Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Well starting over can be a good thing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Well starting over can be a good thing Next Topic
Page: of 2

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  4:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Lisa,
There is something about letting go.... that gives us the space for new...... dont you just love that!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/http://renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

justpassnthru
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

North Carolina
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  1:00:25 PM  Show Profile
Lisa, sometimes change is more necessary than scary.....or both, but its the only way to fill your heart and soul with joy. All the best. Hold on tight to your dreams, and if others don't share in them, thats OK, because they are yours, and they ARE worth it!! Go get 'em, girl! We are all pulling for you.

Edited by - justpassnthru on Mar 05 2009 1:10:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  2:21:08 PM  Show Profile
How are things going on this Lisa? I'll look under family matters and see if I can find an update too.

I have been in your shoes on this matter...or similar anyhow. I found my own place after he said "no" to me keeping the dream farm (mostly my dream of course and I did most of the work too!) we had started. Well, I was heartbroken at first but was like you...not going to hold me hostage! I took my half of the sale proceeds and bought a little cute old farm (all I could afford)..close to town, only 3.5 acres but I had a blast fixing that place up inside and out. I had to work hard to make the payments and improvements but I had a great time there and my kids liked it too. When I remarried it was hard for me to sell it but we moved to his place in the country with a lot more land and I didn't want to deal with renters. I sometimes still miss my cozy little place. I think it worked out for the best now that I look back.

I'm thinking of you.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  2:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa will be getting her house back and her Ex has about 30 days left to vacate the house. Right now she is staying with a friend.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  3:36:53 PM  Show Profile
Alee...if you see Lisa, tell her to read the book "Broken Open" by Elizabeth Lesser. It's excellent and I wish it had been around when I was going through that. Give her my best!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  3:43:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Sandra-

I only "see" Lisa on the internet- we live about 500 miles apart :( I wish we lived closer. But I will pass on the message through her email since she might see that before she has a chance to check the forum. Her good friend Rose (IdCityRose here on the forum) found her mother passed away earlier this week so Lisa is spending a lot of time with her.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  08:02:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for filling us in, Alee. However it works out, I'm sure it will be for the best.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Yes...thanks Alee! I'll say a prayer for Lisa and Rose...and you and Nora of course!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  06:34:59 AM  Show Profile
It's scary starting over. I had 2 & 3yr old sons when I got out of a very bad marriage. I ended up buying a run down 125 year old house because I could not afford rent. I was lucky and only had to pay $50. a week for both of my kids to go to a sitter, who is now my best friend. I put 2 bricks under the leg ends of my bed to level it. Little by little I did work on it. My dad ripped off my backkroom one day when I was at work and announced to me we were going to build a new home. We added a kitchen,livingroom and a bath. 3 years later we tore down the old house while living in the new side which was small,new but small. then we built the rest of the house. My sons are now 29 & 30 and they will tell you it was the best time. Helping mom and grampa build the house. Some days I was so tired after work I would cry on the way home knowing I had to hammer, saw or sand. I really hated sanding. To this day the small bathroom which is next to the large bathroom is not finished. A house is what you make it and with my sons, my dad and a few great neighbors our house turned into a warm and happy home. I would not trade those years in for anything. They taught me patience. Showed me love from my neighbors and family. Gave me hope for the future, and taught my kids with a little hard work we can do anything. But I do remember dusting was next to impossialbe.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Diane! That must have been quite the struggle! What an amazing experience though! You are a strong lady!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Been in that boat, bailing water... Finally made it to shore..Good for you girl. A fresh start is waiting your talents & energy!

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

You never know when what you say or do will make a difference...Kerry Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  07:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Lisa, wish you all the best. Sometimes a new start is so refreshing! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Planting Zone 3

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

goatlove
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Cathryn
Dover NH
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  4:39:59 PM  Show Profile
Be true to your heart and mind and soul, and also to God's: the desires of your heart will be.....

By God's Grace!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Well starting over can be a good thing Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page