other way. They are so cute and quite a bargain at 19 cents.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  11:57:55 AM  Show Profile
I agree; also when you do mend it; you could put a pretty patch on it or crocheted rose or something like that.
I love the pillow cases.
You got a good price even it was torn. hugs Sheila

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  12:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Love those southern lady patterns. I would have bought them too and I don't crochet. Got a quilt top a year or so back that they were using as a drop cloth under a compressor. I happened to spot it in the back and the lady and I got it out before more oil dripped on it. I insisted on paying, since the money funds Meals On Wheels, so she charged me $5. When her husband got back, he wanted to know where his "rag" was and we both gave him a bad time. The oil came out after being treated with liquid Dawn, it's great for getting out oil...remember the Exxon Valdez and all the birds that were oil soaked..thats' what they used to clean them with.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  1:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I don't crochet either, Ronna. Maybe I can manage to just kind of fake it and stitch them as best I can together like Ruth suggests. I like what Sheila said about putting a rose on it, too. And I especially like what you did with the oily quilt. You and Miss Wilma can spot a quilt a mile away! :D I'm going to remember about Dawn liquid.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  1:14:24 PM  Show Profile
I think you could just catch the threads so they don't unravel anymore. That's what I would do. Love those vintage linens, sometimes I feel like the west coast textile rescue person!
You know as well as I that when we develop the knack of finding the good stuff, it almost jumps out at us. When I was helping a friend by putting in time for her antique mall booth, I'd find some goodies. The manager would get all snotty, that 'she didn't have time to walk around and find what was underpriced'. I just said "well, I do" and pay for my finds.
My problem is in not selling anything, at least you're turning the funds over to be able to buy more.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2009 :  1:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, Ronna, at least the last two months have been better.LOL! After the beating I took last summer, I was on the verge of giving it up in the fall. And I have a bad habit of keeping too much for myself. I wish I could be more like Wilma! She turns stuff over so fast it makes my head swim.

Farmgirl Sister #50

'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Are these crocheted pillowcases repairable? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page